Your first VN experience

Wolfscythe

• 1 year later...

The title says it all. What was your first VN, my dear fuwas, and how was it? Did you enjoy the experience of playing your very first VN, or did you get bored of reading, or was it something else?

And if I may ask, how did you get into all of the VN stuffs?

My very first VN was G-Senjou no Maou (fan-translation). At first, I find it to be entertaining due to the character (Maou). But soon after, I got a little bit bored (maybe due to the story not focusing more on the mysteries?) and so, I decided to play the game at least 2 hours a day. Unfortunately, my HDD broke down and it was like "Bye-bye save data T_T". As for now, I would give the VN a 7/10 rating.

And, how exactly did I get into all of the VN stuffs? Long story short: Due to the influence of my brother. I'm really thankful to him.

Now, in the aftermath of all that stuff, I'm proud to say I love to play VNs.

So, how was it for you guys?

Edited by ヤミハナ
Still, font size problems

Little Busters was my first, and it was awesome. I'd seen the first season of the anime adaptation, but Refrain wasn't available yet. The teaser at the end of season 1 of the anime was too strong, so I eventually decided to go to the source material to get the full story as soon as possible, and that gradually started pulling me into the world of VNs.

The main reason I got into this was from watching anime adaptations of Key VNs, and also the Angel Beats anime. I've branched out a lot since then, but Key works in general, especially Little Busters, hold a special place in my heart.

I started Katawa Shoujo and a few other all-ages VNs, because the concept of a visual novel looked very interesting, and liked those for the most part, though I wouldn't call them amazing.. When I heard about Umineko, I decided to pick it up because I loved the Higurashi anime, and from that point on I was hooked.

It was Chou Dengeki Stryker, and I'm not sure it was the best start compared to everything else that I could have picked, but it was a blast to start me off and sucked me into the VN world, It was a lovely Vn that was light hearted but action packed and kept me hooked, really grateful I found VNs since I love to read, and a book with characters talking and images and music and sound effect...what better can one hope for? I discovered VNs because of the muv luv alternative total eclipse anime and after hearing about Muv-Luv, I jumped right in, but since I had trouble installing the game and the hype for this newly discovered  thing called VN, I decided to start off elsewhere and that's how I read  Chou Dengeki Stryker, of course I read the Muv-Luv series immediately after that, but it was a great start nevertheless

Kono Sora -> Little Busters! -> Rewrite -> Steins;Gate -> Grisaia no Kajitsu

Best 3(?) months of my life

~~
Prior to VNs I didn't read squat in my life, hated reading,

then I stumbled upon Kono Sora because :rimu:, and then realized that reading can indeed be fun when you have a heartwarming story with lovely art, pleasant music, quality voice acting, and of course, them glorious 2D grills :kosame: 

Edited by Eclipsed

Of all things, it was "Fragment's Note." At the time I only had Android to really work with. Sadly, there's not a lot of visual novels on the Google Play Store, and really, I had just typed in "anime games" on a lark and got that as one of the hits. I tried out the free version and liked it enough to pony up the modest amount for the full version. From there I went about trying to find more VNs, however as mentioned before there's not a lot for Android. I eventually bought a laptop so I could read more, but this was after getting a VN reader for my tablet for ported materials. I also ran across Katawa Shoujo, and apparently the creators aren't overly happy that someone ported it to Android. Oh well, I have the PC version as well.

Ever17 I think it was. I stumbled upon vndb when I was searching for some kind of information about Clannad, I don't recall how but I never really got into that VN. So I found Ever17 and got hooked. It was a good mix and with some good inspirational music which fit the atmosphere it was a success. 

Let's not talk about eroges I may or may not have discovered at the same time. :makina:

Pretty sure we've done this thread before :illya:

Anyways, for me its Grisaia on Kajitsu. My cousin brought it home for me, helped me install the patch and I was hooked after like 1 hour into the game.

Though after that, I found some VNs on my own, and the first and second VN I played were nekopara vol 1 and If my heart had wings. Loved if my heart had wings, and nekopara helped me appriciate the beauty of nekos. (Let's face it, without nekos this world would be in chaos!)

Not once during any of those 3 did I find myself bored, and so I was pretty much hooked on VNs instantly. Love at first sight :sachi:

Though now my stupid school keeps getting in the way, and I barely have time for 1 VN a month... :jinpou:

actually my first vns is th6 for busy people. 

i dont know about vn at that time but this is great or that is my only opinion.

<insert confession bear here>

after a year or 2 im craving for hentai but i can find any subtitles at that time and my pc is ancient at that time (only a few knew my specs at that time since ive post a screenshot there) and then i find castlefantasia (a great strategy game for me) and also a good story for me as well.

then after finishing it. i want to play something like that and i get sharin no kuni. my heart keeps beating at near end and im saying like "go! Go! gO! GO!" or something like that. a great time of my life

3 years later and my computer got improved and still playing vns...... fuck me right?

Pretty sure we've done this thread before :illya:

Lol sorry about that. I didn't check for older posts. I guess I'll take this opportunity to say "Maybe I'm just reviving the post? (Lame excuse)" 

Meh, its like buried by now. Doesn't hurt to get a new one going :P Don't think anyone minds to be honest.

*Gets slapped by the mods*

Owchie :michiru: