Melancholic/soul-crushing VN's?

ItWillDo

So there are loads of comedy-based VN's which are meant to entertain the player in a positive way, but are there any VN's which are simply out to absolutely destroy you? I've played both Saya no Uta & G-Senjou no Maou on recommendation for this, and though these weren't bad, there was still quite a happy interpretation to it. Considering you guys are probably the absolute experts in the field, are there any VN's you could recommend me for this? 

Thanks in advance.

I haven't read it yet but supposedly Kara no Shoujo is a murder mystery with only bad endings so maybe that'll fit what you're looking for.

Not really, there are good endings though they're all on the bittersweet end.

Anyway if you want utsuge there's this upcoming game (talking about the MG release):

http://vndb.org/v10804

I just finished Tsukihime, and I think that fits exactly what you're looking for. I teared up on every route, and one route in particular had me full-on bawling my eyes out.

Tsukihime.

See, this person has the right idea.

Seriously, I think Tsukihime is what you want to play. I know the art is old and might be off-putting, but trust me, it's worth it. The game is on the border of being a masterpiece in my opinion.

I just finished Tsukihime, and I think that fits exactly what you're looking for. I teared up on every route, and one route in particular had me full-on bawling my eyes out.

See, this person has the right idea.

Seriously, I think Tsukihime is what you want to play. I know the art is old and might be off-putting, but trust me, it's worth it. The game is on the border of being a masterpiece in my opinion.

well tsukihime is getting a remake but god knows when we will be able to play.