Need a VN for the Halloween Season

Asterisk

Saya no Uta isn't scary, nor does it tries to be. It's dark, but that's it. 

Higurashi and Umineko also aren't quite scary... There's Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni, made by the same author, which fits halloween more, but still isn't supposed to scare you. 

Finally, there's Phenomeno, which can scare you if you're not used to horror. It's about as close as you'll get with translated VNs. Aside from Corpse Party, which also fits the deal- you can try those games with a psp emulator if you don't have one. 

All in all, japanese are pretty bad with horror. Listen to the VN-sensei and go with phenomeno, though. 

I'll reiterate what Kaguya said, Phenomeno will probably be your best bet.

As for Saya no Uta, it isn't really scary, but  (personally) few novels, movies, etc. ever really hit on that string anyway. You might still find it horrifying, but even if you don't,  I'd still call it halloweenish. It's grim and a monster story. Fits the bill in my book.

Supreme Candy was made for Halloween. However, its rather unfortunate that the translator in charge of the project isnt willing to share the progress he's made or seek help to finish the damn thing. What's the point of being so protective about a project if its something thats never going to be finished... Got a hold of the guy on Twitter and says he's still working on it but hasn't updated the blog in almost 6 months, sounds like some BS to me

I apologize for my rant, got a bit carried away there :P

Well if you're interested in untranslated games its a good choice for the season.

The first half of Chaos;Head is pretty atmospheric, but that falls apart later on when it heads in a completely different direction. Cross;Channel is also kind of disturbing depending how you look at it, but it's definitely not scary either.

From what I've read/played, Corpse Party is your best bet, though those games devolve into a fanservice gorefest the further they get. And thanks to the not so well done 3D in BloodDrive, the scares are nothing but hilarious, unfortunately. :D

Sayonara wo oshiete

Speaking of killer queen. What are the ages of the characters? Had a look at the vn db and the character write ups were nonexistent. I saw one of the tags listed as loli heroine just wanted to see whe what percentage of the content that was since I try and avoid loli content when possible. Though I did hear you can turn ero content off in the latest release.