What are you listening to right now?

Snowtsuku

On 7/18/2022 at 12:00 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

I think this is from a Western tour of some sorts? It seems like Yagami is one of those rare Japanese musicians that worked with Western producers and toured outside of Japan early on... And maybe I'm off, but it's hard for me to see a reason anyone would televise this, it's probably some kind of VHS or Laserdisc rip? It just circulates without context on YouTube. :)

Probably because she's married to a US-American who also produced a couple of her albums. It might also be the reason her English lyrics are less cringeworthy than those of most of her peers from the time period.

Anyways, her album Communication is perfect 80s kitsch from start to finish.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:03 PM, HataVNI said:

I did not know @Fujonekotaste was so great! I really love this one. Been listening to this a lot lately. 
Pay attention to ".feat flower :P"

Hiiragi Kirai my beloved 🛐🛐🛐🛐 flower might be just my favorite vocaloid, ngl (probably next to gumi)

Their newest release is also a banger omg

It does also have a human vocal ver, that is just as good aaa :sacchya: I've been listening to these non-stop :abipog:

36 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

She has a really good voice for singing city pop. Didn't even sound like a cover. ;)

She also has a nice range of genres she can sing, so it's really nice. I haven't been this invested in a streamer ever since I started to lean towards lurking in the vtuber fandom again. Feels nice reliving the feeling of just having your breath taken away by someone with so much talent.

Since I'm here again, might as well drop her original song:

1 hour ago, HataVNI said:

Man, Poppy sounds cool. But my first association was this other artist that is called "That Poppy"

I don't know if you know but that is the same artist, she went through some different phases, the full story isn't short and I can't tell it properly, so in short : She had some tough partnerships.

She basically went from this : 

To that : 

• 2 weeks later...

Sharing some songs that have been on my loop playlist at one point or another.

Theme for the set here is "Comfort", either in the sense of lightening the mood or bringing solace.

Videos under Spoiler blocks.

• Mayday 五月天 x flumpool - Belief
Spoiler

• Rocoberry - Console Myself
Spoiler

• Late Night Alumni - Rainy Days
Spoiler

• 郭静 Claire Kuo - 下一个天亮
Spoiler

Let the wall of beautiful noise blow you away. Anyway, I recently discovered that Japan might be the country with the best shoegaze scene around (at least after its first wave). J-rock typical chord progressions and its tendency for hymnic choruses work really well with a dreamy wall of noise it seems.

Edited by alpacaman