What are you listening to right now?

Snowtsuku

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While playing Aoishiro, I came across some folklore in its encyclopedia regarding the Monkey King, Sun Wukong, and that just brought me down the memory lane, back to the '90s when I had watched this Hong Kong drama, "Journey to the West", starring Dicky Cheung as the aforementioned Monkey King, which got me listening to the show's main theme again. Ah, such memories. I remember watching this a lot with my parents as a kid.

He wasn't the most accurate portrayal of Wukong, but man, was it a fun show. He was playful and mischievous, much like a monkey, but he's also very cool, heroic, and good-looking. It's your typical mainstream TV show where the adapted material is made more accessible for the general public.

Edited by LemiusK

Swapped out a post I made in "YouTube Most Random" with another post and I'm posting this here instead, because it feels more appropriate.

Nearing the end of Ever17, and all I could think of was this soundtrack... (Ever17 spoiler)

Spoiler

Deceive yourself. Deceive the world. El. Psy. Kongroo.

Someone remake a fanmade version of Ever17 with this playing at the end please.

Edited by LemiusK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As for what I'm listening to - recently I got first four Maiko Fujita's (藤田麻衣子) albums, and there was this song:

If I'm not mistaken it was also used in some anime OP or ED, but I don't know details. However loving all four records, and ordering more :D

Edited by adamstan

Holy crap, these lyrics... I always thought that Youjo Senki was one of the better war-drama anime out there, despite it not being necessarily the main "point" of the series. The horror and nonsense of the trench warfare feel super-real there, despite all the supernatural stuff happening.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak