Alice Soft — Translated Titles

Kosakyun

Well here it is! Part 2 of the first post in the thread! Due to image limit, a second post was necessary in order to continue the update of games related to Alicesoft being translated! This was intentionally made in order for us Alicesoft fans and those who want to try the games out to enjoy and relish in the easy accessing of the catalog of translated games! This was also made with the intention of appreciating and celebrating the efforts of the translation teams who put their hard work in translating these games.

Now, without further ado, the second part of the first post!

TRANSLATED TITLES

e2Wq7af.png

Little Princess

Translation by: Ludo-Rathowm and Aten Gnu

http://vndb.org/v7361

Download link: here

18389.jpg

Mamatoto ~A Record of War~

http://vndb.org/v1860

Translation by: Arunaru

When downloading the original game, do uncheck all other games in the torrent, unless you want to download all of Alicesoft's games included in there, which you are free to do so.

TRANSLATIONS IN PROGRESS

1119.jpg

Beat Blades Haruka

http://vndb.org/v284

Translation by: jenova3new

Progress: 29.7% translated, 0% edited

Project Page

TRANSLATORS

KeYokKN.png

Seiha Translations

Or should I say, Aroduc's translation? Our thanks goes to Aroduc here for translating Daibanchou! Big Bang Age for us. Cheers!

Homepage is at http://games.seiha.org/

FlwaXoP.png

HGTP Translations

HGTP was the group who set off to translate Rance I and Rance 02! They became defunct after releasing a patch for the Rance Quest demo however.

Homepage is at http://rancetranslationproject.blogspot.com/

Yandere Translations

Yandere Translations brought us Sengoku Rance.

Sadly, they've become defunct as well.

Their homepage has also been eliminated.

Alicesoft Update:

This update is somewhat unrelated to the translations, but instead is about the series that is being translated.

The translators have stated that they will pick these up after they're released though.

It might be a little late, but to inform the people who didn't know...

Rance 03 is scheduled to be released in 2015, which is next year.

At least, that's what I've been hearing.

To further support my finds, have the sample artwork.

8CSnohl.jpg

As you can see, the art of 03 is closely related to 01. This means that 03 is again being drawn by the 01 CG artist, which goes by the name of Gyokai if I'm not mistaken. We can then expect a visual feel similar to that of 01, assuming that some of us has already played it.

In other related news, in case that you guys haven't heard of it, the Rance series is ending with the 10th game in the main series, Rance X. Here's a sketch of Rance X.

4wVWzTi.jpg

The sketch shows Dark Lord Kayblis up against Rance and his party, which has been an anticipated battle for a long time. The 25-year old series will finally end with the 10th installment, ending with it Rance's adventures. The game is slated to be released in 2016, two years from now. Let's hope that it'll be the best out of the games.

The official blog post stating the development of these games is here.

In case people didn't know, TADA is also planning to remake Little Princess, a sort of prequel to the Rance series. It follows the adventure of Kentarou Ogawa and Kurusu Miki, after being taken by Gi from the 3E2 Dimension, which is modern Japan.

Here is a sample artwork.

nsv1XR3.png

I've been thinking of renaming the thread to something else, since I think I won't be updating solely on translations, but rather on Alicesoft-related things. I wonder...

8CSnohl.jpg

Ahh, that statue. Am I the only one who think "I wonder if I can H it" the first time I see it? W-Well not like I actually want to see it or anything.

I've been thinking of renaming the thread to something else, since I think I won't be updating solely on translations, but rather on Alicesoft-related things. I wonder...

Hmm, "Alicesoft-related news"? Or just "Alicesoft Thread"? Well "General Alicesoft Thread" might do the job too. But if you are going to do that, then I think this thread should be moved to VN Talk or something since this thread is not solely about fan tl discussion anymore, I think.

First time I saw it, I tried to hump it.

Damn me. Too Rance-y.

I know right? I'm sure I spent at least 5 minutes to see if I can do it, not to mention the frequent re-check whenever I get the chance to come back home. 

It's only news though. We could always start a new thread for general discussions concerning Alicesoft games. If enough people are willing, I can make one. You know why?

Because Alicesoft is eroge maker!

Well, that's up to you. If you want to make one, why not go and make one?

Update:

Aten Gnu is alive.

He has given a concrete number in terms of what he's translated, but it's basically the same thing.

Aw1XX69.png

He's officially back in action.

Also, Arunaru has now officially announced the Mamatoto project!

A percentage has also been given for the amount he has translated.

Go check it out here!

Maria will now also switch to announcing progress in Sundays.

Social life has been taking a toll for her.

The translators now have twitter accounts. Go look if you want to.

Ludo-Rathowm

Tulip Goddess Maria

Guyzoo

Aten Gnu

Arunaru

Also, would you people like an Alicesoft Thread in VN Talk?

I'd be more than willing to make one.

I'd also update on Alicesoft games, and other stuff.

It'd also be a good place to talk about the games. <3

Note that the blog is unlikely to post about mamatoto since it's not really a VN, though I realize it holds some interest for Alicesoft fans. You could certainly try to convince me otherwise though (and I suppose when the actual patch/game is released, we can consider it if it's a slow news week).

Note that the blog is unlikely to post about mamatoto since it's not really a VN, though I realize it holds some interest for Alicesoft fans. You could certainly try to convince me otherwise though (and I suppose when the actual patch/game is released, we can consider it if it's a slow news week).

It's mkay. I'm doing this solely for the satisfaction of Alicesoft fans.

Though my brain lagged when you mentioned the blog.

Anyway, Alicesoft does tend to focus more on the gameplay.

We can't ignore the fact that their games do have a good setting, say, the Rance series.

But I'll go and try to convince you. <3

Otherwise, the Mamatoto translation would only be for those who actually want to discover the origins of the spin-off that is Widenyo.

What's your criteria for a visual novel anyway?

By the way, if this is considered derailing, then I'd be more than happy to continue it by messaging.

Update:

Tulip Goddess Maria delivers yet again! The Goddess doesn't falter even against the might of the Cartagra!

0HBLYfF.png

Seeing the progress as of now, this gives the people an idea of how big Rance Quest truly is, and how big a job Maria has taken upon herself. No worries, the Goddess will deliver. She's the most competent of all of the translators of 2.0!

Meanwhile, there seems to be some sort of commotion in twitter.

kdT1xsW.png

J4WtHE6.png

In case you didn't know, Raymon C. Berksham was the Dark Lord who kidnapped Miki for Demon King Gi back in his reign. However, he died after an item had been used on him, making him cry blood.

Another Dark Lord then ends his misery using his own hands.

Also, the text in the green text box is an example of Ogawa Kentarou's shitty adventuring narration. Or rather, it's his shitty way of relaying things to the player. The shittiness is further emphasized by Aten Gnu, where he tweets examples of Kentarou's monologues. In the end, Aten Gnu succumbs to the increasing stupidity and gives up trying to comprehend this way of adventuring.

If you still haven't taken the hint, the two translators seem to be working on another project. What else could it be besides Little Princess? Little Princess is the prequel to the Rance series. Not a full prequel, but a sort of look into how Kurusu Miki became Little Princess. It's an ADV game in which you play as Ogawa Kentarou, where you have to type in the commands in order to advance the story. Yes, as TADA himself states, it is utterly illogical. Hence, using a walkthrough is recommended.

The translators haven't officially announced it, but we can assume the secret project due to the different tweets in twitter. Or Ludo's just going to make us despair again.

Update:

After a long time, Ludo has once again delivered!

BzuhKfP.png

The highly-anticipated secret project is finally here!

Except it wasn't a secret anymore. Especially after some people posted screenshots about the supposed project.

As you people know, Little Princess is an insanely illogical ADV game created by Alicesoft, which in that time was going by the name Champion Soft. It tells the story of Ogawa Kentarou's adventure to save Kurusu Miki after she had been kidnapped by Count Dracula (he was retconned into current canon as Demon King Gi). The game uses a command type gameplay in which you type a 'verb' 'noun' to execute different commands in the game. The thrill is that you have no hint or idea what to do. Even TADA himself had commented that he really didn't know what the heck was happening. That was after replaying it though. You continue typing these commands until you reach your destination, Count Dracula's castle. That's where you'll be saving Miki.

Of course, the game is insanely illogical, so don't be surprised if you suddenly hit a dead end. It's natural. I recommend playing it without a playthrough, since you'll be having fun actually trying out different commands to satisfy whatever conditions you need to satisfy!

The official translation post is here.

Also, fun fact:

'

Rape' 'person' is a legit command, while 'Kiss' 'person' isn't. Oh Kentarou, how kichiku!

Update:

I guess this is kind of late, but I didn't know that it was official.

Beat Blades Haruka is being translated!

test1_zps631a339e.jpgtest2_zps275bd10f.jpgUpdate1_zps2cf8849d.jpg

I didn't think anyone other than Aroduc would actually try and translate this, but oh well.

I don't even know if he's translating it, since I'm actually too lazy to make an account in Seiha to see for myself. If he is, then do message me and I'll check it out.

The project started around May 2013 and is now at approximately 29.7% (35803/120684) lines translated. The translator has stated that it might take a few more years if no additional translators help him with the project. Also, it seems that his laptop was stolen, taking all the edited lines with him too.

This will again test our hope. Do not despair, fuwans! Salvation is at hand.

Project page is here.

If you would suggest me to play some of the Rance games, what would you recommend? I am not that picky with the artstyle. I just want to have great time. I know you suggest me to play from the first game and onwards. I have already played Sengoku Rance and replayed it a couple of times. Completed a big part of Sengoku but not everything. Some of them are so damn hard.

If you would suggest me to play some of the Rance games, what would you recommend? I am not that picky with the artstyle. I just want to have great time. I know you suggest me to play from the first game and onwards. I have already played Sengoku Rance and replayed it a couple of times. Completed a big part of Sengoku but not everything. Some of them are so damn hard.

I would hardly call this salvation. :( Seems like the only translator is indonesian and his english is very poor.

I agree. It's better than nothing though.

I guess we need a proper QC'er if we ever want to see this in its best.

The translator is looking for help, so if you want to, you could help him.

I'm still wondering if Aroduc's translating it. I'll look into it.

Edit: Apparently no.

Update:

It is a bit late, so sorry for that!

I had intended to post this earlier today, but the internet didn't allow me to!

Anyway, here's the regular update!

Tulip Goddess Maria had a bit of progress, now having 15.69% messages and 73.83% strings translated!

It isn't much, but it's better than nothing.

Meanwhile, Arunaru had announced his intention of translating Rance VI if he does not see progress from 2.0 Translation on the game.

xmhOowX.png

Shortly after, Ludo and Aten Gnu came forward with renewed motivation.

mPaGuc8.png

1GKYhFF.png

This was with the update of the 6.5% progress of Rance VI.

If all goes according to plan, then we'll be seeing a lot of progress in the upcoming weeks!

I say trust in Ludo and Aten Gnu!

It all depends on who'll translate it in the end, anyway.

Have a cute Rizna while you wait:

6V4icTu.jpg

tldr: Rance Quest progress, Arunaru might translate Rance VI, Ludo working on Rance VI, Aten Gnu resuming work on 5D. Oh, Aristoles still dead.

Update:

It seems that Maria now updates at a time that I'm not reading the general.

Rather, at a time when I'm either asleep or at school.

Anyway, as our Goddess Maria promised, her weekly update!

BH94VqX.png

Due to her projects from Mangagamer and JAST, she might go slower in translating Rance Quest. The translation, as Maria had said, might be limited to the strings for a while, for these are the easy ones to translate. Despite the numerous projects Maria is taking part in, she still affords to make a little progress with her translation each week. Ain't she a role model?

She knows we're pirating. Shit.

Sumaga's translation supposedly finished a long time ago, she's also not listed on the tlwiki's page for it. Maybe she was called in to TLC but I was thinking it was going to be an unannounced game otherwise she would have said what it was. But the only unannounced JAST project I can think of is Eiyuu Senki (supposedly they licensed the PC version separately from Fruitbat Factory's license of the ps3 version) and you can't do 30% of that in a couple weeks. And it's more of an Aroduc project anyways.

Hmmm, there are some secrets our mortal minds are not meant to know just yet.