What are you listening to right now?

Snowtsuku

@HataVNI Bruh, the lyrics in TUYU's "I'm getting on the bus to the other world, see ya!" K.O.-ed me- 🙃 It would have been nice for its sequel song "If there was an endpoint" to be linked too - the entire story/ intended message is only complete that way. 🤧

--------------------

Anyway, I'm here to share some songs and music that I think are nice as nighttime/ bedtime music.

Videos under spoiler blocks.

• Epitone Project - 선인장 (Cactus)
Spoiler

• White Forest Music v2 from ArcheAge MMO
Spoiler

• Don Besig's Flying Free performed by Forever Yang Virtual Choir
Spoiler

• S.H.E. - 星星之火 (Fire of Heaven)
Spoiler

Have a great weekend and week ahead~ 🌠

Edited by KuroKairin
made friendly suggestion sound more friendly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please forgive my spam, but I really have to share it with you (and I'm actually listening to it on repeat for a last few days :D )

Recently I did a cover of "Yume no Tsubasa" (a song written by Yuki Kajiura, originally from "Tsubasa Chronicle" anime). I love this song, and wanted to do it for a long time, but it absolutely needs a female singer. And some time ago Yoko Matsuura (japanese local singer-songwriter from Otsu, whom I befriended thanks to very unexpected chain of events) invited me to do a collaboration video - so I suggested doing cover of this song together, and here's the result:

I played the keyboards and did all the programming and editing, while Yoko played piano - and we're both singing of course :)

On 12/11/2022 at 10:07 PM, Kururin said:

Recently found this song again: (so jamming it rn)

Also I been listening to this a lot since I am studying for finals :P

ooooh I loved the first one!! Tysm hehe and good luck for the finals!! :100:

also, your name reminded me of this cute song :watame: there's a lofi edit too~ :__:

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

bit generic, but in a pleasant way

That's my impression with a lot of japanese pop music :D I'm not opposed to generic music, as long as it's nice :)

As for my listening - recently I'm mostly listening to either Seiko Matsuda's or Akina Nakamori's 80s hits compilations :D

Good to see you back online :)

Edited by adamstan

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, Fujoneko said:

ooooh I loved the first one!! Tysm hehe and good luck for the finals!! :100:

also, your name reminded me of this cute song :watame: there's a lofi edit too~ :__:

OMMGG I love itttttt that song funny to find stuff related to my nick (really random nick haha). Sorry for taking so long to reply. I am not really active here much '-'. but happy to report my finals went all. Hopefully you are doing well~

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, adamstan said:

Interesting. Perhaps a bit too, how to say it..."cold"... for my usual taste, but neverheless interesting and well played :) 

Aye, she definitely has a very specific sound/vibe she's going for, but I found it admirable how much it stands out when even the better parts of Japanese indie pop are usually very samey. The sound and her whisper-singing could be annoying to some ears, but it's surprisingly skillful for someone this young. :)

Oh, and while I'm chain posting, why not drop another underrated thing ;]

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

17 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Aye, she definitely has a very specific sound/vibe she's going for, but I found it admirable how much it stands out when even the better parts of Japanese indie pop are usually very samey. The sound and her whisper-singing could be annoying to some ears, but it's surprisingly skillful for someone this young.

Yeah, definitely skillful. I guess whisper-singing is not my thing, if used as a default mode ;) And yeah, she definitely has quite "non-japanese" sound. My problem is that I actually like that "sameness" of japanese pop - their "vintage"/old fashioned melodies and chord progressions, that make it stand out from the modern mainstream euro or US scene.

Edited by adamstan

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...