Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

Have you guys read up on the news for restructuring the BAT? What are your opinions on it? I was a little unsure how it would help improve things, but then I read up on one of the comments and I'm starting to see this as a really good system.

Everyone will be able to be a BAT, unlike before

literally.

In the past, BATs were having chat / forum moderation powers, which was kinda big issue for having more BATs as some people weren't fitting for that responsibility, since now that is gone, we're looking forward to get every active & experienced modder into team!

There is also that change, if BAT gets too many unranks within month, they get suspended for -notyetknown- amount of time, so if inexperienced modder gets in to BAT: that won't be big issue since QAT can easily notice quality issues.

I don't have that much confidence in Thelewa's judgment. What reason does he have to believe that nothing will change from this? If you really take the time to think about it, Marcin's comments make a lot of sense. You're gonna have that many more people on the BAT, and QATS will be there just in case someone messes up. Aren't there quite a few maps out there that are ready to be ranked, but haven't been approved yet? I'm not sure if I'm really missing something because of how I'm not entirely active in the mapping community, but is there anything that would keep this system from working? I think that the only reason the BATs aren't approving maps that quickly is due to the number of maps there are in queue. If the new BAT looks over those, and the QAT checks them for quality, it should help push more maps out.

I don't have that much confidence in Thelewa's judgment. What reason does he have to believe that nothing will change from this? If you really take the time to think about it, Marcin's comments make a lot of sense. You're gonna have that many more people on the BAT, and QATS will be there just in case someone messes up. Aren't there quite a few maps out there that are ready to be ranked, but haven't been approved yet? I'm not sure if I'm really missing something because of how I'm not entirely active in the mapping community, but is there anything that would keep this system from working? I think that the only reason the BATs aren't approving maps that quickly is due to the number of maps there are in queue. If the new BAT looks over those, and the QAT checks them for quality, it should help push more maps out.

What thelewa means is he doesn't like the old BAT team and thinks they let through shitty maps. There was this one map that made thelewa ragequit the game for like 3 months by scrambling his email and password in the past during one of his drunken fits. I can't remember the name of the song nor the artist and it appears I don't have it downloaded anymore, so I can' link which one he meant, but in his opinion that map shouldn't have been rankable.

#hanzermap #missyou #nhato

That's it, I couldn't remember the name. I thought it started with "nh" but then realized I didn't have it downloaded and had no idea what it was called to download it. Was the map really that bad? I only watched one replay while I was tired.

That's it, I couldn't remember the name. I thought it started with "nh" but then realized I didn't have it downloaded and had no idea what it was called to download it. Was the map really that bad? I only watched one replay while I was tired.

bad

or extremely hard to read

Difficult to read =/= bad. I may not be able to judge it from a player's perspective since it's still outside of my difficulty range, but I could see this being a fun map to play once I get better. I noticed that one of the bubbles for this map came from Charles445 (I have a lot of respect for this guy).

Yes, this map is hard, but it's very playable! Here's my score.

Plus, there's 4 S's on this map, so I don't see why it should be frowned upon. Personally, I like it when maps try something different. It helps expand your skill range when you practice at it. And is there anything at all that would make this map unrankable?

I don't think Thelewa's opinions should be taken seriously at all. Have we already forgotten how he was on Ask? :P There's also a lot of people that like this map, so why hate on it and not just ignore it? There's plenty of other maps that could be better suited to your preferences.

5b46a4d33d.jpg

Feels good clearing that map finally.

Also im bored of dota...atleast until the new balance patch is out so i'll be on osu most of the time now. If anyone feels like multi just throw me a tell and if im at my computer i'll respond.

Speaking of AR9 maps, I finally FC'd one! :D

screenshot112.png

Woah, awesome! ^^ I don't think I've gotten a FC on a single AR9 map, let alone any AR8 maps as well... but of course one should never let that get them down because you just keep playing, for fun and not in utter seriousness. Whatever happens next is quite unknown as that should just come along the way of having fun... and it could very well mean a sudden amazing performance. This is the stance I currently take on any game, not just Osu!

Congrats! :)

Well, I think I've found my new favorite song and map on Osu! as of yet:

HDHR

wKMm62Q.jpg

DT7t5t25C.jpg

Mods. The HDHR one is probably my greatest Osu! achievement thus far, but I still didn't FC it. xD The song is just that catchy and I ended up playing it way too many times to count on both hands. I clearly need more practice with DT, though. >_> Think I might reconsider a tablet one of these days.

Woah, awesome! ^^ I don't think I've gotten a FC on a single AR9 map, let alone any AR8 maps as well... but of course one should never let that get them down because you just keep playing, for fun and not in utter seriousness. Whatever happens next is quite unknown as that should just come along the way of having fun... and it could very well mean a sudden amazing performance. This is the stance I currently take on any game, not just Osu!

Congrats! :)

Well, I think I've found my new favorite song and map on Osu! as of yet:

HDHR

wKMm62Q.jpg

DT7t5t25C.jpg

Mods. The HDHR one is probably my greatest Osu! achievement thus far, but I still didn't FC it. xD The song is just that catchy and I ended up playing it way too many times to count on both hands. I clearly need more practice with DT, though. >_> Think I might reconsider a tablet one of these days.

Damn, dude. I might be a little better when it comes to FC's, but you've got me beat when it comes to harder maps. Ah, that's okay, I'll just progress as I go along~

I actually do put a little bit of seriousness into playing Osu, but I can't enjoy a game unless I do so. I stated this earlier in the thread, but I enjoy the process of getting better more than I do actually playing the game. That's not to say I don't enjoy the game (I wouldn't put nearly as much time in if I didn't), I like getting better more. Nothing much to worry about though, I'm not trying to force myself to get good at a really fast rate either. Still playing at a decent pace. I also like to compare my progress to others as a means to motivate myself. Actually really happy that I'm past MrAldred in overall PP. I'm still trying to beat him in individual performance, however (my best performance is 53, his is 79). Too bad he's not active anymore. :( I guess my next goal will be to surpass maef and Ceris. > : )

Hi all, there'll be a OSU! Mania competition in my hometown : Semarang, Indonesia

unofficial, and for ladies only, though :P.

It's a special event held at local highschool Japanesse Festival : Sakura No Matsuri  

Please read this for more info :

a1dd8da161.jpg

Full Size Poster :

c60468b034.jpg

Hi all, there'll be a OSU! Mania competition in my hometown : Semarang, Indonesia

unofficial, and for ladies only, though :P.

It's a special event held at local highschool Japanesse Festival : Sakura No Matsuri  

Please read this for more info :

a1dd8da161.jpg

Full Size Poster :

c60468b034.jpg

:o Damn, didn't know they had these. Wish I lived near there :c