Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

What is so bad about it? I haven't been following the news and all I read was that it's supposed to stop people from ranking by farming hards which seems awesome to me.

old, old quote: http://puu.sh/4HYTZ.png

Main strange thing is that DT gives 14% higher "accuracy" but caps at 100% accuracy. This essentially makes accuracy over 86% worthless with dt on which is, well, retarded.

Of course peppy was all "this is subject to change" and it's possible it won't suck.

While experimental ppv2 values actually were up, though, it looked pretty shit.

Hey guys i got introduced to osu 2 days ago by a couple of friends in the 3D world. I'm still a complete failure so far and i can't go past the normal difficulty yet, anything with more than 4 stars and a half is simply impossible for me.

Though i plan on practicing a lot and get better of course, i've never played a rythm based game so this is a first for me and so far i've really enjoyed it and i've played with a couple of people too.

I was posting here to introduce myself as an osu user in fuwanovel and also in hopes that anyone has tips on how to grasp the controls better or how to have a better performance on osu? To me so far the biggest hurdle is when things get speedier, i always end up either losing focus or losing grasp of the beat and just can't go along with the song (this is only for hard difficulty and above, normal is fine), i sometimes set the No-fail mod on to practice harder songs and see if i can grasp something but it's still complicated, i guess it's too early for me still, i'm better off trying to get S ranks on every normal difficulty for now.

Currently i can play with the X and Z keys not just the mouse click, i don't have a tablet so that's out of the question.

I was hoping the osu users in this forum could give some helpful tips if there are any, i'd greatly appreciate and i hope maybe in the future we can play together.

Ill say this: to improve in any aspect, play maps that are just a little bit too hard for you. If you can't beat it, switch maps, repeat. You'll get progressively better. All in all just play a lot of different maps - for where to get them, the newer beatmap packs are usually at least decent. Getting S ranks on maps is pleasant and stuff, but is more consistency training. You can do that a bit too, and it's fun I guess~

Oh and find a rival to duel with in multiplayer :P

~damn it ill get oboetete soon you bastard you lewy~

I guess i saw that coming. Well that's the plan for me for now, i've just been playing maps and repeating and i often try ones i fail but not utterly fail, turn no-fail mod on and try to see how well i can perform overall. Guess it's time to download other songs i don't really know. Thank you for the reply though. I thankfully have 2 friends that even though they are osu experts they don't mind using lower difficulty  maps to play with me and we go on multiplayer occasionaly. Hopefully in some months i'll have grasped most of it. When that time comes i'll make sure to post here for a multiplayer match.

I actually almost never used no-fail, but that's more me being silly than anything else as it causes you to brickwall on some extra hard parts on maps often.

I just started raging a lot because i wanted to complete the song ;_; and whenever i hear the song stopping with that low pitched tone it makes me extremily mad so i turned the no-fail on in order to complete it, maybe i shouldn't it'll just give me a false sense of security, but i don't want to flip my desk either.

Hey guys i got introduced to osu 2 days ago by a couple of friends in the 3D world. I'm still a complete failure so far and i can't go past the normal difficulty yet, anything with more than 4 stars and a half is simply impossible for me.

Though i plan on practicing a lot and get better of course, i've never played a rythm based game so this is a first for me and so far i've really enjoyed it and i've played with a couple of people too.

I was posting here to introduce myself as an osu user in fuwanovel and also in hopes that anyone has tips on how to grasp the controls better or how to have a better performance on osu? To me so far the biggest hurdle is when things get speedier, i always end up either losing focus or losing grasp of the beat and just can't go along with the song (this is only for hard difficulty and above, normal is fine), i sometimes set the No-fail mod on to practice harder songs and see if i can grasp something but it's still complicated, i guess it's too early for me still, i'm better off trying to get S ranks on every normal difficulty for now.

Currently i can play with the X and Z keys not just the mouse click, i don't have a tablet so that's out of the question.

I was hoping the osu users in this forum could give some helpful tips if there are any, i'd greatly appreciate and i hope maybe in the future we can play together.

Practice is the answer!

First of all, don't worry about tablet or mouse (that's the dumbest debate in osu!). You can be as good with a mouse or tablet :)

Just try and tap the notes through the beat of the music and not through the approach circle (I know it sounds dumb...). Try using HD on easy/normal to get to learn the beat of the song. If you're having trouble with fast songs, try playing some lower BPM songs. You aren't supposed to start osu and be able to play 300BPMjumpdeathstreams (unless you're korean & your name is Cookiezi). You should also decide if you should singletap or alternate right now, because switching on a higher level is very long/hard (it took me ~2 months to go from alternate to singletap). 

Learning to do triples/doubles and streams will come with practice. 

Oh, and one last thing, if you break your combo in a song, don't restart it! That's the worse thing to do because if you restart it and pass that section, you're bound to break in another part of the some since you only practiced that certain part where you first broke. Play through the whole song and then retry. That's a bad habit that I have xD

I'm at school now, so I'll elaborate more if you need to me to when I get home! 

Practice is the answer!

First of all, don't worry about tablet or mouse (that's the dumbest debate in osu!). You can be as good with a mouse or tablet :)

Just try and tap the notes through the beat of the music and not through the approach circle (I know it sounds dumb...). Try using HD on easy/normal to get to learn the beat of the song. If you're having trouble with fast songs, try playing some lower BPM songs. You aren't supposed to start osu and be able to play 300BPMjumpdeathstreams (unless you're korean & your name is Cookiezi). You should also decide if you should singletap or alternate right now, because switching on a higher level is very long/hard (it took me ~2 months to go from alternate to singletap). 

Learning to do triples/doubles and streams will come with practice. 

Oh, and one last thing, if you break your combo in a song, don't restart it! That's the worse thing to do because if you restart it and pass that section, you're bound to break in another part of the some since you only practiced that certain part where you first broke. Play through the whole song and then retry. That's a bad habit that I have xD

I'm at school now, so I'll elaborate more if you need to me to when I get home! 

That was quite helpful, i'll be sure to use all these tips in my practice (making it sound like osu is a life or death thing). I'm glad there's users willing to help newbies. I'm just going to settle for the difficulty i can manage through but it's still somewhat hard for now, i'll retry several maps until i can at least get a decent accuracy and then move on to speedier ones and see how well i can perform. I was already expecting a 2/3 month period i just wanted as much help as i could get to improve. By alternate and single tap i'm guessing you mean only tapping X or Z instead of alternating between them, currently i alternate since it seems more logical and it helps in most stances, is it better to learn to single tap faster instead of alternating? I can type keys fast that's not the issue, it just seems more practical to alternate, but i'm not the expert here. I greatly appreciate all your tips.

is it better to learn to single tap faster instead of alternating? I can type keys fast that's not the issue, it just seems more practical to alternate, but i'm not the expert here. I greatly appreciate all your tips.

I honestly think alternating is the way to go but then again, I'm no where near these guys in terms of skill.

I've run into the issue of having to switch to single tap mid song because a given part of the song was too fast otherwise. While this works, its awkward when I do this and just doesn't feel right. I decided that if I couldn't pass the song alternating the entire time, then I just needed more practice.

I honestly think alternating is the way to go but then again, I'm no where near these guys in terms of skill.

I've run into the issue of having to switch to single tap mid song because a given part of the song was too fast otherwise. While this works, its awkward when I do this and just doesn't feel right. I decided that if I couldn't pass the song alternating the entire time, then I just needed more practice.

That's how i feel as well. I love how in the end it all just comes down to practicing hard.

I nearly only alternate when I play. However, on very rare occasions I go to singletap + alternate for streams, because the timing is almost made for it somehow. I get a minor accuracy boost on some slow songs, and I can pass the second part of Remote Control insane which really messes with me otherwise.

Alternating is theoretically the most efficient way to tap circles. It's just that past a certain level, alternating on 300BPM singles/sliders blows your brain xD Singles are too fast for your fingers & brain to register, so you end up spamming keys (hoping to hit a good timing) instead of actually taping the note.

That being said, I still alternate when I feel comfortable or when I'm not fully warmed up yet xD

[...] I can pass the second part of Remote Control insane which really messes with me otherwise.

:o

You can do the jumps? Nice~

Alternating is theoretically the most efficient way to tap circles. It's just that past a certain level, alternating on 300BPM singles/sliders blows your brain xD Singles are too fast for your fingers & brain to register, so you end up spamming keys (hoping to hit a good timing) instead of actually taping the note.

That being said, I still alternate when I feel comfortable or when I'm not fully warmed up yet xD

Well yeah if there's so many in a row it's not like tapping a single key fast will do much damage since it's all you can do with your simple human brain. I'll just use alternate and if there's a stance where there's too many in a row to alternate i'll switch to  single, i don't think it's unreasonable or impossible. So far i'll stick with alternate.

Well yeah if there's so many in a row it's not like tapping a single key fast will do much damage since it's all you can do with your simple human brain. I'll just use alternate and if there's a stance where there's too many in a row to alternate i'll switch to single, i don't think it's unreasonable or impossible. So far i'll stick with alternate.

Yup, if you're comfortable with that, go ahead :D

In 1~3 months, you'll be able to DT stuff!

Awesome~

I'll post a liveplay tonight hehehe :3

I single tap most of the time but when needed I start alternating when needed, mostly on insanes

:o

You can do the jumps? Nice~

I can do better :3 I get near the end before the jumps get too much for me :/

When I said "second part" I mean the second pattern, so the x xxx x x xxx x x xxx rhythm stuff (short section but I keep failing there if I don't singletap). Immediately after that part I start alternating again lol. I can't really hit all of the most hardcore starjumps yet, but ive gotten to ~85% of the end. About the same place where lewy's getting to, actually... I blame my mouse.

Post edited over 9000 times. Also it seems I can do that section alternating now lolo, however a more recent example is my #11 on this map (also note lewycool at #44 kekekekekekekeke), where the doublets were really hard to hit accurately if I alternated.