Fall 2014 Anime Discussion

Kenshin_sama

Episode 2 of Akatsuki no Yona: O_O

This episode was so good from beginning to end. First one had me convinced, second one has me pondering whether this will be the best non-sequel anime of the season. Like, really. I mean, beating the blockbuster F/SN is gonna be tough but I'm conquered.

As far as I'm concerned this anime has the best artistic direction of the season. From the refined and detailed chara-design to the beautiful backgrounds, the soft, warm yet powerful colors, everything is great.

And I'm really hooked by the story. That introduction was rather classical to say the least but well executed, and now it screams of adventure and I really hope it will deliver.

Med-fan is really the theme of the season though. Yona aside, Garo, Shingeki no Bahamut and Nanatsu no Taizai all delivered good second episodes and seem to be solid picks. I guess you could count Log Horizon 2 in the bunch too (wow database wow)

I have a few other shows I'll keep following for the lulz (Inou-battle isn't all that bad actually but it's so bland), but other than those I mentioned already the only other anime I'm having expectations for are UBW (ofc) and Amagi Brilliant Park (Might KyoAni end up delivering? I sure don't give a flying damn about the US rapper names but the show looks potentially interesting).

Might pick up Parasyte but I'm not a fan of this kind of story and I already have a bunch of stuff to follow.

Might pick up Parasyte but I'm not a fan of this kind of story and I already have a bunch of stuff to follow.

You should! It's really not my usual thing either but the first episode was great! Has an awesome cast as well, worth watching it just for Aya Hirano's performance as Migi alone.

This episode was so good from beginning to end. First one had me convinced, second one has me pondering whether this will be the best non-sequel anime of the season. Like, really. I mean, beating the blockbuster F/SN is gonna be tough but I'm conquered.

As far as I'm concerned this anime has the best artistic direction of the season. From the refined and detailed chara-design to the beautiful backgrounds, the soft, warm yet powerful colors, everything is great.

And I'm really hooked by the story. That introduction was rather classical to say the least but well executed, and now it screams of adventure and I really hope it will deliver..

And I'm really hooked by the story. That introduction was rather classical to say the least but well executed, and now it screams of adventure and I really hope it will deliver.

Med-fan is really the theme of the season though. Yona aside, Garo, Shingeki no Bahamut and Nanatsu no Taizai all delivered good second episodes and seem to be solid picks. I guess you could count Log Horizon 2 in the bunch too (wow database wow)

I have a few other shows I'll keep following for the lulz (Inou-battle isn't all that bad actually but it's so bland), but other than those I mentioned already the only other anime I'm having expectations for are UBW (ofc) and Amagi Brilliant Park (Might KyoAni end up delivering? I sure don't give a flying damn about the US rapper names but the show looks potentially interesting).

For people who have no idea who these people are. 

Kanye?!

Other people mentioned that Kanie Seiya, from Amagi Brilliant Park, sounds a lot likeKanye Seiya. So I got a bit curious…

Seiya (西也) is written with the kanji for west, so he is literally Kanye West. That explains is narcissism I guess.

But that’s not all.

Latifa Fleuranza is Queen Latifah (duh).

Kanye’s sister’s name is Kyuubu Aisu = Ice Cube

Kurisu Takaya, the guy from the second ep, is actually Chris Tucker.

Sento Isuzu, took a while to figure out, but she is supposed to be 50 Cent I think. Sento = Cent and Isuzu means fifty bells it seems.

So basically Amagi Brilliant Park is about Ice Cube’s little brother, Kanye West, who is working together with 50 Cent in order to help Queen Latifah run an amusement park. And then there is Chris Tucker trying to stop them. Yeah… -  #aikamiteitoku #Tumblr

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o1_1280.gif

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o2_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o3_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o4_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o5_r1_1280.gif

This is so brilliant in a way; it might even be slightly offensive to some people. 

It might be a little more clear in future episodes. I doubt Kyoani would do something noticeably bad like that since they tend to take visual quality very seriously (which is the only thing they're consistent with).

You could have a point there. It would tie in with the shitty mascot and the shitty amusement park, theme....

Somehow I feel like I'm giving the Japanese to great a benefit of the doubt. 

Hmm I finished ep 1 now

Definintely was not a trainwreck.

The whole premise was at least much more well laid out than Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou was, although a lot of questions are unanswered, but there's no forced gore/drama and the art's not too bad either.

I'll watch episode 2 tomorrow and draw more conclusions after, but regardless I'll keep watching.