Devil Survivor 2: Break Record Lives

Stray Cat

Now I'm torn between finishing Devil Survivor 2 (I got to about the branching point a year ago and then got sidetracked) or waiting for this

Depends if buying it for the extra story is worth it to you or not.   Also, I hope they incorporate that animation style they used in the beginning.  That would be beautiful. 

so is that like a remake of the original DS game? or a part2?

Which story is better, Devil Survivor 1 or 2.  Could I skip 1, and just play 2 and not miss too much?

It's the second game remake with extra stuff at the end (just like Overclocked was a remake of the first one). There is no relation at all between the two games so you could just play the second game on it's own.  I can't really say which is better (they're equally good IMO) but I can say the first one (the original) was easier because magic was broken and there seemed to be many harder bosses in the second.  

• 1 month later...

We have more breaking (lol) news on Break Record:

1. The lovely Shoji Meguro will be rearranging the soundtrack.
  2. For those of you on the fence about the re-buy, apparenlty the game will have a new scenario that is the length of a full RPG (no exact time but still).  
  3. The animation is just as beautiful as I could have hoped for. Seriously look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=was93n1QKw4

Ahh good I've been waiting for this. I thought it'd never happen...! I got Overclocked about a year ago... So now's a good time to finish a path, I guess (I keep... stopping... before one of the final bosses...)! I'm looking forward to it...! With this and Persona 5, Atlus are probably pretty busy right now...

• 1 month later...

Also for those of you who found Yamato attractive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr14ErRsVsc

Problem solved. 

Oh, so this is the one where you can meet Yamato's twin sister? Great! Now I can see all of her cuteness on my 3DS!

IF ONLY I HAD ONE.

Yeah, I think I will pass. I will probably watch a Let's Play of it on youtube at best </3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If this is what we end up getting instead of Durarara characters I will not be pleased. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/09/devil-survivor-2-record-breaker-launch-edition-now-includes-collectable-decals/

The price isn't worth it considering I already played it on the DS. I can't imagine getting much use out of the decals and the abridged sountrack seems like the usual tease. I'll probably wait a few months before getting it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh good I've been waiting for this. I thought it'd never happen...! I got Overclocked about a year ago... So now's a good time to finish a path, I guess (I keep... stopping... before one of the final bosses...)! I'm looking forward to it...! With this and Persona 5, Atlus are probably pretty busy right now...