Alice Soft — Translated Titles

Kosakyun

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:24 PM, Arunaru said:

For those who are interested, Haruka's now up for preorder at: https://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=0&product_code=163

And I can answer questions about it here if people have any.

Ooh interesting! I think I actually got Euphoria from there yesterday (unless I'm remembering wrong). I'll have to check this out. ^_^

• 4 months later...

Short answer - Yes, I know. And if you could understand Japan, maybe you better play remake version

Long answer - I would suggest just check LP for both version if you want to find the difference if you didn't care about spoiler. Here's the LP playlist at Youtube for original and here's another for remake. From there, you could decided which is the version that you want to play. For the difference, original was translated, but the graphic and gameplay was quite old ie outdated, and for the remake here it was had much more modern graphic and improved gameplay, and most importantly they add voice (Also it's still untranslated). In case you still curious, once again I would suggest just check the video for LP. Hope it help.

Thanks, an LP was a good idea. Never would have thought there would be a LP of a Rance game on youtube lol.

Just looking at the a little bit of the early game it looks like they changed the script substantially and some of the event details as well so I'll go through them both probably. My Japanese is pitiful too so maybe someone will translate the remake in the meantime :)

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, synncahn said:

Hi. Download links for Widenyo, Rance III and Kichikuou Rance aren't working. Could you reupload them, please?

Not really the uploader for those files, so if they're down, you'll need to look for them on your own again.

Rance III and Kichikuou Rance are titles I can help with, since they're now freeware from Alicesoft. You can easily find them via a certain eroge download website.

But for Widenyo, you're on your own. In fulfillment of Fuwa's new policies regarding piracy of visual novels, I cannot help with anything that isn't declared free ware by the company that produced and distributed it. You'll have to look for it yourself, if you're desperate. Or you could buy a legal copy, if it is still available somewhere. Widenyo's found in the Alice 2010 set released by Alicesoft, but it's fairly old, so it might be hard to find now. Especially if you're outside Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

In regard of Rance 01 translation, there is nothing to answer in regard of English translation, because it seems that there's no English translation project for Rance 01. Although if we speaking about another language translation, Rance 01 had one though (In Chinese language).

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 2:11 AM, FinalChaos said:

Damn just can't believe that the Rance series is actually going to finish now.

Perhaps, but I get the feeling we may see The Continent in future Alicesoft games. 

Spoiler

Rance currently has three children with four on the way at the time of the end of the ninth game. A post Rance game involving one or more of them traveling a war-torn countryside plagued with desperate bandits and the remains of the fiend armies could be great. 

• 1 month later...

Finally we have Evenicle engine work finished and it was in testing as of now, although it's still not in real beta testing though according to Doddler so for now it wouldn't count as the testing in Mangagamer progress list for now. But hey, this still a progress anyway for Evenicle. Here's Doddler's tweet below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Doddler/status/954421786308837376

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just in case someone still searching for those three, you can download Rance 2 in here although it would be better play 02 version that was released by Mangagamer anyway. While for 03, well you better buy it if I may say something although obviously you can do some searching on how to buy it. Lastly for 04 remake, obviously there's still not developed yet so of course there won't be a game to get there.

• 7 months later...

I don't think that there's no need for emulator seeing that almost all of Alicesoft VNs are available in PC, although the older one may need to use PC-98 emulator here. There's also 3DS version of Toushin Toshi which somehow is only available for 3DS alone, so you may try Citra to see whether the emulator can run the game or not (For the info I did try several 3DS game with Citra, and some of the game suffer massive FPS drop).