Sekien no Ignanock/Shikkoku no Sharnoth?

Zodai

So, I've had Shikkoku downloaded for quite a long time now, though it's currently sitting in the backlog as I've yet to open it.

I came across a youtube comment today claiming Sekien was in the same series as it, and I'm wondering if playing Sekien is required to understand Shikkoku.  I'd also like more information on the relation between the two, if possible.

Sekien and Shikkoku are both part of the "What a Beautiful-series", but so far these are the only translated ones. Like people already said there are some references but you don't need Sekien to understand Shikkoku, so if you're only interested in Shikkoku you can read it without any problems. 

However if you want to read them both anyway, I'd suggest you just start with Sekien. It's considered the best of those 2 by most people and I personally think its a better introduction to the style in this series. Also both VNs are full with references to a lot of well-known literature. Differences: while Sekien is more focused on fictional beings in a fictional place, Shikkoku focuses on fictional happenings in an existing place. It's really worth playing them both!  ^_^