[Ongoing] Fuwanovel VN Reviews

The powers at be have granted me permission to create a new department within Fuwanovel. Now announcing, the Fuwanovel Visual Novel Reviews Department (name subject to change). 

In short, Fuwanovel will be soon hosting reviews to go along with some of the other updates that are in store. For right now though, I need to begin creating a review team. There are a couple of perks that will come with being a Fuwanovel Review Team Member. The biggest perk being a (officially released) VN being bought for the reviewer on a revolving basis.

How this will work:

For now, I will start with 3 reviewers to join the team. On the first month (when we begin), a copy of a VN of my choosing (will be a recent release) will be provided to a reviewer for review. A second reviewer will need to pick an OELVN to review, and the third will have his/her choice of any VN to review. The next month, reviewer number 2 will move down to the number 3 slot, and 3 up to the 1 slot while 1 moves to the 2 slot (It will make sense I promise). Each reviewer will need to meet a quota of one review per month, resulting in at least 3 reviews monthly for the FuwaReviews. 

Requirements

Solid writing skills

Time

Time

Time

B-cup

Willingness to accept critiques and editing

To apply, please either respond here, or via PM, link me a review you have written, or write a sample review for me from any media. Feel free to ask any questions. 

One of the requirements is a bit difficult, so this will have to do

damask_letter_b_black_coffee_mug-r3a78f2

I haven't seen many VN reviews but after reading a few I'm sure I could easily write one. Pencil me in, and I'll know if I have enough time in my upcoming schedule to get this done effectively by the end of this week. Its that time of the year for classes to start back up so I'm in limbo atm

Two questions:

*Spoiler-free I guess?

*What kind of standard presentation do you have in mind? I tend to just dump plain text when I review something, sometimes not even bothering to present the piece work (synopsis/whatever).

I'll apply btw, but I don't think I have a text all ready to submit in english right now, so I'll come back when I'll have edited an old post/translated a review I did in french/written up something from scratch.

Really nice to see reviews getting more attention. Good luck for all of you who'll apply, do your best!

Also, a question: Will reviews from people outside of the team be accepted if they fit whatever criteria is imposed?

I'm not ruling it out, but I doubt we'll do user reviews. 

Two questions:

*Spoiler-free I guess?

*What kind of standard presentation do you have in mind? I tend to just dump plain text when I review something, sometimes not even bothering to present the piece work (synopsis/whatever).

I'll apply btw, but I don't think I have a text all ready to submit in english right now, so I'll come back when I'll have edited an old post/translated a review I did in french/written up something from scratch.

spoiler-freeish. It would be case by case.

As for format, we can do that in editing. 

Im not particularly interested in Free VN's but would rather just help out the community in my own way. Is there a preferred Writing method that you would like. Or a Layout Template. And how much of it should be oppinionated?

I enjoy writing in my spare time and i do have the time to play VN's and write Reviews just not sure if im good enough to do a Review to someone else and what rules/Format you would like.

Im not particularly interested in Free VN's but would rather just help out the community in my own way. Is there a preferred Writing method that you would like. Or a Layout Template. And how much of it should be oppinionated?

I enjoy writing in my spare time and i do have the time to play VN's and write Reviews just not sure if im good enough to do a Review to someone else and what rules/Format you would like.

I'm less worried about format right now and more worried about review quality. Putting a review into a standard format is no problem. For a VN review, your time reviewing will mostly be spent on story, art, and characters. Some VNs have gameplay, so you'll need to discuss that too. Basically, I want a review that touches on every aspect of the VN. What id did good, what it failed to do, what you had hoped for. It's not too difficult to avoid spoilers either, but with any review, a small amount fo spoilers will come into play. 

Some examples of what sort of style I'm looking for:

http://solidbatman1.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/true-remembrance-review/

http://solidbatman1.wordpress.com/2013/06/09/ever17-the-out-of-infinity-review-for-vn-noobs/