Snowtsuku

What are you listening to right now?

20 hours ago, adamstan said:

Love it :wub: That such songs are still being made in 21st century is why I fell in love with J-pop :D

I know it is very formulaic. It's just that J-pop formula resonates with me really well.

I think this one's barely 20th century (like 15 years old), but I guess it counts. And it's hard to argue, particularily with this live performance it's quite lovely. :)

I, on the other hand, have more fun than I've expected with Sakura Fujiwara's bootleg American folk. It somehow cracks me up that this kind of music is made in Japan. ^^

That's indeed nice :) Reminds me of some of the Kayoko Yoshizawa's songs.

19 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

It somehow cracks me up that this kind of music is made in Japan. ^^

I feel like Japanese popular music is essentially a mix of various pop traditions from all the world. From different time periods as well. And often it brings interesting and pleasing results :)

Edited by adamstan

43 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Nice (even if simple) playing, however I'm not big fan of that singing style ;) But overally nice song.

It's pretty fitting for American folk though. :D I actually like it myself, but there's also the fact this recording is from 2013, when she was just 17. She refined her singing a bit since then. :)

25 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

It's pretty fitting for American folk though. :D

Yeah, that might be. Now that you say it, I guess that was my main problem with it - she sounded too American for my taste :D

Edited by adamstan

10 minutes ago, adamstan said:

It indeed is :D But the video is really bizarre - as were many of 80's MVs actually ;)

Indeed, although people say it's based on her personal trauma of working as a waitress and getting an intestinal disease out of stress. So it's symbolic. Some of it at least. Not sure about the closeup at the very beginning, but the rest... :D

I was looking for a good live performance of this song and well... Considering how Shizuka Kudo was singing at the beginning of her career, it wasn't easy. :wahaha: But finally, I found this one in which she seems to be slightly older and the difference is pretty significant. ^^