Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

I'm a scrub, but that makes perfect sense to me. A huge piece of advice people give is "it's a rhythm game, play to the rhythm, not sight". Doing that will have you tapping to the rhythm and not watching approach circles, hence better sense of music in a music game, and better accuracy.

I'm just repeating: "Accuracy and Reading due to the low AR, making you not be able to tell when to hit stuff based on the aproach circle, also high circle density. OD10 to REALLY make you LISTEN to the song" that is the important bit I got out of the advice.

Guest -Shizuku-

Bullshit, most of accuracy comes from reading - WWW with music 99%+ WWW without music 99%+, me with music 98,5% - 99%+ no music around 99%, reading + finger control and nothing else, people who think it needs rhythmic skill are weird >__<

Bullshit, most of accuracy comes from reading - WWW with music 99%+ WWW without music 99%+, me with music 98,5% - 99%+ no music around 99%, reading + finger control and nothing else, people who think it needs rhythmic skill are weird >__<

And then other like (formerly good acc player) thelewa would completely argue against you and tell you to pay attention to music

So I guess this is just a dual sided debate among players :sachi:

And my advice is to try everything and see what works for you. The music part is probably subjective, but improving your reading capabilities is important to keeping up acc and consistency.

I've been playing EZ up till now, but I've never heard of Map Settings Customizer. Shizu, is that what you've been using to edit your maps for higher CS? I tried changing my settings through the editor, but I wouldn't bother doing it for all my practice maps since it was too much work. I might try it now though.

Guest -Shizuku-

Actually lewa played some of maps with totally misstimed songs and also without sound - like hanzer Miss you or Insane techniques and still did 99%+... if you are rhythmic god you still need awesome control to get SS's on maps, if your reading is even a bit unpolished you wont get good acc even with good rhythm skill, if your finger control is bad - same. Before you start taking care of "rhythm" aspect of this game be sure you can stream at least 20 notes well. (Btw. if song has no rhythm changes then after hitting first notes on 300 you should get SS and if you don't = bad finger control )

• 2 weeks later...

With regards to the reading vs rhythmic sense debate:

I'm on the reading side of things. Having good rhythmic sense is only helpful if the quality of the map is high. Learning to read notes on the other hand, is good universally regardless of map quality. Since I haven't played Osu in a long time until recently, I might just be talking out of my ass but I'm pretty sure the general map quality hasn't suddenly gone up.

• 3 weeks later...

Incoming copious new users to the game by youtube's most popular gaming channel, PewDiePie. I heard he has more views on the video than there are players on osu... not sure whether or not that's accurate, but one things for sure, this will impact the game and the support it gets. Do you guys think this change was for better or worse?

Chat was freaking out about it, users panicking and saying "osu is ruined", banchobot's activity spike, PewDiePie's face on the website... oh my, this is quite something. 

Incoming copious new users to the game by youtube's most popular gaming channel, PewDiePie. I heard he has more views on the video than there are players on osu... not sure whether or not that's accurate, but one things for sure, this will impact the game and the support it gets. Do you guys think this change was for better or worse?

Chat was freaking out about it, users panicking and saying "osu is ruined", banchobot's activity spike, PewDiePie's face on the website... oh my, this is quite something. 

According to the statistic on the homepage, that is not true. He has 1.6 million views, osu has 7 million users.

Now if you were to say that he has more views than the highest total number of users online at the same time, thats definitely true. In the last 24 hours, the highest total number of users online at the same time was 14k.

That video has changed litteraly nothing.

The osu! community is globaly pretty retarded anyway. Making baseless assumptions.

I wonder when then community suddenly had a flow of professionnal analysts in sociology ? Oh wait, never.

If anything it'll bring new players that may not stick for that long. So there's no problem. I just see a bunch of internet weebs losing their shit cause the only game they suck a bit less at gets minimal attention (5 min video with shit gameplay).

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It took me over 10 months to get 100 PP, but I finally broke the 2000pp mark. 

Spoiler is old screenshot showing my PP as of February 18th 2014!

wF6rtvr.jpg

qHC82Ic.jpg

NcGzIas.jpg

I never thought I'd actually make it to 2000, it was my goal for the past like 6 months, ever since I got back into the game I've been trying to get back to where I was 2 years ago. 

Also, 2016 PP for 2016!!!

Edited by Ceris

Congratulations, Ceris! I knew you could do it one day. :D
I agree with maef. I feel that a lot of my bad habits have been resolved when I stopped retrying maps so much and started lowering map AR to 8. It sort of forces you to play more efficiently and your shit-miss rate will go down.

Just throwing this out there, but I won't be playing for a little while. I got around to sending in my mouse for a warranty replacement and I'm having to use my generic backup mouse. I could play on it if I wanted, but it's really small and only goes to 800 dpi... Soon. Also, I plan on getting a tablet as soon as I can afford one. I have ambitious goals that I think would be better met with a tablet than a mouse (like FC'ing Tengaku https://osu.ppy.sh/b/816327)

Still waiting for my replacement to get here. It's the holidays, so I guess the slowness is to be expected. :( But hopefully soon I'll get back into playing Osu again.

Anyways, I've been following the progress on the Tengaku map and read one of _index's comments here. https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4781263

I know it's common knowledge by now, but it's still depressing to see how the ranking process works nowadays. At least the mapper is cool enough to keep the superior unrankable version along with the ranked one.

Why does a map have to be less fun to get ranked? D: