Snowtsuku

What are you listening to right now?

On 7/11/2019 at 2:36 AM, Emi said:

That's quite an awesome live performance. Decent part of my experience with exploring j-pop lately was being shocked how boring and soulless the live performances there can be. It's probably mostly the issue with idol groups, but I just find those kinds of over-choreographed, soulless routines impossible to watch for more than a few minutes. I genuinely find it strange that people pay money to see that stuff and fanboy over it... I mean, how people get excited over dance routines by a uniform mass of girls with playback music and singing? Ugh...

I'd take that no-name group I've posted about in the image thread over this any time. It might be junky as f***, but at least there's music in it?

Uhm, when did this turn into a rant...? Sorry for this. I guess this thought was on my mind for a few days now. xD

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

8 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

That's quite an awesome live performance. Decent part of my experience with exploring j-pop lately was being shocked how boring and soulless the live performances there can be. It's probably mostly the issue with idol groups, but I just find those kinds of over-choreographed, soulless routines impossible to watch for more than a few minutes. I genuinely find it strange that people pay money to see that stuff and fanboy over it... I mean, how people get excited over dance routines by a uniform mass of girls with playback music and singing? Ugh...

Yeah, idol live shows can be pretty boring music-wise. I once bought AKB48's live DVD set on impulse, but it isn't that enjoyable to watch, as it's essentially just dance show. Nevertheless I still like many of their songs ;)

However, live shows of some singers and acts I posted earlier (Anri Kumaki, Ai Kawashima, FictionJunction, Kalafina, Kayoko Yoshizawa) are complete opposite of this. I bought several of these, and don't regret it :) Great, moving and enjoyable performances. I hope there is some show I can attend during my planned trip to Japan in April 2021.

Edited by adamstan

20 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I think the entire Dragalia Lost OST is by the same artist, DAOKO, and it all rules. Would recommend.

Thanks, Fred. I was just about to start hunting for a name before you brought her up.

Sadly, looking up DAOKO lead to a traumatizing discovery of ME!ME!ME!

Other than that, though, she is awesome!

I mentioned that the live performances of Philosophy no Dance are a bit all over the place when I posted that video above (quite lively and entertaining though), their studio recordings on other hand are, for the most part, quite excellent. I hope they can one day earn their living without working two part-time jobs or performing in two other groups on the side. :D