[Post Game]Little Busters!

Snowtsuku

WARNING TO PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME

This is a post game discussion thread. This means that the discussions here will contain spoilers since it is to assume that the people who visit this thread was able to finish the game. This is you last chance to back out. Noone is responsible if the game is spoiled for you. I suggest you download Little Busters!, play it then go back to this thread after 40hrs+ of awesome game play.

WARNING TO PEOPLE WHO PLAYED LITTLE BUSTERS! EX

Since this is a Little Busters! thread, please refrain from posting spoilers about the 3 added routes. If you have to mention some spoilers for the sake of discussion, please place them inside the spoiler tags.

There are several things where I want people's opinion in the game. Why? Because I want to. Anyway, some of the things I want to ask your opinions about are written below.

Route Access

One interesting thing about Little Busters! is how the routes can be played. Like your typical VN, there are certain routes that you have to unlock namely Rin 2 and the Refrain. Aside from that, Little Busters! doesn't allow people to replay routes unless you finished the whole game. I understand the need to unlock Refrain and Rin 2 as both of them made sense when the secret of the world was revealed. However, I don't know why are we not allowed to replay a certain route without finishing it. I also don't know why Komari is an exception to this. I just thought that probably, it is because she is closer to Rin than any other girls.

Riki

Ok, this is not about Riki looking like a trap. I just think that Riki was not given that much detail in the story. It was not stated where he got his narcolepsy. It might be genetic by it was not stated as well. There is limited information about him, despite being the main character. I don't even know how his parent died. I just think having more detail about him will be better.

Kurugaya

I don't know why you have to finish the game just to get here true end. People say it's because you have to remember her, which is why you have to go back to her route. Well, whatever.

TL;DR Herp Derp.

Here is my answers. Spoilers so don't go reading the stuff yooou Peooople Unknooown toooo Theeee greatnessss of LB!!

Route Access

However, I don't know why are we not allowed to replay a certain route without finishing it. I also don't know why Komari is an exception to this. I just thought that probably, it is because she is closer to Rin than any other girls.

Komari didn't want to leave Rin alone, so she refused to stay back after Riki 'fixed' her problems. She is so nice~~

Riki

Ok, this is not about Riki looking like a trap. I just think that Riki was not given that much detail in the story. It was not stated where he got his narcolepsy. It might be genetic by it was not stated as well. There is limited information about him, despite being the main character. I don't even know how his parent died. I just think having more detail about him will be better.

Parents are unknown, I dont remember altleast.

Riki refused to accept the world, he thought it was too scary and lonely. Therefore he got narcolepsy which made him shut the world out randomly. You get this information when he goes back into his being (soul) and looks at his time of birth. He decides to change this, become a stronger person. He sees light of another person, (Rin) and decides that the world is worth living. Magic yaay.

Kurugaya

I don't know why you have to finish the game just to get here true end. People say it's because you have to remember her, which is why you have to go back to her route. Well, whatever.

Kinda puzzeling imo as well. Something about she will only accept you, if you still have strong enough will. But still chose to be with her.

TL;DR Herp Derp.

Riki

Kurugaya

TL;DR Herp Derp.

Perhaps the lack of Riki's detailed background is a strategy of KEY in order to launch prequels and such. I mean, this is a common move of VN companies in order to make fandisks and all that.

Kurugaya is truly a mystery, my favourite character after Rin. I'd like her "route" or true ending, whatever, to be more specifical chronologicaly, I mean, it takes place in the real world, the created one? Then again, I might be overlooking things -.-

Perhaps the lack of Riki's detailed background is a strategy of KEY in order to launch prequels and such. I mean, this is a common move of VN companies in order to make fandisks and all that.

Kurugaya is truly a mystery, my favourite character after Rin. I'd like her "route" or true ending, whatever, to be more specifical chronologicaly, I mean, it takes place in the real world, the created one? Then again, I might be overlooking things -.-

I don't think a prequel for LB will be possible.

So that's why when i finished Kurugaya's route, i felt uhmmm . . .

I like the route but the end seems lacking.

There is a true end. dry.gif

True. Go finish the game and get it :P

the following reply are clearly base on Night's personal opinion

Route Access

One interesting thing about Little Busters! is how the routes can be played. Like your typical VN, there are certain routes that you have to unlock namely Rin 2 and the Refrain. Aside from that, Little Busters! doesn't allow people to replay routes unless you finished the whole game. I understand the need to unlock Refrain and Rin 2 as both of them made sense when the secret of the world was revealed. However, I don't know why are we not allowed to replay a certain route without finishing it. I also don't know why Komari is an exception to this. I just thought that probably, it is because she is closer to Rin than any other girls.

There are also new scenes if you choose new game after clearing a route. (this method gives significant to the skip button)

About the route locks, Key just want you to focus on your goal? which is helping Rin and figuring the secret of the world.

At least that's what I think.

By the way, my favorite route was Haruka and Kanata, the drama there are intense after all.

Kurugaya

Indeed, her ending is kind of... how do I say this.

Anyway, my opinion is... wait, spoiler

Her route happens in a dream, that's why Kurugaya wants Riki to remember her on the real world, which requires the ending of Refrain.

So that's why when i finished Kurugaya's route, i felt uhmmm . . .

I like the route but the end seems lacking.

There is a true end. <_</>/>/>

True. Go finish the game and get it :P/>/>/>

Gah, I completely forgot to finish that true end too. I was sure I got everything covered with the exception of the EX routes.. Perhaps I forgot with my determination to complete Refrain.

But anyway, with regards to Riki...

I feel that if any additional information about Riki was given it would be slightly overbearing and irrelevant to the story. By indicating the important facts of how he got narcolepsy and how he joined the Little Busters, it provides all of the details needed for the story.. I believe that it was a good idea to leave it out. That's just my opinion though, I do wonder about it sometimes but perhaps that is part of the purpose.

Now, back to Kurugaya's route.

I'm a bit confused as to some of the details. What exactly was the purpose of any of the other girls' besides solving their problems and making Riki stronger. Also, will any of the changes (fixes) he has made carry over to the real world? For instance, will things still be resolved between Haruka and Kanata? Also, in regards to Kurugaya. Her wanting him to remember her in the real world? Wouldn't he already know her because technically all of them met previous to any of the events in the first 6 routes? I feel like I should add that I haven't completed Refrain yet. I found a recommended play order, and got so confused about what was happening in Kurugaya's route I ended up on a forum where I sort of found out about the whole bus accident and fake world.

I'm a bit confused as to some of the details. What exactly was the purpose of any of the other girls' besides solving their problems and making Riki stronger. Also, will any of the changes (fixes) he has made carry over to the real world? For instance, will things still be resolved between Haruka and Kanata? Also, in regards to Kurugaya. Her wanting him to remember her in the real world? Wouldn't he already know her because technically all of them met previous to any of the events in the first 6 routes? I feel like I should add that I haven't completed Refrain yet. I found a recommended play order, and got so confused about what was happening in Kurugaya's route I ended up on a forum where I sort of found out about the whole bus accident and fake world.

I not quite sure about this one but I think the personality changes affect you in real life. If you played refrain already and finished Rin2, you'll see that Rin was affected by the last incident there. Also, the changes on Rin' s personality reflect this. I don't know if this only applied to Riki and Rin as Kyosuke was able to remember everything. If this only applied to Riki and Rin I think the reason is because they created that world only for both of them with the purpose teach them and make them grow.

I not quite sure about this one but I think the personality changes affect you in real life. If you played refrain already and finished Rin2, you'll see that Rin was affected by the last incident there. Also, the changes on Rin' s personality reflect this. I don't know if this only applied to Riki and Rin as Kyosuke was able to remember everything. If this only applied to Riki and Rin I think the reason is because they created that world only for both of them with the purpose teach them and make them grow.

Hmm. Good point, it just seems kind of fruitless for him to help these people only to have their problems revert in the real world.