H-Scenes. Really necessary?

Tay

everyone who has/had girlfriend knows, that hentai scenes are just unnatural, you could even say lame. i always skip it.

on the other hand, sex is a part of relationships so i play only 18+. i feel like i miss something in all ages versions.

Sex is so romantic that it's the thing that shows the best that men are still animals.

Sex is totally fine when it's an expression of love.

In VN's sex is almost always reduced to being carnal, physical, with stupid moans over and over, with characters radicaly changing personnalities from shy girl to huge slut wanting the D more than anything else.

Make the sex relevant and it's totally fine, but that's so rare and so hard to do (i'm not saying some didn't try) that it often doesn't serve any purpose in character devellopement.

In VN's sex is almost always reduced to being carnal, physical, with stupid moans over and over, with characters radicaly changing personnalities for shy girl to huge slut wanting the D more than anything else.

This. This is what I can't stand.

I'm 100% fine with seeing couples evolving and developing a sex life (It also makes my pants happy). But when their personality completely changes during the h-scenes it's just ridiculous. I'll never forget Kono Oozora where Asa who was a shy and clumsy girl turned into a huge sex addict out of nowhere. That's just a big no and it's overall not nice to see because you grow attached to a chracter and then during the h-scene they're someone else entirely.

That's the thing about anime/hentai/VNs, the sex scenes are usually never accurate.

They're always elborated to sell better and its fucking weird.

I usually don't mind H-Scenes but I don't like them either. Its just weird to hear high pitched moaning and them saying stupid shit most of the time.

I dunno. Im weird I guess.

That's the thing about anime/hentai/VNs, the sex scenes are usually never accurate.

They're always elborated to sell better and its fucking weird.

I usually don't mind H-Scenes but I don't like them either. Its just weird to hear high pitched moaning and them saying stupid shit most of the time.

I dunno. Im weird I guess.

Nope, you are not weird at all, there are many people here who agree with you. True in my case I am totally against H-scenes for many reasons which some of them I have stated in older posts in this topic.

Sex is so romantic that it's the thing that shows the best that men are still animals.

It is not just man who is still animals most girls are the same listening to their instincts rather than their mind. In my opinion very few people have evolved enough to be called intelligent beings and that doesn't have anything to do with gender.

It is not just man who is still animals most girls are the same listening to their instincts rather than their mind. In my opinion very few people have evolved enough to be called intelligent beings and that doesn't have anything to do with gender.

Men refering to the species, to mankind.

Not to genders

this is hilarious. virgins talk about sex. i am going for popcorn.

seriously. this is about hentai/game scenes. don't go any further. 

This. This is what I can't stand.

I'm 100% fine with seeing couples evolving and developing a sex life (It also makes my pants happy). But when their personality completely changes during the h-scenes it's just ridiculous. I'll never forget Kono Oozora where Asa who was a shy and clumsy girl turned into a huge sex addict out of nowhere. That's just a big no and it's overall not nice to see because you grow attached to a chracter and then during the h-scene they're someone else entirely.

Sex is meant to be enjoyed you know? Carnal desire is the most natural thing in the world. If the sexual act is the most private and intimate act in the world + it's the one in which the humans abandon thenselves to their instincts, then what is wrong with enjoying it to the fullest?

I find the fact of not enjoying sex for psicological reasons as something that needs to be cured wether if it is for their upbringing or a trauma. Either way, as I mentioned, sex is something that should be enjoyed without limits.

Sex is meant to be enjoyed you know? Carnal desire is the most natural thing in the world. If the sexual act is the most private and intimate act in the world + it's the one in which the humans abandon thenselves to their instincts, then what is wrong with enjoying it to the fullest?

I find any women that don't enojy sex for psicological reasons as something that needs to be cured wether if it is for their upbringing or a trauma. Either way, as I mentioned, sex is something that should be enjoyed without limits.

Enjoying sex is something. I fully understand they're enjoying it to a certain extent. But their personalities literally change and they feel like different people and that's what I can't comprehend. You can enjoy sex and have a blast, that's normal. But you don't become a different person, that's just weird. ESPECIALLY when it's literally their first time according to the story and they're like pros at it and then after that all tehy want is more sex. That clashes a lot with their personality and i really despise that. They can enjoy sex and still have their own personalities no?

Keep in mind this doesn't happen in every novel. I just pointed out something i don't like to see.

I haven't read it yet, but someone else was saying Tomoyo After had particularly well written h-scenes? Were they joking?

No idea I haven't read that one so far. Clannad and Rewrite don't have any sex scenes but Kanon had me go 'WTF? Now that's random sex' today in Mokotos route (Ayus and Nayukis were ok disregarding the old art)

Enjoying sex is something. I fully understand they're enjoying it to a certain extent. But their personalities literally change and they feel like different people and that's what I can't comprehend. You can enjoy sex and have a blast, that's normal. But you don't become a different person, that's just weird. ESPECIALLY when it's literally their first time according to the story and they're like pros at it and then after that all tehy want is more sex. That clashes a lot with their personality and i really despise that. They can enjoy sex and still have their own personalities no?

Keep in mind this doesn't happen in every novel. I just pointed out something i don't like to see.

I'd agree that sometimes the proficiency of the characters is exagerated but what you did point out in your first post wasn't that. It was their change on personalities, something that I find normal, wether they change or not personalities, when having sex. People allways have a mask when interacting to others on society but when being on th intimacy and more when having sex, you let that mask slip a bit or completely.

No idea I haven't read that one so far. Clannad and Rewrite don't have any sex scenes but Kanon had me go 'WTF? Now that's random sex' today in Mokotos route (Ayus and Nayukis were ok disregarding the old art)

So Kanon has sex scenes? lol, gonna put it in my backlog to lulz a bit. If Little Busters EX CGs came out a bit clumsy, I can't even imagine how Kanon's CGs are. :huh:

Oh I like this thread!

Personally, I like H-scenes only when:

- I Like the characters.
- The story is good enough.
- I want to see how the heroines would behave in an H-scene (this doesn't mean all of them; it could be one, all, or even none).
- I want to have a solid "proof" of the relationship between the MC and the heroine (this is only in special cases, few visual novels).

I tend to skip H-scenes if not even one of the above options are meet, though.

Other thing is, I don't really mind the H-scene when it's consensual and between the Mc and the heroine/s only, as I avoid gangbang, rape, tentacles, and all that stuff; but, when the H-scene is waaaaay too generic, I don't even think twice about skipping D:

Weird thing is that, for some reason, if the VN had H-scenes but were removed, I lack the enthusiasm to play it, even if I'll be skipping them all. Weird, huh? D;

this is hilarious. virgins talk about sex. i am going for popcorn.

seriously. this is about hentai/game scenes. don't go any further. 

The thing is that that from my experience virgins and teens are the ones who must like H-scenes to begin with and who most defend them while older people are usually against them.

PS: Aeru come back and save Fuwanovel it started becoming more and more like MAL :( .

The thing is that that from my experience virgins and teens are the ones who must like H-scenes to begin with and who most defend them while older people are usually against them.

PS: Aeru come back and save Fuwanovel it started becoming more and more like MAL :( .

It baffles me when you say all that stuff with a Seikon no Qwaser avatar...

It baffles me when you say all that stuff with a Seikon no Qwaser avatar...

I liked story from Seikon no Qwaser and I like the protagonist, but I hate ecchi side of it and I think that it would be far better Anime if it weren't for ecchi. This is just one more great story that was made into a lot less than it could be because of damn perverts wanting to see erotic scenes. Perverts are types of people that I hate the most and when their perversion get in a way of great anime/VN I hate them even more (As I said I don't even consider them intelligent beings but rather I see them as animals following their instincts).

So Kanon has sex scenes? lol, gonna put it in my backlog to lulz a bit. If Little Busters EX CGs came out a bit clumsy, I can't even imagine how Kanon's CGs are. :huh:

Yeah I did 3 routes so far and each one had 1 sex scene (2 were okay in context but 1 of was so random it baffled me, the art is well old school Key :P)

Anyways I'd suggest you to read Kanon anyway since it has a good story.

I liked story from Seikon no Qwaser and I like the protagonist, but I hate ecchi side of it and I think that it would be far better Anime if it weren't for ecchi. This is just one more great story that was made into a lot less than it could be because of damn perverts wanting to see erotic scenes. Perverts are types of people that I hate the most and when their perversion get in a way of great anime/VN I hate them even more (As I said I don't even consider them intelligent beings but rather I see them as animals following their instincts).

>I watched Seikon no Qwaser for the plot

>For the plot

>The plot

>Plot

..........................................................................................

Man, I can't resist it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

>I watched Seikon no Qwaser for the plot

>For the plot

>The plot

>Plot

..........................................................................................

Man, I can't resist it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

You don't have to believe me, but that is a truth, I mean I am completely uninterested in sex or anything related to sex.