Rewrite Help [SOLVED]

ChrisPZT

So I recently got the torrent for rewrite from the Fuwa site and managed to download it all fine.

According to the site no installation is required, however as can be seen by the image provided the readme states I must run an executable in order to install the game.

I realised that none of the applications on the left worked and skipped to installing the patch.

Untitled_zps7450e14f.png

It worked(?) or at least I thought it did until I get this error whenever I try to run the game:

Untitled2_zps073de677.png

I have no idea what is causing this and I'm almost certain my system locale is set to Japanese since I've been playing other VNs just fine.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: According to the readme there 2 fixes that I can replace the original application with but neither worked.

Untitled3_zpsa39e2623.png

Have you tried running as administrator? it usually isn't needed but you might as well try if you haven't.

edit: have you used the Rewrite reg file? you have to use it once, then your game should work from the exe

Ok I'll try that.

EDIT: A lot of the files appear to be missing after the installation compared to the original (files that came with the torrent) including the Reg file:

Untitled4_zps42cfba69.png

Double-Clicking the Reg File just opens it in Notepad displaying the text:

#REGNAME = "Key\\Rewrite"

When I tried copying the reg file over the exe refused to run. I didn't even get a blank pop-up. -_-

EDIT: My operating system is Windows 8 if it makes any difference.

Ok I'll try that.

EDIT: A lot of the files appear to be missing after the installation compared to the original (files that came with the torrent) including the Reg file:

Untitled4_zps42cfba69.png

Double-Clicking the Reg File just opens it in Notepad displaying the text:

#REGNAME = "Key\\Rewrite"

When I tried copying the reg file over the exe refused to run. I didn't even get a blank pop-up. -_-

EDIT: My operating system is Windows 8 if it makes any difference.

But what did you do for the left folder not being equal to the right? It should've been a simple copy and paste.

But what did you do for the left folder not being equal to the right? It should've been a simple copy and paste.

Well this is embarrassing but it appears I failed such an easy task. I installed the patch and it made the folder for me but I didn't have all the files in said folder because I didn't put them their before installing the patch.

I moved over the missing files and now it works. I feel stupid now.

Thanks for helping me though, I appreciate it.

Well this is embarrassing but it appears I failed such an easy task. I installed the patch and it made the folder for me but I didn't have all the files in said folder because I didn't put them their before installing the patch.

I moved over the missing files and now it works. I feel stupid now.

Thanks for helping me though, I appreciate it.

No problem stuff like this can happen. This thread should be marked as solved.