Bravely Second Hype

colekitt

So I played bravely default a while ago and it was a really great game. Then I found out about the second one and I got super excited so I asked myself where could I find other excited people to talk about the updates and PVs and now I'm here so any one else excited?

so those new jobs look interesting one looks like it uses guns but from the sounds of it there's only two or three but still its better than none.

it also showed four new characters but from the trailer at the end of the first game we know Tiz is in the game i wonder what they will do. either get rid of tiz or one of the new people.

I'm very excited for Bravely Second.  I hope that Tiz is one of the party members.  The adventure for me doesn't feel complete unless everyone makes it to the end.  My brother was telling me he read that Agnes is now the pope of the crystal orthodoxy and has been kidnapped so perhaps at a point you have rescue her as well. 

The first game feels super unoriginal, the characters are plain ugly, as is everyone's armor and the story seems to be your general run-of-the-mill unlikely hero(es) type.

Seriously thinking about dropping it, especially since the fights are so easy on normal as long as you stay ahead of the curve - on the other hand: not equipping the first two jobs after getting them put me at a severe disadvantage, which shouldn't be happening. So add poorly balanced on top of that.

It really is just one of those off-releases SS seems to produce in between FF games.

I actually enjoyed Bravely Default for the first 20 hours or so. Then I just quit playing it. It wasn't anything great, but it was accessible.Being able to change the difficulty, money gained, xp gained and stuff like that was awesome. It really made it feel like less of a slog to get through. Only reason I stopped was the fact it does get really really repetitive. While most JRPGs are they usually mask it with a good story that isn't constant backtracking. 

The first game feels super unoriginal, the characters are plain ugly, as is everyone's armor and the story seems to be your general run-of-the-mill unlikely hero(es) type.

Seriously thinking about dropping it, especially since the fights are so easy on normal as long as you stay ahead of the curve - on the other hand: not equipping the first two jobs after getting them put me at a severe disadvantage, which shouldn't be happening. So add poorly balanced on top of that.

It really is just one of those off-releases SS seems to produce in between FF games.

• 3 weeks later...

That's actually one reason I'm looking forward to Bravely Second, the chance we'll have a better main heroine than in the first game. Plus I'm hoping Agnes remains "in another castle" for the entirety of the game.

well the new heroine will probably be the one from the teaser when you beat the game, because the trailers show her being used.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well the japan release date has been pushed to april not that anyone cares but there is also a collectors edition for japan so we might get one up in north america. with the release of the last one there was a decent gap so we might not get the game for awhile again not like anyone cares. It contains some pretty cool stuff also there seems to be different pre order bonuses depending on where you get it but those are limited to ingame content. Okay that should be it for now. I'm really excited is anyone else and if this is the first time you`re hearing about the series you should go pick it up.

Okay there will be a lot about updates here just in case someone would like to know about the game (like that would ever happen) and doesn't feel like reading for a hour. 

Jobs

It looks like we are getting a minimum of six but maybe more new jobs. The developers said there will be thirty total jobs the first game having only twenty-four. Most of them have been released but there are some so here is a picture and a tiny summary.

Patissier

0154.jpgThis job will have abilities like Poison, paralysis, silence, charm and making a teammate get attacked more often . It will be probably be best used as support. 

Cat Master 

0231.jpgWith this class you use items that you get of dead enemies to summon cats to do different tasks. that`s pretty much all that is known the class was supposedly too overpowered and needs fixing. 

Tomahawk 

0213.jpgMuch like the valkyrie job the tomahawk can attack multiple enemies at once but has more support abilities.

Astrologer 

0252.jpgUsing moon magic the astrologer gives offense and defense boosts.

Exorcist 

b2nd_02_cs1w1_300x.jpgThis might be on of the coolest editions to the game the exorcist has the ability to turn back time.So fixing health and things like that,

Wizard

b2nd_15_cs1w1_400x240.jpgThis class mostly just give upgrade and effects for other spells so it would be good to have as a secondary.

Guardian This class was just showed to us not to long ago so there isn't much information yet.

Thats it for jobs now for features.

Norende like mini game

Even though Norende is rebuilt (at least for me it is) the game creators want that kind of thing in the game so they used Magnolia`s home town on the moon. It`s probably going to be more or less the same.

Edea

Edea, the character from the last game has been confirmed as playable. I`m not sure how it will work with the so far five confirmed playable characters but maybe we will get the choice of who is in our party. She will also be a main part in the Barter Sub-Scenario.

Barter Sub-Scenario

This new feature will give you some choice in what happens with the sub story. Asterisk holders from the previous game will come to Edea in groups fighting. First you will listen to their stories then pick one to side with.You'll have to fight the person who you didn't side with but you won't get the asterisk of the one you did. This will also give you more information on the one you did side with. This might give you a reason to use the new game plus feature.

Consecutive Chance

this neat and will make farming weak enemies a lot faster. Whenever you take out all enemies in one turn this will allow you to fight another group of enemies with a 1.5 exp boost and if you manage a one turn K.O again it goes to 1.8 and so on.

Character sets

From the looks of it you can now save sets for you party so different jobs with skills and all that. This will make it easier on you if you like being prepared for lots of situations.

Okay well that`s pretty much it for now no real release date for outside japan so until next time also sorry about all the spelling mistakes it`s almost six am now so I'm slightly tired

• 1 month later...

Come on everyone look at all this hard work come and talk oh well.

To start the updates the sub title of the game has been released it's going to be end layer.

Next this is a video of the game developers talking about the new features that were announced, unfortunately it's in Japanese so there's not much we can gain from watching it but at 11:50 it shows some of the jobs the order is Tomahawk, Patissier, Exorcist, Guardian, Astrologian, Cat Master, Thief, Red Mage, Merchant, White Mage, Black Mage, Ranger, Valkyrie, Time Mage, and Performer. the last ones aren't new it's just to show off the outfits on the new characters. That's pretty much it for new stuff but hopefully someone else will post here in the next millennium or so. 

That's actually one reason I'm looking forward to Bravely Second, the chance we'll have a better main heroine than in the first game. Plus I'm hoping Agnes remains "in another castle" for the entirety of the game.

Putting down Agnes? Unacceptable.

Come on everyone look at all this hard work come and talk oh well.

To start the updates the sub title of the game has been released it's going to be end layer.

Next this is a video of the game developers talking about the new features that were announced, unfortunately it's in Japanese so there's not much we can gain from watching it but at 11:50 it shows some of the jobs the order is Tomahawk, Patissier, Exorcist, Guardian, Astrologian, Cat Master, Thief, Red Mage, Merchant, White Mage, Black Mage, Ranger, Valkyrie, Time Mage, and Performer. the last ones aren't new it's just to show off the outfits on the new characters. That's pretty much it for new stuff but hopefully someone else will post here in the next millennium or so. 

Thanks for keeping the hype train alive, colekitt :). I'm looking forward to this one as well, but since there's no NA release date so far, it's not easy for me to get all that psyched up about it just yet. I'll be right there with you on the preorder line once it's headed here, though, you can bet.

Hmm you know what i just realized, now that I'm replaying it i noticed that the first Final Fantasy and Bravely Default have very similar starts. I always thought it was the spiritual successor to the series but i didn't know it had more in common than the battle style.Anyway there was a new trailer, but lets all take it easy don't want to overload youtube when all of you watch it. so one at a time.

• 1 year later...
On 22/03/2015 at 9:58 AM, colekitt said:

Hmm you know what i just realized, now that I'm replaying it i noticed that the first Final Fantasy and Bravely Default have very similar starts. I always thought it was the spiritual successor to the series but i didn't know it had more in common than the battle style.Anyway there was a new trailer, but lets all take it easy don't want to overload youtube when all of you watch it. so one at a time.

Hidden Content

I already thought that from the first game. Alternis's armour  made me think of FF's first few instalments and the way characters are evenly divided n such but what can you expect   from Square enix? It has to be similar  to FF. I kept thinking  i'll see a moogle soon or a chocobo. Which makes me wonder , why didnt Bravely default have a mascot  of sorts or some mystical animals that would make it charming to see again? Would have been a good idea.