Madou Koukaku Translation Project

Advant

Hello!

A mate and I started translating Eushully's Madou Koukaku script  

Info about the game/VN can be found here; http://vndb.org/v11620

We started preparing for this project around a month ago but only started translating for a few days. We are currently working on the prologue which is probably going to be the only patch before a hopefully full release.

I will update this post from time to time so those who are interested can track the progress.

Current Progress:(9/16/2014)

Prologue :

Translated: 45.5%    

Edited: 25.0%          

Tested : 20.5% 

Thanks!

Blog ==> http://dyjtranslation.blogspot.com/

Edited by Zenophilious

I'd suggest you steal the existing interface patch translation, fix/edit it into something that actually resembles the original meaning, and spend all your time on the story...  tbh, interface translation alone can take weeks if you aren't careful.  Mainly what you'll probably need to fix are character and place names (speaking from experience).  There is no real point in fixing item names (endless work considering how many items/resources there are in this game), but for character and place names...

Ooooooh! An Eushully project!

These are the kinds of projects that I'd give my all in supporting!

Sadly, I have neither time nor talent to give.

But I can give cute pictures!

I hope you don't give up while progressing through the translation!

It would really crush my hopes and dreams to actually play this game.

It all lies with you though.

I still give you all my support!

Good luck, and may Lady Luck look your way!

Have a moe.

UDdijYE.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, don't know how to correctly phrase this so I'm going to just put down my thoughts. And if it's complete gibberish I'll elaborate. 

How will you release patches with this game? I don't know how Seiha did it since I found out about it after it was completed. But this is about the length of kamidori right? With a game that large, besides the routes will you be working on gameplay with the patches? Or will it story patches with no gameplay?

Edit: or maybe even no patches just the completed product

Hey, don't know how to correctly phrase this so I'm going to just put down my thoughts. And if it's complete gibberish I'll elaborate. 

How will you release patches with this game? I don't know how Seiha did it since I found out about it after it was completed. But this is about the length of kamidori right? With a game that large, besides the routes will you be working on gameplay with the patches? Or will it story patches with no gameplay?

Edit: or maybe even no patches just the completed product

The game is quite large and text heavy and we plan to translate  pretty much all of it, but i have no idea how it compares to Kamidori TBH.

Right now we are thinking just the prologue, the difficulty with releasing patches with this sort of game is that its fairly open in its branching, even including a no branch branch if that makes sense. This means every patch we release will have to come with some sort of guide to help people play the translated part of the game which isn't the original intended play style id say. There is also the issue of focusing the translation down a specific path which would definitely slow it down. But who knows, lots of things we planned not to do just ended up being done or were added to to the list so we will see how it goes.