Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

10 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

This is the best acc I've ever had on a long map.

Edit: Oh damn. Didn't know I was close to 1k posts. :michiru:

Completely off topic, but that Setsuna Trip avatar, I actually started listening to a lot of GUMI recently. Well, not a lot, mostly the same 5-6ish love songs that are highly viewed for her on Youtube. Absolutely love her songs that I heard. 

I guess on topic

I swore this song was on osu but every derivative of that song name I searched I couldn't find it. 

15 minutes ago, Ceris said:

Completely off topic, but that Setsuna Trip avatar, I actually started listening to a lot of GUMI recently. Well, not a lot, mostly the same 5-6ish love songs that are highly viewed for her on Youtube. Absolutely love her songs that I heard. 

I guess on topic

I swore this song was on osu but every derivative of that song name I searched I couldn't find it. 

Yeah, it was after I played Setsuna Trip that I started listening to her songs more. I mean, I've always thought her songs were cool, but it wasn't until recently that I started really getting into them.

Edit: Found a beatmap for the song. It's not too bad.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/710079

Hey, guys. I have a bit of an announcement to make. Not sure if anyone else has seen Clephas' blog post regarding video games and addiction, but it's gotten me to think about a few things regarding my gaming habits.

After mulling it over, I'm really not as happy playing this game as I thought I was. I don't get the same kind of excitement playing osu as I did when I first started, and now it seems my only reason for playing anymore is to get better. Most maps aren't that fun for me to play anymore, and there are too few enjoyable maps in between for me to be satisfied overall. I also think that the ladder anxiety I get from trying to FC maps is a little too much to bare and not very good for my anxiety disorder.

So that's it. I've uninstalled the game and deleted all my beatmaps, so I doubt I'll be tempted to start it back up again. It's been fun, it really has! Best of luck to everyone who continues to play this game. ^_^

That's really sad to hear :(

I'm probably in the state of "addicted to osu", but I don't care. While  I do try to put a lot of emphasis on getting better, I want to get better because I genuinely enjoy osu as a game, just as a competitive one. I love music. I spent my childhood not listening to much music, and not until middle school did I start listening to anything once internet became part of my every day life. My music library has never been the most impressive in size, and only listened to random stuff my friends listened to, but I always loved just listening to stuff, so I didn't care.

And then osu came along. osu completely changed my music library from just a few rock bands I listened to, to a large variety of music.It was the sort of shifting point (even though it's soo weeb like) to me primarily listening to Japanese music, which I personally don't regret. And at the same time, I can enjoy the game BECAUSE I can play along to my favorite songs. In fact, some of my favorite songs are BECAUSE I played them on osu so much. I didn't play them to go up a leaderboard, and there weren't songs I played for pp and hated (I really refuse to play shit I don't like). osu made me discovery utaite, which made me go listen to more of them outside of osu, and in turn made me come back to osu just to play the game with songs I liked. 

While I do get unreasonably angry at the game when I play badly, other times I'll just not care and keep playing, because I personally do actually enjoy the game. I've played osu for 3 years, and don't regret any of it. There's actually so many times I've said out loud to my friend over chat "I'm fine with xxx being my highest PP score, I love this song!" And then usually end up choking, but it's just the way I think. I like this song, and I like my highest PP scores being songs I like. Hell, nearly every song on the first page of performances is songs I like (I can see maybe 1-2 glancing through that are songs I find meh)

Without osu, I would have never discovered these songs. The third song, I play an unranked version all the time because it's fun, and not even to get better or for ranking purpose. 

2 hours ago, Ceris said:

Without osu, I would have never discovered these songs. The third song, I play an unranked version all the time because it's fun, and not even to get better or for ranking purpose.

That's probably the issue I have with the game now. I can't ever play without a strong desire to get better, and what comes with that is detrimental to my enjoyment. I don't ever think about how much I enjoy a beatmap, I'm just concerned about how I am with improvement. It's become something of an obsession with me, and it's depressing as hell. But that's just me. I can't ever play this game with the mindset I need to enjoy it like you can, so I have to drop it. But it's not often that a game keeps me around for longer than a year, so it was definitely a good ride while it lasted. :)

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, Ceris said:

I'm still just a casual back at like 2.5k PP because I never get better at osu no matter how much I play.

Better than what I'm doing~. Finally getting my surgery after all this time, although I'm still very hesitant to play this game again. I might consider it once my hand is better and I get a more ergonomic desk and chair setup.

And grats, maef! :)

• 5 months later...

1.6K PP player here. Fairly recently I got into 5 star territory. I'm in sort of an awkward spot where I can't get any good 5 star plays but none of my 4 star plays are getting me anything at all. I'm just kinda existing. I suppose that happens in every jump between star difficulties but for whatever reason it's bugging me now.

• 1 month later...

I find it hard to enjoy multiplayer in this game anymore. It feels like it's changed into a PP grind with songs at AR9.5 or higher. Funny thing is though you make these guys play an AR8 song and they fail hard. Not to mention I feel like no one likes playing anime songs anymore. It's turned into electronic type stuff.

9 hours ago, Codesterz said:

I find it hard to enjoy multiplayer in this game anymore. It feels like it's changed into a PP grind with songs at AR9.5 or higher. Funny thing is though you make these guys play an AR8 song and they fail hard. Not to mention I feel like no one likes playing anime songs anymore. It's turned into electronic type stuff.

When I was playing, I usually just joined multi with friends. Public rooms are usually cancer.

I've never even bothered playing multi public. As for the AR comment, it's not like being able to read AR8 makes you a better player, it's just something that needs practice, and you can be a good player without being able to read <AR9 since 99% of difficult maps that come out today are AR9 or higher. Sure, learning lower AR can make you a more versatile player, but it isn't required.

My experience with multi games like 8 months ago what that people tended to spam difficult weird stuff, not pp stuff, so idk what changed tbh lol

Also reading AR8 obviously makes you a better player... if you consider AR8 a skill. Considering OWC had ar8 parts it seems weird to me to exclude it from the skillset. I would agree that you can still be a good player without it though, focus on what you want really ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wasn't that Dragonforce map as a tie breaker controversial anyway? Because it's something only a smaller number of players actually practice because again, AR8 isn't something that's commonly used.

But what do I know, I'm trash at the game anyway and can't read AR under 9 or above 9.6 myself :wafuu:

Edited by Ceris

I guess I still play around the high 4 star, low 5 star range, but I don't think AR 8 is that hard to read. Maybe it's a bigger problem later on when you get to higher 5 star and beyond but I haven't gotten there yet. What I do have trouble with though is >AR 9. I just don't have the instant reaction time needed to play consistently at that speed.

16 hours ago, tahu157 said:

I guess I still play around the high 4 star, low 5 star range, but I don't think AR 8 is that hard to read. Maybe it's a bigger problem later on when you get to higher 5 star and beyond but I haven't gotten there yet. What I do have trouble with though is >AR 9. I just don't have the instant reaction time needed to play consistently at that speed.

There's really no need to go higher until you can play a ranked map with no-mod AR10.

• 3 months later...

Hmm, I'm tempted to post stuff in this thread. I play Osu, in a sense, but I play with the "Opsu" client, which is pretty much just an open source osu client. It doesn't do things like ranked mode or multiplayer, though, it just let's you play osu beatmaps in singleplayer. What you would expect to work, such as score and mods, do work and there do not appear to be any real bugs, but its an unofficial client, hence it can't do anything that requires connection to the official servers and such. Beyond benefits like being cross-platform, it also avoids the stress of comparing your performance to other, better players, and stuff like that, which is part of why I play using it.

Time will tell if I actually decide to post my scores, though. :P

4 hours ago, Odenvard said:

Hmm, I'm tempted to post stuff in this thread. I play Osu, in a sense, but I play with the "Opsu" client, which is pretty much just an open source osu client. It doesn't do things like ranked mode or multiplayer, though, it just let's you play osu beatmaps in singleplayer. What you would expect to work, such as score and mods, do work and there do not appear to be any real bugs, but its an unofficial client, hence it can't do anything that requires connection to the official servers and such. Beyond benefits like being cross-platform, it also avoids the stress of comparing your performance to other, better players, and stuff like that, which is part of why I play using it.

Time will tell if I actually decide to post my scores, though. :P

Is there any benefit to using that over the main client? Well, besides cheesing it on your playcount, that is. :P

7 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Is there any benefit to using that over the main client? Well, besides cheesing it on your playcount, that is. :P

Well, there's the fact I'm using linux, so it serves as a "native" client, where as I would have to run the official client in wine to run it. "Opsu" is written in java, although implementation of the sound system seems to be per platform, so I don't know what the full list of operating systems it can run on is.

Alright, so I got a pretty good score on beatmap I previously struggled with pretty hard. Its a normal difficulty map, and technically on the lower end of that, at least star-wise, but considering that, when I first started playing osu, I got stuck below the skill level needed for most easy maps, it at least seems impressive for a zero talent player. :P

This post conveniently serves as a test to make sure I can actually put up images as well.

Spoiler

screenshot.png