Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

Oh by the way I figured a compromise for my mouse settings that seems to finally have worked for me. :D

When I was using raw input with 1500 DPI, things started feeling too slippery. Yes, I could move faster, but aiming properly was a big issue as even the slightest shake could be detected, and so instead of disabling raw input I've managed to go by with just decreasing the in-game sensitivity to 0.75x instead of 1.0x, giving my an absolute DPI of about 1125 andĀ it's MUCH more manageable now (and it's how I did the score above, which despite the single missĀ was a pretty darn good play).

On 5/13/2016 at 7:22 PM, Nosebleed said:

Oh by the way I figured a compromise for my mouse settings that seems to finally have worked for me. :D

When I was using raw input with 1500 DPI, things started feeling too slippery. Yes, I could move faster, but aiming properly was a big issue as even the slightest shake could be detected, and so instead of disabling raw input I've managed to go by with just decreasing the in-game sensitivity to 0.75x instead of 1.0x, giving my an absolute DPI of about 1125 andĀ it's MUCH more manageable now (and it's how I did the score above, which despite the single missĀ was a pretty darn good play).

Have you tried lowering your DPI through software rather than through the client? I only tried boosting through the game client for a little while, but it felt kinda off to me.

Edit: Also, welcome back to Osu! My left hand is still fucked, so I'm gonna have to see my doctor about it. Trying to get better with pure mouse to see how that goes.

9 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Have you tried lowering your DPI through software rather than through the client? I only tried boosting through the game client for a little while, but it felt kinda off to me.

Edit: Also, welcome back to Osu! My left hand is still fucked, so I'm gonna have to see my doctor about it. Trying to get better with pure mouse to see how that goes.

Well, initially I had attempted to do that, but the software thatĀ came with my mouse somehow doesn't detect it, so that wasĀ a bust.

Not sure if there's 3rd party programs that will change your DPI.

17 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Well, initially I had attempted to do that, but the software thatĀ came with my mouse somehow doesn't detect it, so that wasĀ a bust.

Not sure if there's 3rd party programs that will change your DPI.

Usually you have to download it from the manufacturer's website. What mouse are you using?

55 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Usually you have to download it from the manufacturer's website. What mouse are you using?

I did download it from the manufacturer website that was on the manual and installed it, but then when I ran it it saidĀ no mouse was detected, so I really can't do much.

I'm using a mouse that's produced in Portugal, they don't even have a website (the website is the retailer's website, basically), so there's not much you could do to help in this situation.

Ā 

I get so depressed looking at my rank. :( Oh well... Hopefully one day everything will pay off.

69498416941694169.png

On 5/16/2016 at 4:33 PM, Nosebleed said:

I did download it from the manufacturer website that was on the manual and installed it, but then when I ran it it saidĀ no mouse was detected, so I really can't do much.

I'm using a mouse that's produced in Portugal, they don't even have a website (the website is the retailer's website, basically), so there's not much you could do to help in this situation.

Ā 

Have you tried calling customer service?

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I get so depressed looking at my rank. :( Oh well... Hopefully one day everything will pay off.

I feel like that every day. I generally have 2-3x more plays than any of my friends that are higher rank than me. It just feels like no matter how much I play, my progress is just a snails pace if at all.Ā 

Just now, Ceris said:

I feel like that every day. I generally have 2-3x more plays than any of my friends that play. It just feels like no matter how much I play, my progress is just a snails pace if at all.Ā 

I noticed I've been improving more consistently since I started using NF and stopped retrying so much. Although my hand injury has been keeping me back quite a bit.

Speaking of that, my hand's better now! ^^ I'm still gonna take it slow for a while just to be safe, but looks like I won't have to settle for pure mouse anymore.

I just search "star>5.0", hit random, and play whatever I feel like, Not caring about the difficulty (unless it goes above 5.6, then it's just too hard.) Ā I end up clearing a lot of 5.3-5.4 songs easily but I'll never ever FC anything because my consistency is just too trash. I'll miss some easier stuff but hit the cross screen jumps :amane:

Speaking of hands, my left hand has been cramping up for some reason while playing, don't really know why. Doesn't even have to be hard stuff, it will cramp for what feels like no reason.Ā 

Ā 

So today I log on and for some reason I just started playing really well and I PASSED MY FIRST 5 STAR MAP!

Not only that, I managed to FINALLY FC this beatmap that has tormented me since I got an osu account. It felt super gratifying (acc could have been better but I derped on one stream):

On 5/27/2016 at 2:10 PM, Nosebleed said:

So today I log on and for some reason I just started playing really well and I PASSED MY FIRST 5 STAR MAP!

Not only that, I managed to FINALLY FC this beatmap that has tormented me since I got an osu account. It felt super gratifying (acc could have been better but I derped on one stream):

That second map and song is great. I remember getting a 6x100 Hidden on that a while ago and not being able to repeat itĀ 

33 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Went from roughly 42k to 36k. Yay! ^_^

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/459788

I went to 42k. NoĀ more worrying about dipping back over 50k again.

31 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Jumps aren't hard at all; the challenge is keeping your nerves in check after 1k combo. Ugh, so close. :kosame:

oYCaunc.png

This pushed me past the 36k mark at least.

I don't even try that map because I know my nerves won't hold out to the end.