Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

I almost FC'd that song first try when it first came out, but every single try since just got worse and worse, and now, even though it's far within my skill range I just can't do it :amane:  past week or so my wrist has been not doing the best again so been on a slight break.

Weird, shows up fine for me. I replaced it now though, should work now.

And this was the first time in a while I felt like I genuinely improved at osu. Sure it's not even OD 5 but to me this used to be incredibly fast and I couldn't keep up with the jumps, but now it feels amazing to play it and I can actually follow stuff, even if accuracy isn't up there.

bbiunUH.jpg

FYI, Overall difficulty =/= Star difficulty. That song has a star difficulty of 4.78 while it has an OD of 8. Overall difficulty is how much HP drain there is, the pickiness of the sliders, and how large the window timing is. Star difficulty is what osu rates the actual difficulty of playing the map. I personally don't look at the OD of maps regularly, I just look at the star and the AR (I struggle to read anything below 8.8 and above 9.5)

40 minutes ago, Ceris said:

FYI, Overall difficulty =/= Star difficulty. That song has a star difficulty of 4.78 while it has an OD of 8. Overall difficulty is how much HP drain there is, the pickiness of the sliders, and how large the window timing is. Star difficulty is what osu rates the actual difficulty of playing the map. I personally don't look at the OD of maps regularly, I just look at the star and the AR (I struggle to read anything below 8.8 and above 9.5)

Been away from osu for far too long... :vinty:

But yeah what I meant to say is that the star difficulty isn't even 5 but to me it posed a lot of problems due to the speed.
I'm just trying to get to a point where I can intuitively play these maps without my hands constantly shaking, and I found that as long as I manage to stay calm and not press down on the mouse too much, it really puts me at ease  and I can do bigger jumps.

And holy shit. I might have broken the combo on sliders twice, but not missing a circle with this acc feels so good.

iwR3y2I.jpg

And then there's bullshit like this :sachi:

GNEzosW.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats :wafuu: 

I've been in another slump lately, aim is off, accuracy is meh, energy just isn't there. I love osu, but in all games I play, there's always just random periods of time where I just plainly suck at certain games I play :amane: 

Random fun piece: ot4NC.png

The profile announcement thing stops at 1000 lol, one of my typical 1miss runs though :amane: 

Yeah I was in a slump the last couple days as well, there's just some moments where you want to quit playing altogether.

Also I tried playing in fullscreen today and maybe I'm crazy but it felt somewhat easier to aim. I can't explain why, maybe it's because the circles got bigger, but it felt like my movement was more natural.

I usually never play like this but considering how much better I performed I might just stick with it in the future. The only annoying part is that I have to exist fullscreen to download beatmaps (guess that's when osu! direct comes in handy huh)

I only have 136x768 monitor, so I've always used fullscreen for the time I played on my laptop. I did play windowed on my desktop just because the 19inch monitor was too large for how close I sit to my monitor normally, so it wasn't that hard of a transition from my desktop to my laptop since the game resolution matched my laptop's fullscreen res. Also, I play on tablet, so the areas matched rather well too. I use a medium sized tablet area

mA1mbKb.png

I haven't changed it in over a year, so you'd think my reflexes would be used to it, but I'll have some days where it's completely natural, then most other days I just can't aim worth shit. No matter how many hours I put into playing song, I just can't get comfortable 100% of the time.

Wow that tangent happened fast.

Ah, well that's my situation as well, I have a 720p monitor and play on a laptop and I always used windowed mode, but now that I've switched to fullscreen there's quite a noticeable difference in how easy it is to aim. 

I play with mouse because a tablet is too expensive, but I'm okay with that for the time being.

I still ponder whether or not I should buy a tablet, but becaue it'd only be for osu I just can't invest that much money.
I'd actually rather buy a mechanical keyboard than a tablet at the moment because playing on the laptop keyboard is kind of annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember back in ppv1 where people didn't have that much respect for pp as the calculation algorithm wasn't that good. There was a different site, osu!tp, which used algorithms to analyze each map's difficulty rather than a statistical approach and give scores based on that (the tp dev is now on official osu staff). Anyway tp only ever checked top50 scores, so you'd 3mod normals if you were a scrub and wanted to get some scores up lol. Got a decent few top50 scores that way, such nostalgia~

That said, this was probably a bit harder than those.

ceC4UAF.jpg

#21 :P

Question for mouse users: I recently saw osu has a raw input option that bypasses all other mouse acceleration settings, thus increasing accuracy. Not sure if it's because I'm running the beta or it was always there and I never noticed it, but I wanted to ask is it better to use raw input?

I've always been using Windows acceleration alone (cursor precision off, of course) and it's worked out fine thus far. I tried using raw input a little bit and the cursor movement got noticeably faster, not insanely faster but enough to feel slippery, the same feeling you get when you increase your DPI.

Just wanted to know people's opinions.

I'm using raw input, but I'm not sure if a lot changed when I started doing it. I'm using an optical mouse with an accurate sensor and all that jazz (the Mionix Avior 7000), not sure if that would change things (and yes, obv windows mouse accel is off).

4 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Question for mouse users: I recently saw osu has a raw input option that bypasses all other mouse acceleration settings, thus increasing accuracy. Not sure if it's because I'm running the beta or it was always there and I never noticed it, but I wanted to ask is it better to use raw input?

I've always been using Windows acceleration alone (cursor precision off, of course) and it's worked out fine thus far. I tried using raw input a little bit and the cursor movement got noticeably faster, not insanely faster but enough to feel slippery, the same feeling you get when you increase your DPI.

Just wanted to know people's opinions.

I think it falls under the same debate "what is the best tablet area", some say larger areas are better in the long run, some say smaller, some say whatever feels best for you and what you can get used to. 

As for a video I watched, it suggested heavily to remove cursor acceleration, but the pain of relearning muscle memory will be the initial problem. I tried relearning tablet areas before, not fun. 

Yeah that's kind of my fear, I'm used to this speed and can play decently with it, but if I changed it I'd have to spend a good few weeks relearning all the muscle memory.

However I don't know if this current method I'm using is limiting my capacity in some way or not.

Well, I have gone ahead and tried to switch to raw input.

As expected, my mouse now feels slippery as fuck (and as usual when you change DPI settings, going back now feels wrong as well), but I do notice it feels easier to do larger jumps. I can't explain how it helps, but it just feels like my hand moves to where I want it do be when there's larger jump, perhaps because I don't need to move my arm as much.

Hopefully I can work it out.

• 2 weeks later...