Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

My advice : Playing mephisto until you can S the stream part is a good start. You learn to stream 160 bpm consistently.

Add me too guys : Maefok

Also, it would be cool if a mod could update the OP with the new members.

You would have to ask a GM, since BMs can't edit posts -.-

Anyone with global mod powers. Though, if you make a list of who to add, and who I should remove, I can merge the post into the OP which gives me the ability to edit the OP. Loopholes ftw!

Yeah, I have a job to do ! I love work ! Doing that now ! yay !

Uhh so.. I don't have a picture or a video, but rather, a replay to showcase what I feel is an achievement in my current standing of osu! skill. In this play I use NoFail, because it's the mod of absolute comfort. In general I still suck at playing (why I'm even using that mod in the first place), however this particular play of one particular La Cataline map after having been terribly caffeinated with a spoonful of lemon was just too good (in my perception) to once again pass up an opportunity to post here about my osu! playing. I really need to break lurking habits...

http://puu.sh/groDt/536e69c514.osr

Got too shaky at the end from anxiety attack. Osu! does things to people...

Uhh so.. I don't have a picture or a video, but rather, a replay to showcase what I feel is an achievement in my current standing of osu! skill. In this play I use NoFail, because it's the mod of absolute comfort. In general I still suck at playing (why I'm even using that mod in the first place), however this particular play of one particular La Cataline map after having been terribly caffeinated with a spoonful of lemon was just too good (in my perception) to once again pass up an opportunity to post here about my osu! playing. I really need to break lurking habits...

http://puu.sh/groDt/536e69c514.osr

Got too shaky at the end from anxiety attack. Osu! does things to people...

Still a nice combo. That map gives me a hard time too, but I haven't played it at all recently.

Edit: Well, I beat your HDHRNF score, but I couldn't beat your nomod score. I almost did once, but I failed. ;_;

Also, I just started doing AR8 DT. Kinda challenging, but I'm getting the hang of it.

New top performance today. ^^ It was kinda hard to keep combo on it, but surprisingly easy to acc.

af77d78296.png

^ No, some maps are shit, you just haven't played them.

Actually I have played them. I have a friend who pretty much only plays those types of maps. While I am really impressed at his stream speed and AR 10 reads, his accuracy has suffered because of it.

His profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/ranguesy

Meanwhile, I tend to stick towards my type of maps, not really pushing boundaries but just removing errors in my plays, I'm more consistent with AR 9 and accuracy. While I could not reasonably do well on the 6-7 stars that he plays, I would think all the maps are shit, even though it's certainly still playable with practice.

My profile for comparison: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/alphacake

I think there's a difference between shit map, and challenging, 3000 bpm mash mah buhtons maps.

For instance SHITMAP

Again, this is my friend who overstreams 270 bpm.

Just looked at your map. This is nothing compared to the "shitmaps" he made me play in multi.

It even got pass ranked standards. Almost all the maps he plays don't even follow standard ranked requirements. That map is just basic ~220 single tapping. If you can tap fast (It's not even that fast for some people, but that's about my single tap limit), that map is incredibly easy.

And I'm saying that they're not shit, you just don't like the mapping style.

Some people call DJPop, HanzeR, or fanzhen0019 maps "shitmaps" because they don't use conventional mapping styles that we see today and can't read them properly. Some higher ranked players like playing those types of maps because they're more "fun" to play, even though they are a lot harder to play and read on a technical level.

To give an another example, would you call The Big Black or Scarlet Rose "shitmaps"?

GI4VNgp.png?1

More and more "shitmaps" are getting ranked in 2015.

I like Doomsday's view on mapping. As long as he can make sense of the map and it's timed correctly, he enjoys it. I tend to think the same way, except for most oldschool maps. Now while his new maps are much better in comparison, DJPop's oldschool maps are amongst the few that I enjoy.

I don't think it should matter whether a mapping style isn't used in this day and age anymore, because even outdated styles can still be a lot of fun to play. I remember Ceris mentioning how Shinxyn uses a style that isn't popular anymore, and I could frankly care less because I love playing his maps.

Imo, wcx19911123's beatmap for the Brynhildr OP was not bad at all. It's pretty challenging on all diffs and the song is nice. Try to take into account that the experience of mapping and playing maps is subjective. We all use a different playstyle, we can practice the game differently, and we react to certain mapping patterns differently. For example, even though it does come with a higher error rate, I've found that using 2000 DPI helps me keep better control of my mouse for certain mapping styles. It's not very hard to hit long streams using Peachick's keyclick style, but it's hard to keep accuracy and even more difficult to play spread streams. My experience with stream maps may differ from others because I don't practice streaming as much as I should. I tend to focus more on fast single tap and aim maps. From what I've heard from those that have used tablets, it's easier to move at a faster rate while maintaining precision, but requires more time into playstyle mastery in order to keep control (WWW and rrtyui seem to excel in this regard). With that lack of control, it's easier to nitpick maps for doing unusual things that can possibly break your control. The same logic can also apply to mouse players that use lower DPI. And that's another thing I noticed with Doomsday, because he plays mouse at a high level with 1650 DPI, he's able to achieve things on complicated beatmaps that most tablet users would not be able to. With all that in mind, it's damn near impossible to make a map that everyone will agree with, but as long as there's at least one honest and positive opinion on the map, I would not consider it a shitmap at all. There's no need to make objective claims on mapping when they're meant to be enjoyed subjectively.