Your first VN experience

Wolfscythe

1 minute ago, Deep Blue said:

I think there is a post of this already

Hide contents

still my first vns was Katawa shoujo...the feels, the feels!!! I still cannot read lilly's route again, one day I will!!

Thought so... I need to get around to reading Kawawa Shoijo.

My first Vn was Katawa Shoujo and it's the one that introduced me to this magnificent and lovely world of Vn's....And i must mention that i got to know KS because i found some pictures of Shizune while googling around and it got me quite intrigued so i got it and played it, loved it.

I'm one of the few who actually liked Shizune too.

Spoiler

2237274-capture_20120305_221146.png

Spoiler

shizune__iphone_ipod_wallpaper__3rd_vari

:sachi:

Edit: Fk me, i had already posted here :yumiko: i just didn't want to check 13 pages to see if i had or not but i had on the previous one, im sorry everyone 

31 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

I'm one of the few who actually liked Shizune too.

haha yeah..

31 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

i had already posted here

I probably have done it twice too in this thread.. but who cares? :wahaha:

6 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

I still cannot read lilly's route again, one day I will!!

I know these feels.

My first visual novel was Private Nurse of all things. That's one you rarely see mentioned which is not really that surprising. I haven't read it since then and it was about seven/eight years ago so my memory of it is a bit vague. Try not to shoot me if my memory is wrong anywhere.

The main character is suffering from some (poorly explained) disease and some cute nurse shows up declaring she is going to live with him for a month and in that time cure him completely. Hilarity and drama of course ensues.The whole cast pretty much only consists of the main character, the (private) nurse, the childhood friend that wakes him up each morning, because of course she does, and the school nurse which seem to have some pretty unscientific ideas about medical treatment. It almost sounds like the premise of some nukige. :holo:

I remember thinking it was alright, but I doubt it would hold up today. In fact it probably wouldn't hold up even then but I didn't have anything to compare it with back then. I did like the idea that you unlocked afterstories after you finished a route. Sadly they were all very samey and mostly was an excuse to have more h-scenes. 

One day I might reread it to see how I would like it now but all in all I think I can thank Yume Miru Kusuri and Kira☆Kira a lot more for my interest in visual novels.

14 hours ago, MercyZombie said:

One day I might reread it to see how I would like it now but all in all I think I can thank Yume Miru Kusuri and Kira☆Kira a lot more for my interest in visual novels.

I can save you the trouble. Private nurse was terrible, so don't waste your time. If you're going to read anything (old) by the same game maker then go play Heart De Roommate instead.

4 hours ago, ittaku said:

I can save you the trouble. Private nurse was terrible, so don't waste your time. If you're going to read anything (old) by the same game maker then go play Heart De Roommate instead.

I've actually already read Heart De Roommate. It didn't leave much of an impact. 

I'll keep your opinion in mind:sachi:. It's not really high priority anyway considering my huge backlog.

50 minutes ago, MercyZombie said:

I've actually already read Heart De Roommate. It didn't leave much of an impact. 

I'll keep your opinion in mind:sachi:. It's not really high priority anyway considering my huge backlog.

I wasn't implying Heart De Roommate was awesome. It's just that Private nurse was shithouse.

My first VN had to be Phoenix Wright. I tried it one time in 2010 and the concept of a story being the largest aspect in a game rather than the gameplay was a unique experience. Because of that, I felt more immersed than I normally was while playing any other game.

As someone who plays games for their music and not just for the gameplay mechanics and story, knowing that VNs put strong emphasis on music made me want to experience them more. And thus, I found 999 as my first official VN (in-case some would think the Phoenix Wright series isn't really classified as a VN).

Nonetheless, if it wasn't for Phoenix Wright or 999, I wouldn't have stumbled on other great VNs today that further changed my personality in the best possible way.

• 1 year later...

First one I've seen? A let's play of the first Ace Attorney game. Then earlier this year, someone streaming some of Steins;Gate.

First one I've played? Grisaia no Kajitsu (like so many others here apparently xD). Laughs were had, feels were experienced, and a certain flashback (and especially it's music) are forever burned into memory, due to how haunting it was.

I've since played Kono Oozora ni Tsubasa wo Hirogete (one of the routes had an amazing finale), Grisaia No Meiyuu (dat cliffhanger ending, and the unrated version of the next game isn't out yet), and Katawa Shoujo (pretty unique, I liked some of it's characters).

Currently playing through CLANNAD...

2 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Oh, revive you ancient thread! :nokia:

Just wanted to create a similar topic and decided to search through the existing ones instead.

My first VN was Rewrite.

Thread necromancy is an ancient and noble art indeed. :3

The first VN I've ever played was Analogue: A Hate Story, it grabbed me in a huge way and probably very much influenced my perspective on the genre (with how much I like smaller, western made ones and stuff...). Although I've started reading VNs consistently much later. 

The first Japanese one, years after that, was Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps-. I pretty much instantly fell in love with it and it definitely cemented my taste for yuri. But even more than that, I still consider it the prettiest game I've ever played.

I hope the other three parts get their English releases soon. In a few years I should get my Japanese to the level good enough to read the originals, but I don't want to wait that long. :'(

Edited by Plk_Lesiak