Littlewitch Romanesque thoughts

SilverLi

Can you turn off the H in this game? or do you have to forcefull watch the H scenes?

If I remember correctly, those who pre-ordered the game back then should also get the STEAM keys for the all-ages version when it's out. Either that, or everyone who bought the game.

WHOA! This game is unexpectedly good. Really, really good.

The english is seamless, the writing is hilarious, the sim gameplay is really fun without being heavy on stats or ultra-complicated, the art is original, the characters are diverse and interesting, it's been a very long time since I've been hooked on a VN like I have with Romanesque. Every fan of sim games should give this a try!

Told you.

After playing Romanesque, you'd wish more visual novels would be at least of similiar quality. Story aside, the dice minigame is propably one of the most enjoyable parts. Back then I used to spend hours, trying out different spell combos to score as much as possible. If I remember correctly, one japanese player even managed to crash the game this way. I wonder if they fixed it by now ;)

WHOA! This game is unexpectedly good. Really, really good.

The english is seamless, the writing is hilarious, the sim gameplay is really fun without being heavy on stats or ultra-complicated, the art is original, the characters are diverse and interesting, it's been a very long time since I've been hooked on a VN like I have with Romanesque. Every fan of sim games should give this a try!

I thought this was sarcasm, but with all the other people saying the same things...

Exciting!

although you have to replay the game several times to get all the endings etc, something is everytime dying inside me when a quest runs out of time

and somrtimes i´ve absolutely no idea what quest or what spell learned will trigger what new event or scene. in my first playthrough i´ve waited near 2nd exams till i got all the teachers and now much earlier, same with 2nd spellbooks

one of the best spellcombos is in my my opinion:

first cast with both tempero ignis and then rest of the rounds with aria calestis flos & signum with kaya for hundrets of spirit points

edit: I´m really cursing santa for not delivering me my personally trained neko maid in heat this year, waited passionately the whole night

Best tip anyone can give is to learn Tempero Ignis ASAP and cast it multiple times per lesson for both characters. Right now I'm casting normal ignis first then tempero ignis a couple times, and trying to get a couple "moon" spirits (is that what that is?) per roll after that for maximum spirits. There may be more optimal strategies once you get more spells.

trust me dude, getting calestis flos asap for aria is pretty much mandatory. it only took my few weeks to get it, cause its on top of her first spell book. just ignore everything else and aim for it. it grants pretty big bonus spirits for BOTH girls at the same time without need for special teachers or later classrooms.
and like you said yourself, casting tempero ignis first for both girls should be standart too

trust me dude, getting calestis flos asap for aria is pretty much mandatory. it only took my few weeks to get it, cause its on top of her first spell book. just ignore everything else and aim for it. it grants pretty big bonus spirits for BOTH girls at the same time without need for special teachers or later classrooms.

and like you said yourself, casting tempero ignis first for both girls should be standart too

The math works out so where you'd get more spirits if you cast tempero ignis on days one and two. 20% fewer rounds casting calestis fios but you get around 83% more spirits for those next 4 days.

in that case you should´nt forget kayas signum & invisibilis spells. ESPECIALLY since when you dont care about her spells an let her autocast something you have later on a good chance of casting the one where she gets all the spirit from aria and then you can reload

& aria ultimate skill is definitely crescere with bonus on 6 dices

i think theres not much to say about, but its not sooo dramatic as stated.
when it comes to this game i´m perfectly fine with the editio perfecta, with dirty jokes, half naked angels and the all time horny protag.
although its primary about teaching two girls magic, i cannot imagine the whole game without the explicit content, cause it takes a huge amount of fun and accomplishment away from you.

like mariella getting banged each time she finishes her jobs to relief her stress

Well, I played through most of the game and I recall only a few ecchi situations regarding the girls. That could just be me not paying attention to things though. There was a card where Aria set fire to her dress but I learnt many fire spells and there wasn't a single instance where any of the girls had to take off their dress. The learning of these spells led to more humourous situations than ecchi situations.

The reviewer states learning spells leads to ecchi situations a lot of the time, this is wrong. Replacing the word "lot" with "few" would be more accurate. The person is having an emotional outburst and like most people who have emotional outbursts they tend towards hyperbole.

EDIT: That being said it IS a sex game. He just overstates the situation

I personally have no issue with visual novels that exclusively or heavily feature adult content. What I do dislike however is when you have a great storyline that is needlessly interrupted or ruined in order to deliver some sex scene that has no particular purpose in the plot. Littlewitch Romanesque is unusual in the way that while it is an 18+ visual novel, you can spend most of your playtime convinced that it has been written for an all-ages audience. 

Certain character routes, quests and the bonus post-game chapters do contain more erotic content, however even there are still not greatly impaired by the inclusion.This is very fortunate for Jast USA and their Steam Greenlight campaign for the “Editio Regia” edition of Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque, as there are clear moments that could be cut and wouldn’t require too much additional localization to bypass.

http://www.otakustudy.com/visual-novel/2014/12/girlish-grimoire-littlewitch-romanesque-visual-novel-review/

His experience is the same as mine btw, so I have no idea what the whiney fella above was whining about in that whiney article Down linked to :P

A quick question, I know for new game+ your spells carry over for lessons (but not quests), but what about your spirit caps? Do those get reset?

edit: I can now answer my own question: Yes, the spirit caps get reset. I guess that makes spells carrying over largely pointless because you could usually reach the cap for all spirit types each lesson anyways. It might save a dozen or so days, I guess? 

Also, another thing, apparently the game doesn't wait until the end of the third year to branch off into the different endings, that certainly took me by surprise. I got the Aria ending when I was still in month 8 or 9 of year 3. I still had a bunch of quests I was going to do, some of them Aria-specific! I should read an ending guide now, if there is such a thing.

I am currently playing the game blindfolded more or less. The lovely trial and error gamestyle is funny sometimes. But I don't really get how the learning lesson works. I usually do 1 - 2 extra dices, creating a pond and doing the +5 spirits thing. I suck at names, bear with me. It seems random how many spirits you get sometimes. If yo ucast the +5 spirits thing several times do you get more and more every roll? In other words does it stack? (I think so but I am not sure)

I am really enjoying the game. I can say they got a lot of dirty jokes and so. But seriously an anime got way worse ecchi stuff. But they should't remove the stuff. The game isn't complete without it.

Well Mariella is like a dog in heat. But she (several times) and that maid (once) is the only H stuff I seen so far after 60 weeks.

Overall a great game. Buy it. :)

I am currently playing the game blindfolded more or less. The lovely trial and error gamestyle is funny sometimes. But I don't really get how the learning lesson works. I usually do 1 - 2 extra dices, creating a pond and doing the +5 spirits thing. I suck at names, bear with me. It seems random how many spirits you get sometimes. If yo ucast the +5 spirits thing several times do you get more and more every roll? In other words does it stack? (I think so but I am not sure)

I am really enjoying the game. I can say they got a lot of dirty jokes and so. But seriously an anime got way worse ecchi stuff. But they should't remove the stuff. The game isn't complete without it.

Well Mariella is like a dog in heat. But she (several times) and that maid (once) is the only H stuff I seen so far after 60 weeks.

Overall a great game. Buy it. :)

Sounds like we're having a similar experience. My first playthrough is completely blind and I'm taking my sweet time with it.  Not even close to being done. Sounds like you're going for Mariella's ending first too. 

After hearing all these praises, I picked up the game (^///^)~ Indeed, I can see it would be fun to calculate the training days to maximize your gains. I read in a review that someone actually crashed the game because their numbers surpassed what the code expected! However, because the game is easy enough that I can get the endings just by casting Tempero Ignis (or whatever it was called) at the start, I find I have no motivation to dive into it too deeply.

I find I prefer to just the game like a standard VN and enjoy the story. Once you get into a route, the stories are pretty nice. With the daily gags and spell learning events, I actually find that often, I go, yeah, yeah, I really want to get to the part when crap hits the fan :P!

As a quick thing, I also have to confess real quick that I feel pretty uncomfortable with any H scenes involving Aria or Kaya. The game has an impression amount of options, but I do not blame them for not having a choice to turn those particular scenes off. Might be asking for too much.

By the way, I could use help with something:

When I am going for Olga's route, I see some of her routes have ? symbols on the required spells for Kaya. How do I get them? I know with Aria, once I learn enough spells, grandm--onee san will show up to teach me more, but I am not sure for Kaya.

As a quick thing, I also have to confess real quick that I feel pretty uncomfortable with any H scenes involving Aria or Kaya.

Same. I'm always put off when things advance beyond a student/teacher relationship in these kind of games. More so given Aria and Kaya's personality and design.

Same. I'm always put off when things advance beyond a student/teacher relationship in these kind of games. More so given Aria and Kaya's personality and design.

Yeah, for me, I am fine with the student / teacher relationship thing. It is much more the fact that they are children (-u-)... Or are they in fact not and just look the part?