Hello and I have a question ^_^'

Mowa

Hi call me Mowa, I'm sorry but I'm very new to the translating bushiness and I kinda wish to ask if anyone could help me out. It's not a project!...er I just kinda am curious to know if there was a way I could learn more about translating. I am looking for classes and all, but if anyone knows other methods could you please share them with me? happy.gif' I want to be a good translator all.

I'm sorry! I don't meant to sound noob-ish, please forgive me. >.<'

EDIT: Okay thank you to the kind users that have gave me tips, I'll use them and stick with the post on the forum on learning, Thank you again.

Welcome to Fuwanovel ^^

Well, I don't know how much Japanese you know to start translating, but I can't help much, I'm learning Japanese at a slow pace

I'm sure there's people around here who can help you out

I hope you have a great time around here

hey Mowa

how far are you with kanji? you might be able to use the Heisig's mnemonics drills + SRS to get the kanji done forever.

I think this is the fastest way to learn the kanji I know of,

as for grammar you can use tae kim grammar guide as well as many others.

actually u remind me... i was suppose to tidy up my learn japanese post, the images are all gone!

http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2011/12/how-to-read-visual-novels-in-japanese-in-2-years-time-step-by-step-guide-%E2%80%95-learn-to-read-through-vn-or-anime/

^ you can use this for now until i repost it properly with images

because i havent kept up with the latest developments, I'm not aware of what other essentials there are, so I can only go by what I know 2 years ago...

the designer-blood in me wants to reduce everything to as simple as possible. (i dont like telling ppl to go to 100 different links and scab around, i like to reduce it to one package)

anyway brb while i tidy that post

Edit: if anyone know some better resources than Tae Kim, plz teach me!

Overall the Internet seems to agree that Tae Kim is the best when your goal is to learn japanese rather quickly. I read it in my ongoing process to learn japanese and thought it's good and well explained, but maybe it lacks exercises to practice. It's the most concise one i think though.

Another one i saw mentioned too is Genki.

Those are for beginners though. If you already know japanese and want to improve to get to the translation level (which i couldn't figure out from your post ^^"), you probably need more advanced books. I saw a book recommendation some time ago but lost it. Here is another:

*forget that, link died.

A book I found to be recommended as an excellent grammar book, written in japanese.

Hi call me Mowa, I'm sorry but I'm very new to the translating bushiness and I kinda wish to ask if anyone could help me out. It's not a project!...er I just kinda am curious to know if there was a way I could learn more about translating. I am looking for classes and all, but if anyone knows other methods could you please share them with me? ^_^/>' I want to be a good translator all.

I'm sorry! I don't meant to sound noob-ish, please forgive me. >.<'

We have a thread going on about learning Japanese, just hang around and see

Hey there! I'm currently learning Japanese as well, although very slowly. How did you start (i.e. did you learn kanji first or hira & kata first)? What made you wanna learn Japanese?

well I wanted to learn so I could help one of my favorite translators, I've always had interest in learning though. I can promise I will learn it, I did chinese for a year and still know some basics.

Overall the Internet seems to agree that Tae Kim is the best when your goal is to learn japanese rather quickly. I read it in my ongoing process to learn japanese and thought it's good and well explained, but maybe it lacks exercises to practice. It's the most concise one i think though.

Another one i saw mentioned too is Genki.

Those are for beginners though. If you already know japanese and want to improve to get to the translation level (which i couldn't figure out from your post ^^"), you probably need more advanced books. I saw a book recommendation some time ago but lost it. Here is another:

*forget that, link died.

A book I found to be recommended as an excellent grammar book, written in japanese.

oh thank you very much, I only know basic japanese so anything is considered help for me. Sorry I couldn't think of an example to use. I'd say because of the lack of practice I am a beginner.