Hi All!

Rayan_2k9

I'm new to Fuwanovel!

I'm an avid novel reader and recently I've gotten into visual novels; for (relaxation) hobbies I like reading books and reading manga, unfortunately I'm not interested in anime, hence visual novels seem to be the perfect middle ground for me.

Currently I'm near finishing all the routes for Clannad which I'd say is my first real visual novel read and I've enjoyed it. Besides that I've played Shira Oka: Second Chances (PC) and Love Plus (DS) which are closer to the dating simulations category.

I plan to read Tomoyo After since I enjoyed Clannad so much and hopefully find more enjoyable VN's/simulators.

I liked the elements in Shira Oka -- where you study, improve your grades, physical stats, and eventually dated as you progress throughout the story and such. Are there any other simulators or visual novels that are similar in view?

Thank you and, of course, nice to meet you all! :D

Welcome to the community, Rayan. I hope to see you around forums.

As for what you may be looking for, Long Live the Queen (available on Steam) has a heavy focus on attribute raising in order to progress through the story. An older title, but still nonetheless very good, is True Love. It's likely to be exactly what you are looking for, if you don't mind how old it looks.

Not interested in anime, that's something I don't hear very often :P

Visual novels are indeed better but anime does things that visual novels simply cannot do. If you like Clannad and find that you like Key in general after you read Tomoyo After, you might just have to break down and watch some of the anime adaptions. For example, I thought the Air anime was much better overall.

Anyway, welcome! Stay a while, hope to see you around the forums

Welcome to the forum fellow Fuwan. I'm also like you in the way that I don't really feel much regarding anime, I can watch them if the need arises, but when there is another medium available, like manga and VNs, I honestly don't give a crap about anime.