Fall 2014 Anime Discussion

Kenshin_sama

Interesting fact I just learned about Amagi Brilliant Park

Isuzu Sento (千斗 いすず Sento Isuzu?) Voiced by: Ai Kakuma A royal guard who carries a magical muzzleloader named Steinberger and forces Seiya to go on a "date" with her to Amagi Brilliant Park. She has a stoic personality, rarely showing emotion and she can be cold and blunt on occasion. Despite that facade, she is also very sensitive. Her muzzleloader has been magically infused into her body, so she can summon it from any exposed skin. Her name originates from 50 Cent.

Yes, that 50 Cent. I just have to ask, why? 

Interesting fact I just learned about Amagi Brilliant Park

Isuzu Sento (千斗 いすず Sento Isuzu?) Voiced by: Ai Kakuma A royal guard who carries a magical muzzleloader named Steinberger and forces Seiya to go on a "date" with her to Amagi Brilliant Park. She has a stoic personality, rarely showing emotion and she can be cold and blunt on occasion. Despite that facade, she is also very sensitive. Her muzzleloader has been magically infused into her body, so she can summon it from any exposed skin. Her name originates from 50 Cent.

Yes, that 50 Cent. I just have to ask, why? 

Dunno, maybe they just like them. But it's not that deep, they just made her name sound like 50 cent.

you know a douce bag as a main character is not neccesarily that bad.

Take kanta from desert punk for example.

But i admit this could go very wrong very easily if he does not change one bit over the course of the series.

But hey, look at it from the bright side.

At least we dont got a Shinji ala neon genisis evangellion.

Well, but shinji is an extreme case! It's an unfair comparison xD

I'm guessing I'll watch the second episode and see what's what. Because, honestly, I have a problem trying to follow an anime where I don't like a single character.

Such mindblown, much wow.

Also, the businessman trying to shut down the park: Kurisu Takaya -> Chris Tucker. I'm sure there is more lurking within.

This just reminds me what a flash in the pan Chris Tucker was. It's a pretty obscure reference nowadays, I guess. Most people here are probably too young to know.

Wow latest of Inou Battle reminded me strongly of Seitokai no Ichizon,didnt expect this type of episode xD (confirmed the harem!)

For some reason i really dont like inou battle.

Basic setup looks nice and has a lot of potential.

I just really seem to hate the characters.....don't know why.

Grisaia still going strong,fun to watch even if u read it before

Wow latest of Inou Battle reminded me strongly of Seitokai no Ichizon,didnt expect this type of episode xD (confirmed the harem!)

and ehm just watched a bit of Girlfriend(kari) is this yuri? where teh MC? :s

Well, Girlfriend is supposed to be based off a dating simulator, but they decided to leave the "no male in game" when making the anime, leaving all females for the characters. I wondered the part about the "yuri" considering the actions of the first episode's girl, and thought it was strange considering all the girls should be straight (or bi) since it's a dating sim initially.

Man, watched Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (the first episode), and I'm not sure if I like it or not. The action looks epic, but the main characters looks and acts like a total douche. Aah aah, what to do, what to do...

He's like another Rance, but even goofier looking. It seems like the most naive of females will inevitably be paired with the most vile of males  :D. The animation for this and Fate/Stay Night this season are top notch. That dancing scene was very fluid and you could feel the liveliness. This Anime is better than your typical Western fantasy imitation. I can feel some of the authenticity of actual Western culture mixed in it. There are some cliched elements that appears in most J-Western Fantasies like Bahamut, Jean D Arc, One Winged demons/angels, etc. 

Having a complete douche as a MC once in a while gives a story some breath of freshness in the air. I don't completely identify with douches, but his chaotic personality is giving the story an entertainment factor that's been lacking in Anime lately. 

He's like another Rance, but even goofier looking. It seems like the most naive of females will inevitably be paired with the most vile of males  :D. The animation for this and Fate/Stay Night this season are top notch. That dancing scene was very fluid and you could feel the liveliness. This Anime is better than your typical Western fantasy imitation. I can feel some of the authenticity of actual Western culture mixed in it. There are some cliched elements that appears in most J-Western Fantasies like Bahamut, Jean D Arc, One Winged demons/angels, etc. 

Having a complete douche as a MC once in a while gives a story some breath of freshness in the air. I don't completely identify with douches, but his chaotic personality is giving the story an entertainment factor that's been lacking in Anime lately. 

It also concerns me how it seems the male cast uses lipstick =X

Well, Girlfriend is supposed to be based off a dating simulator, but they decided to leave the "no male in game" when making the anime, leaving all females for the characters. I wondered the part about the "yuri" considering the actions of the first episode's girl, and thought it was strange considering all the girls should be straight (or bi) since it's a dating sim initially.

Yeah, I felt a lack on consistency in Grisaia's animation. I love how it looks, just feels like it changes quality throughout the episodes.

Wait, what? I thought it was only for the first episode!

Wow, from bad introductory it has fallen into hole of eternal nightmare that must be avoided at all costs QQ.

Dating sim adaptation with no males,are they trying out sth different or sth? lol

kinda makes it bland,dont think i'll sit through that ;D

Probably only watching Fate/Stay Night and Parasyte (I liked Parasyte so much that I updated both my avatar and signature, definitely looking forward to the next episode tonight) this season. Will probably watch some of the other shows when they're done. I just don't have the energy to follow so many series while they're airing. Especially since they're so many good older series I still haven't seen.

For people who have no idea who these people are. 

Kanye?!

Other people mentioned that Kanie Seiya, from Amagi Brilliant Park, sounds a lot likeKanye Seiya. So I got a bit curious…

Seiya (西也) is written with the kanji for west, so he is literally Kanye West. That explains is narcissism I guess.

But that’s not all.

Latifa Fleuranza is Queen Latifah (duh).

Kanye’s sister’s name is Kyuubu Aisu = Ice Cube

Kurisu Takaya, the guy from the second ep, is actually Chris Tucker.

Sento Isuzu, took a while to figure out, but she is supposed to be 50 Cent I think. Sento = Cent and Isuzu means fifty bells it seems.

So basically Amagi Brilliant Park is about Ice Cube’s little brother, Kanye West, who is working together with 50 Cent in order to help Queen Latifah run an amusement park. And then there is Chris Tucker trying to stop them. Yeah… -  #aikamiteitoku #Tumblr

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o1_1280.gif

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o2_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o3_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o4_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_ndb6klHBBn1tgv0q6o5_r1_1280.gif

This is so brilliant in a way; it might even be slightly offensive to some people.