Alice Soft — Translated Titles

Kosakyun

Can't wait Rance 5D, VI and Quest (magnum)! I can't get to Kichikou or Sengoku, and in 4.1 and 4.2... it's seems we can't heal (well, with a item we can) #_#

I finished Rance 02, III and IV. Also finished Toushin toshi 1 (with the help of x10 exp and gold)!

I saw a pic of the battle in Rance IX, remind me of Rance III and IV :P

Update:

Once again, Tulip Goddess Maria delivers!

Rance Quest still going steady. Now at 14.84% messages and 69.72% strings translated!

Truly the translator gods do not lie!

Well at least some of them.

Here's the actual update:

a9iihNz.png

My favorite Rance 2 character. I can't wait to play her in Rance Quest.

tumblr_ln2qkhqFZx1qeo9kyo1_500.jpg

I was totally unsatisfied with her scene in Rance 02.

Good thing Rose was there!

Update:

By the love of the gods (Ludo), the Rance series has met its match!

Sometime yesterday, at least in my region, a new translator appears and proclaims the message of a new translation! 

j566uZ8.png

Finally getting to see 2013 Lia getting screwed.

HUZZAH! RANCE 01 IS BEING TRANSLATED! AND JUST IN TIME FOR A 1-YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Although Rance 01 was released back in September 27, 2013. I-It's just 3 days!

Anyway, this also marks a milestone in the translation of the Rance games. With the inclusion of Rance 01 in the translation projects, all Rance games are being translated as of now. I, 02, III, IV, 4.1, 4.2, Kichikuou, and Sengoku have been translated while 01, 5D, VI, Quest, and IX are being translated as of now. If you consider II and 02 kaikai though...

IX has been reported to be the one leading in progress, and so we can't help but to think that IX will come before the other games, as Ludo himself has said.

LsdoL4v.png

Well then. That gives all of the non-JAP readers a lot of hope! Here's to some of us hoping that this isn't another plot to promote despair all throughout the fanbase, as the previous translation of 5D and VI did. Rance 02 kaikai might have a chance of being translated too, as some of the staff members of 2.0 Translations are dissatisfied with the work that HGTP did with Rance 02.

Well, that's the end of the update for now. Let's wait and see what the event will bring us!

Will it be joy? Or will it be what Ludo wants, despair?

Oh and also, Ludo-Rathowm was changed to Rudrassaum by Arunaru in the game he translated, Kichikuou Rance.

Here are some pictures from Rance 01 in order to contain my hype:

8ixL1Tg.pngUH2QAnT.jpg8gJgQqx.jpgOTxClB4.jpgFhFGvHI.png50hfevc.png

ClVGyKn.png

Best girl.

DKSYZYC.png

PYB2D0i.pngq1DEWs7.pngsvEIyY9.pngknRF1iZ.png

Damn. So far, this year has been delicious for the Rance fanbase.

Do give our translators thanks!

Oh, but don't do that in their site. 

Here's to a delicious year!

csMVT2B.jpg

Anyway, this also marks a milestone in the translation of the Rance games. With the inclusion of Rance 01 in the translation projects, all Rance games are being translated as of now. I, 02, III, IV, 4.1, 4.2, Kichikuou, and Sengoku have been translated while 01, 5D, VI, Quest, and IX are being translated as of now. 

Very happy with this. The Rance games scratch my "gameplay itch" better than any other translated VN.

So is there a hentai scene of Miki in this one? Or does she blow you up for another Game Over like Sengoku? 

It's not a hentai scene. It's the remake of the scene where you try to get her panties, I guess.

You sort of need it in order to get more information. At least, that's what I remember from Rance I. Miki isn't really plot relevant in 01, and so you'll only be seeing her in one event. She has no h-scene, since she'll blow you up. Kentarou doesn't show up in I as far as I'm concerned.

If you want to H Miki without a game over, go rape her in Kichikuou. Be prepared for the consequences though...

Very happy with this. The Rance games scratch my "gameplay itch" better than any other translated VN.

I am amazed at how logic works in the games. It's like they pull it out of nowhere. Like how am I supposed to know that this is here!? Anyway, that's the thrill of the game. If you ever hit a wall, there's always a walkthrough.

I wonder how a translated

I'm playing Kichikou right now (put if off for a bit). Slow first 5 minutes, but after that, back to good 'ol Rance story.

I just recently finished the game myself and it was pretty nice. It's also cool on how the more you play the more you see what was changed for Sengoku and some of the other titles.

Gekkou's LN translations have known to have poor grammar but they've gotten much better over time. Good news for the Rance fans out there.

They'll be checking it anyway. No worries.

The whale should be doing his job, since I don't see him translating anymore.

Though it's nice that he has gathered a lot more manpower than from when he started.

A bright future is ahead of us!

Pi-R will be checking it anyway. And the anons in 4chan tend to report mistakes they find in the game. 

I don't think Ludo would want a poorly translated Rance game to be released. It would give a bad reputation to their translation group, seeing that the reason they started translating the series is because of their intense love for it and their desire to share it with the non-English speaking community. Although his efforts weren't in vain, he also succumbed to a dying motivation.

Good thing he has Management Level 2.

Update:

Looks like Arunaru is translating Mamatoto. Mamatoto is the original game on which Mamanyonyo was based on, which then got a widescreen all-ages remake named Widenyo. Here's some evidence on Arunaru messing with Mamatoto.

1412138245109.png

Last October 1, 2014, Arunaru had a poll in which two games were made as choices. The question was which game would /haniho/ want to see translated? The choices were Atlach-Nacha or Mamatoto. Arunaru clearly stated that he wouldn't necessarily translate the one having more votes. Although Atlach-Nacha did win by a small margin, Arunaru still went and started translating Mamatoto. This might not be an official project yet. Therefore, I'm stalling the putting of Mamatoto onto the progress post on the first page until Arunaru verifies that he'll finish it until the end or if he posts translation progress at least once.

Let's pray to the translating gods, fuwans!

For more info on the game, look here.

I'm too lazy to make a new topic so I guess I'll just ask this here.

Question! I've played all of the translated Rance games except for Kichikuou (which I am planning to, soon™) and 02. The question is, is 02 really worth playing? I played the digest version of Rance II so I don't know anything about the gameplay but I heard it is quite... tedious. Does it get improved in the remake? Btw, 02 is the one where Rance meets Maria for the first time right?

I'm too lazy to make a new topic so I guess I'll just ask this here.

Question! I've played all of the translated Rance games except for Kichikuou (which I am planning to, soon™) and 02. The question is, is 02 really worth playing? I played the digest version of Rance II so I don't know anything about the gameplay but I heard it is quite... tedious. Does it get improved in the remake? Btw, 02 is the one where Rance meets Maria for the first time right?

I played the digest then the remake so don't know about the gameplay of the original, but there is some grinding to do in the remake and it does get quite tedious after a while, but I do think it was worth it since it wasn't too bad and I did have fun playing it. And yeah this is where you first meet Maria and the other girls of Kathom for the first time. 

Update:

As it has been every week, another progress report by Tulip Goddess Maria!

MjqqtUw.png

It's better late than never. Was too lazy to post it a while ago.

Quest is steadily progressing, while 5D and VI are once again on-hold. 

Apparently, Aten Gnu has relocated himself to a site near Ludo-Rathowm. Given that he had moved, his translation has been stalled. However, his last post had indicated that he will indeed continue the translation after he has settled down. And with him near Ludo and all, who knows what despair he might feel!

Aristoles is still taking his exams. Let us hope that these exams aren't the one that Guyzoo took, rendering his project indefinitely stalled.

Arunaru, being one of the most productive of the translators, has also graced /haniho/ with an update concerning Mamatoto. Continuously posting images showing the translation of Mamatoto, he now has delivered to us the opening for Mamatoto!

You can find it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHYRpFlhJjw

It is once again a fruitful week. Don't lose hope!