What are you listening to right now?

Snowtsuku

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While reading Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku o for some reasons I remembered one silly song - "Highschool Lullaby" by Imokin Trio. It was a joke band from early '80s, meant as a parody of Johnny's boy-band groups. The song itself is from 1981, and it has pretty nice early electronic-disco sound, similar to YMO. It also features silly lyrics about highschool unrequited love :P 

And since it's New Year's Eve, I also did my take, to create a bit of party mood :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is preview of the new album from Yoko Matsuura, released on 2021-01-11. Yesterday the CD safely arrived in my mailbox, after crossing over 9000km :)

140987739-414203756527203-46319118812825

I love it, it's really heartwarming and uplifting :abilove:(I think I might have also fallen for her, even though I know it's rather pointless...)

Edited by adamstan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yesterday I made a mixtape with '80s Japanese songs. Akina Nakamori, Shizuka Kudo, Seiko Matsuda, The Checkers, and others - and I'm listening to it just as I'm typing this :)

192682830-4320176471360269-1697677791574

Tracklist:

A1. Hiroko Moriguchi - Samurai Heart
A2. The Checkers - Hoshikuzu no Stage
A3. Yoko Oginome - Dancing Hero
A4. Shizuka Kudo - Kanashimi no Etranger
A5. Miki Kawashima - Lonely Eyes
A6. Noriko Sakai - No.Re.Na.I.TeenAge
A7. Kiyotaka Sugiyama - Sayonara no Ocean

B1. Seiko Matsuda - Daite...
B2. Shizuka Kudo - Again
B3. The Alfee - Hoshizora no Distance
B4. Akina Nakamori - Southern Wind
B5. The Checkers - Kanashikute Jealousy
B6. Off Course - Sayonara
B7. Kome Kome Club - FUNK FUJIYAMA

Edited by adamstan

• 3 weeks later...

Among the cassettes I bought recently, apart from two great Akina Nakamori's albums, there was also "Kids Blue" by Ayumi Nakamura. Her voice needs a bit of getting used to ;) but the songs are lovely. I know her by the song "Tomodachi" I heard on internet radio - it's a third song from the album:

Lovely carefree retro vibe :)

And as for Akina Nakamori - with each listen of her albums, I'm liking her more and more. She's true '80s goddess.

Edited by adamstan

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, those Indonesian songs were actually pretty nice :) But the melody of the second one sounded strangely familiar. Isn't it by chance cover of Japanese song?

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Maybe we can go even deeper?

Like, listening to Japanese pop from cassette? :D

215763889-4450665128311402-6123700616016

Today I've been listening to Akina Nakamori again :)Recently I alternate between her, Ayumi Nakamura and Halina Frąckowiak :D

Edited by adamstan

10 hours ago, adamstan said:

Wow, those Indonesian songs were actually pretty nice :) But the melody of the second one sounded strangely familiar. Isn't it by chance cover of Japanese song?

I was suspecting it to be a cover but Yura is credited as the author for both melody and lyrics, so it's maybe just subtle(?) influences. Indonesian popculture in general seem pretty heavily influenced by Japanese stuff/going in similar direction over the years. Like, when I asked Ayunda Risu on a stream a few days ago if she has any music recommendation she said there's tons of Indonesian city pop-style music from the 80's. I only started digging into it, but there are even playlists on Spotify explicitly called that and the sounds are indeed pretty close. :)

BTW, @littleshogun, do you have any ID music recs for us? :D

On 7/13/2021 at 3:54 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

BTW, @littleshogun, do you have any ID music recs for us? :D

Now that's some interesting request here. That said, I didn't listen much Indonesian song on Youtube although obviously it didn't mean that I don't know some Indonesian songs. Anyway I suppose I'll just embed several Indonesian song collection here below, and have fun to listening all of it.

Keep in mind that it's mostly mainstream Indonesian song here, and all of those songs are the old one.

Edited by littleshogun