Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

I decided to make a switch from mouse clicks to keyboard + mouse. I feel like I have a lot more freedom of control with my mouse than I had before. I didn't like it when I tried it initially, but now it feels nicer on the harder songs. My spins are a lot faster too. The only downside is having to develop the muscle memory for it. I can barely do any of the songs I use to do! >.< But yeah, I'm starting to see the futility of clicking at this point. Distance beats aren't a problem for me, but the fast ones are. I'm hitting the fast ones a lot more consistently now, but my accuracy still sucks due to lack of muscle memory. I'm hitting a lot more 100's than I usually do. I actually got a D for the first time ever. @_@

I decided to make a switch from mouse clicks to keyboard + mouse. I feel like I have a lot more freedom of control with my mouse than I had before. I didn't like it when I tried it initially, but now it feels nicer on the harder songs. My spins are a lot faster too. The only downside is having to develop the muscle memory for it. I can barely do any of the songs I use to do! >.< But yeah, I'm starting to see the futility of clicking at this point. Distance beats aren't a problem for me, but the fast ones are. I'm hitting the fast ones a lot more consistently now, but my accuracy still sucks due to lack of muscle memory. I'm hitting a lot more 100's than I usually do. I actually got a D for the first time ever. @_@

I actually started using the keyboard for clicking in osu! around when I started playing normals because I figured it would be tons easier, so I never had an issue transitioning between those. But switching from mouse to tablet was a monsterous task for me after playing constantly for 6 months and was used to a mouse.

I haven't felt like playing osu at all these last days. Anyone ever had this feel? Not sure if something's wrong~

Yes I've felt that way. There were just other things at the time that I would rather be doing (VN, LoL, etc..). Nothing is wrong. Probably

OMG , we are same! i suddenly feels sucks at this game , cause i rarely play osu! nowadays...

Alright guys I'm going to try making a new beatmap. Since  I'm kind of sucky at osu lately I can occupy my time with something else.

Last time i just started losing drive and never really finished the map but this time i plan on doing it though I won't ask anyone to join in particular unless you want to. I plan on doing Hard and Insane difficulties. And if that doens't tire me I guess I'll do a normal one.

The song will be this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9cdszg6YvQ

I'll upload the map this time around to make it simpler like Zaka suggested. You learn from your mistakes I guess.

Sure you wanna map 4 mins? I gotta say a shorter map isn't as exhausting...

Well, idk.

I'm really unmotivated to play osu atm becuause my matter how I try to position my mouse cable it ends up having very uneven resistance depending on the direction I pull the mouse, which is annoying as hell and causes me to do some serious shitplay. Couple that with my skills degrading due to a long break and I'm really shit now.

Funfact: until I heard they used for pronounciation of micro-SI-symbol, I mentally named them micro's - muse also makes sense though as I believe that's the Greek pronounciation (or close).

Also, it's totes microtorrent.

I'm laughing and facepalming at the same time right now

This is almost as good as when you learned what Ni Hao meant.

Though I also totally pronounced it as microtorrent in the past *cry*

But I never said micro's. That's just. LOL.

Today's greek lesson

μ

It's not ridiculous at all. While it was partly being facetious, I already knew it could be pronounced mu w... not to mention that uTorrent pretty certainly was referring to microtorrent, as afaik it had a really low filesize when it came out (does it still?)

μ?

if we're talking about the language, it's actually M/μ (upper/lower) in Greek, not "u", probably pronounce it as Mu...

Muse = Μοῦσαι in Greek

μTorrent is only slightly using the μ from Greek though, it's using the SI measurement

(SI's -micro/μ is apparently because it comes from the Greek word μικρός "small")

(But I guess you can pronounce it as MuTorrent though... I guess)

μ?

if we're talking about the language, it's actually M/μ (upper/lower) in Greek, not "u", probably pronounce it as Mu...

Muse = Μοῦσαι in Greek

μTorrent is only slightly using the μ from Greek though, it's using the SI measurement

(SI's -micro/μ is apparently because it comes from the Greek word μικρός "small")

(But I guess you can pronounce it as MuTorrent though... I guess)

I'm just typing u because I don't have a greek keyboard and it's annoying to ctrl + v :P and yes the pronounciation in greek is Mu 

μ's is pronounced as Muse as heard plenty of times in Love Live

I was just curious abouter μTorrent though but MicroTorrent does make sense. But MuTorrent sounds funny.

I think a lot of people pronounce it as uTorrent (with an U) because it's just simpler to memorize, and it's also what comes up when you type it on google.

Also on Wikipedia it says it can be used as uTorrent as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%9CTorrent

A lovu-dovu trend eh~ Lol!

Still not entirely caught up on my new style, but I'm starting to get better adjusted to using keys. Timing the beats is still a bit tricky now that I'm using both sides of the brain for both hands, but I'm still hitting beats a lot more consistently now. Clicking may make it more simple to time the beats, but the physical limitations still make it too much of a struggle to game with. I'm thinking of investing in a tablet one day (not only for Osu, but for manga and LNs), but I might just stick with mouse. I should try tweaking my dpi a little too.

Edit: I think I might try my hand at making a beatmap too. I'm surprised that there aren't any ranked beatmaps for Karin's OP. I mean, yeah, the anime is pretty old and not entirely memorable (the manga was much better), but the OP was pretty damn good. I'll definitely start with this since it's one of my favorite anime OPs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCLtFJEh3Kk

Now I just need to read up on the guidelines for making a beatmap. Gonna make an easy, normal, and hard for this.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

I can do Insanes just fine. I do them sometimes, but for whatever reason I find myself gravitating towards the hards. Well I guess I should just multi with you guys more and force myself to like insanes better like I did with hards xD

I'd multi with anyone, anytime. But people just leave me  <_< grmbl

Oh and the only heart sider I remember of was in a Cxu map and if you didn't start it with good acc you would die from drain before it could end ... Best slider ever !