Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

A song that is mapped on a random almost inaudible and unregular ryhthm with random triples and circles that you have to hit where there is nothing that can justify is - yes it is - shit.

Many brag about the 'mapping style' because they like to hide their shit behind "innovative mapping". But as jesse says, "if it plays like shit, then it's shit".

Read harder, mate. I've gotten a 986 combo on a map like that. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/315115 Yeah, it's hard to play, but practice helpsm6C9ey2.png

This map isn't even close to being a shitmap (I could probably SS it if I wanted to, but I don't really want to put in more than 1 try). The only problem you might have is that it mixes both vocals and instrumentals, so it feels unnatural to play for newer players.

The maps people generally call shitmaps are maps like these: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/210316

fanzhen has his own unique map style, and it throws a lot of people off.

fanzhen's style isn't even that bad. I can't play Hollow Wings maps at all, but a lot of pros seem to enjoy them. This got unranked and unlisted lol: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/433005

As long as the map follows the beat and that the song isn't modified by the mapping, then you have liberty.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/542336

This for example is borderline. Not that hard to pass. But that mapper placed many notes based on unexistant rythm.

So many unjustified notes.

Ok it's a reading challenge, but man is it bad. No idea how that god ranked.

Small slidders instead of single notes, quick back and forth slidders out of nowhere.

I have no idea what this gy smoke, but it must have been some strong weed.

@maefdomn Okay so the Extreme difficulty does have a ton of small sliders and other things. Is it necessary? Probably not. But I feel like it isn't off with the rhythm, the sliders are there as placeholders for 16th notes, they usually don't end up getting mapped most of the time so you think it feels "unjustified".

The other difficulties don't even have as many sliders as the extreme difficulty, but it still is tricky to play.

I usually take a look at the "user rating" too. That map is rated extremely positive, so they must be doing something right. While that "something right" might be not for you, its still playable for a majority of players who have passed that map.

Well inthe end it's my opinion, but if a mapper maps something that isn't related to the song, and that even with auto isn't justified, then it's a bad map.

The map serves the song, not the opposite.

And every mapper that invents 1/4 or 1/3 beats in order to add difficulty or short slidders so that it's harder to fc due to slidder breaks is a mapper that should not map said song.

I'm playing a music game first. So music's ryhthm is the priority for me, second is the beatmap's priority.

Edit : Pass

ANia5OF.jpg

Guest -Shizuku-

Ehhh, those kind of discussions - 1st of all, you can't judge map you can't play and B my friends does NOT mean you can play this - that means you either way have not developed reading or you can't follow up speed/rhythm of map yet. What many players can't do is listening to different tones while maintaining reading and this is song what I find most important to play gimmick maps/patterns. Dopamine is utterly hated by many players yet I can pass it everytime but only a B - that means I lack the skill that this map is requiring. I can't call it shit map because I can't play it well enough to rate it. 

f6fe8eec39.jpg

Thank you Shizuku, that's what I've been trying to say this whole time. If you don't have the technical skill to play a map, you can't just immediately call it a shitmap just cause you can't play it.

Also, that's quite an impressive Pluto play, I assume you're in the top 1K rankings?

Guest -Shizuku-

I am top 230 : > That's quite usual score for me - I keep ranking up when I feel like, otherwise I just play unrank and Hard + DT owo

Btw RIP my Cheatreal 2x100 score... I will miss it.

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1619162 - feel free to add me, just message me in-game that you did so I can add you back.

BqAdMbSCEAAKlqg.jpg

I assume you're using a mouse. Have you tried spinning counter clockwise? Have you tried making tighter circles?

I do spin counter clockwise, but it looks like I need to work on the motion of tighter circles. I tend to start making big ovals, and that just messes it all up.