What are you listening to right now?

Snowtsuku

20 hours ago, adamstan said:

Love it :wub: That such songs are still being made in 21st century is why I fell in love with J-pop :D

I know it is very formulaic. It's just that J-pop formula resonates with me really well.

I think this one's barely 20th century (like 15 years old), but I guess it counts. And it's hard to argue, particularily with this live performance it's quite lovely. :)

I, on the other hand, have more fun than I've expected with Sakura Fujiwara's bootleg American folk. It somehow cracks me up that this kind of music is made in Japan. ^^

That's indeed nice :) Reminds me of some of the Kayoko Yoshizawa's songs.

19 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

It somehow cracks me up that this kind of music is made in Japan. ^^

I feel like Japanese popular music is essentially a mix of various pop traditions from all the world. From different time periods as well. And often it brings interesting and pleasing results :)

Edited by adamstan

43 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Nice (even if simple) playing, however I'm not big fan of that singing style ;) But overally nice song.

It's pretty fitting for American folk though. :D I actually like it myself, but there's also the fact this recording is from 2013, when she was just 17. She refined her singing a bit since then. :)

10 minutes ago, adamstan said:

It indeed is :D But the video is really bizarre - as were many of 80's MVs actually ;)

Indeed, although people say it's based on her personal trauma of working as a waitress and getting an intestinal disease out of stress. So it's symbolic. Some of it at least. Not sure about the closeup at the very beginning, but the rest... :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So now it's my turn ;)

I heard this song on a japanese local radio today, and for some reasons it really moved me:

The girl who made this song, Youko Matsuura, seems to be rather unknown, she doesn't have any records released, just couple YT vids with a few hundred viewers. And now she seems to be doing similar thing to me, namely recording cover songs in her home and posting them on YT ;)

And I'm really tempted to do a cover of the above song...

Speaking of which, a few weeks ago I did a cover of Anri Kumaki's song. It was my first attempt at singing in Japanese. Please forgive me for posting it here as well, but maybe someone will find it nice ;)

Edited by adamstan