Fall 2014 Anime Discussion

Kenshin_sama

Just watched UBW episode 0. Sasuga Ufotable, expectations were high and all were surpassed. The soundtracks, the pacing, the fights, the animation.... the ending scene was perfect too...

Ah~ I can't take it anymore~ I'm bweaking~

On a side note, next week is episode 1 with 1 hour special length told from Shirou perspective right? As opposed of today from Rin's perspective.

Ushinawareta was pretty terrible, but I feel like I need to keep watching just to figure out what exactly is going on. I can't just stop watching, it's like a trainwreck that I can't take my eyes off of.

Or should I say a buswreck? (probably not)

it actually made me afraid of the adaption of grisia seeing as both of them are vn's.

as for me i will watch the second episode and then decide wenether to burn it, blow it up or drop a nuclear shell on it.

UBW ep 0: Follows the VN to the letter so far. Which means that the first half wasn't all that interesting but the second half was cool.

As expected production value is high, gorgeous background and good animation for the characters, although I don't like the chara-design all that much. Music is good too.

The fight style they seem to go for doesn't have much key animation, which is a shame for sakuga-amateurs like me, but still gives a sensation of power and speed. That's cool. Looking forward to all the other awesome fights.

The direction isn't anything special, I expect that director to do more bold things later in the show and maybe stray a bit from the story, that would make things interesting and seeing his KnK 5 he can do it.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis: seems like a decent fantasy show. I expected the fan-service to be more intrusive from other feedbacks but it's okay. I'll keep watching for a few episodes to see if it's worth it.

:D they didnt mess up Madan no Ou i'm happy,looks to be as good as the manga and there wasnt too much pointless fanservice either,the voice acting is good too.

Log Horizon 2 was the usual,havent fully watched it yet but i doubt it'll disappoint ;D

Fate/stay off to a nice start seems next week will also be 1 hour,cant wait! i always wanted to know about this arc

seems ubw is decent enough guess i'll watch that while i wait for Chaika ;D

I am quite worried about it actually, seeing how the other vn adaption turned out.

Completely different staff and studio so there's absolutely no reason for Grisaia to be bad too. Of couse there are things to worry about but that's for every VN adaptations ever.

Grisaia ep 1 is out (not subbed yet of course). I only skipped around but it seems pretty good

Someone on Twitter said they heard it was pretty good, too... I'm still a little nervous, but I feel like after Ushinawareta, VN adaptations can only go up in quality. (This isn't including the UBW that everyone loves, since I'm not into Fate, but I heard that was amazing, so... it might not be the best this season, but it won't be the worst.)

Someone on Twitter said they heard it was pretty good, too... I'm still a little nervous

Well, yes

Tons of People talk about it (In FB of course) , they said the first episode is good

I haven't watch it, still waiting english sub released

Hope it will be like that until the anime finished airing

I've been anticipating Sora no Method for a while now, wondering what it's going to be about.

And now that I've watched the first episode I was not disappointed, though a lot of my questions still remain, particularly about that thing in the sky.

Although the tone of the show was not what I expected at first, the drama was pretty nice, and of course the cute girls make it even better, and who knows if it won't turn into a nice SoL. There's many possibilities right now.

Will definintely keep watching and see what direction this show takes.

Also expect some yuri undertones~

PS: Noel is adorable, perhaps even best loli of the season

KWj03HP.jpg

What can I say? Fate was pretty cool. Except Rin. As expected, she acted moronic all through the episode. Well, that's how she is in the VN too, so I don't have much of a problem with it. She's not too important, even in her route, so my expectations are still high. Waiting for all that Archer action~

I haven't watched Grisaia no Kajitsu yet but the fanservice level is somewhere around this

bdlpny7.jpg

There will be uncensored BDs

Shame they went down that path. Even if it's an adaptation of an eroge, anime and VNs are judged on different criteria and if this focuses too much on fanservice it's going to suffer a lot.

I haven't watched Grisaia no Kajitsu yet but the fanservice level is somewhere around this

bdlpny7.jpg

Shame they went down that path. Even if it's an adaptation of an eroge, anime and VNs are judged on different criteria and if this focuses too much on fanservice it's going to suffer a lot.

I am and will forever be irritated with those rays of light blocking the goodies.

Guess I'll wait for the BDs.

And yeah. I'm okay with fanservice and all but I'd like a proper storyline for an adaptation of a VN.

I mean, the non-readers would think that it's purely fanservice!

I have yet to watch any on the list. Is the reboot of F/SN really that good?

Grisaia first ep was pretty good imo. Except for the numerous panty-shot that kinda seemed out of place sometimes, (well, I guess they do need that in order to have the numerous appearances of Amane half naked not stand out too much?)

Yuuji's voice fits very well. First episode introduced Yuuji and every heroine. It was following the VN to the letter, ofc it was much more fast paced, but they kept all the important stuff. I feel the foreshadowing was very well done concerning each heroine. Also, for some reason Yumiko seems to be a tad more in the highlight than the other heroines the way it is presented, but it might be only my imagination. Animation and art was good, as expected from Grisaia. I really liked the film format with the black stripes, but some people might not like it though.

A good start anyway, but the real question / worry is what are they going to adapt with only 13 episodes? Hopefully they don't do the mistake of packing everything into such a short time frame, that would be ridiculous.

Well, the first episode of Grisaia was actually good.It's a bit curious how they have chosen to reveal an important part of Amane's plot so early in the series. Maybe they are planning to do only her route within this series and, if they do well and everything, the other routes on a later time.

bdlpny7.jpg