What are you listening to right now?

Snowtsuku

Frank Sinatra has famously been called "The Voice" for as long as most of us can remember, but what most people probably don't know is that the Sinatra we've come to know from our parents is far from being the man at his best. This here is what I consider to be Sinatra at the peak of his singing ability, singing his signature song "Put Your Dreams Away (For Another Day)" under the Columbia label in 1945.

23 hours ago, DemonSabre said:

Frank Sinatra has famously been called "The Voice" for as long as most of us can remember, but what most people probably don't know is that the Sinatra we've come to know from our parents is far from being the man at his best. This here is what I consider to be Sinatra at the peak of his singing ability, singing his signature song "Put Your Dreams Away (For Another Day)" under the Columbia label in 1945.

For me I liked Sinatra best we collaborated with Jobim. Take this song for example you can just taste the absolute longing in his voice it's such a beautiful track

1 minute ago, Ranzo said:

For me I liked Sinatra best we collaborated with Jobim. Take this song for example you can just taste the absolute longing in his voice it's such a beautiful track

Well, I don't deny the beauty of his later music because he as an artist had multiple phases and he certainly improved his singing style later in life, and he certainly released some very intense emotional tracks as the years went by, however I personally tend to prefer his earlier works because to me they're a good balance of Sinatra's iconic phrasing, mixed with his early high vocal range which he unfortunately had already started to lose by the mid 50's, but if I had to pick a particular period of his later career in which I believe he was at his absolute best, it would definitely be in his album "No One Cares'', which is by far his darkest album. It's honestly pretty hard to find recordings from that album online, but here's one:

5 hours ago, DemonSabre said:

Well, I don't deny the beauty of his later music because he as an artist had multiple phases and he certainly improved his singing style later in life, and he certainly released some very intense emotional tracks as the years went by, however I personally tend to prefer his earlier works because to me they're a good balance of Sinatra's iconic phrasing, mixed with his early high vocal range which he unfortunately had already started to lose by the mid 50's, but if I had to pick a particular period of his later career in which I believe he was at his absolute best, it would definitely be in his album "No One Cares'', which is by far his darkest album. It's honestly pretty hard to find recordings from that album online, but here's one: