Much owl very cute

Superal

Hey lads!

Were you attracted by this fantastically fantastical topic title? If not, get the hell outta here, because owls ARE cute.

That was a sidenote, but I had to clarify this once and for all, but I'm not here to talk about those wonderful beasts right? ^^

I'm Superal, a belgian freshman in interpretation/translation in Mons' university in English and Dutch. That ain't difficult to understand, is it? :P

Basically, I'll study how to translate a text from those two languages into my native language which is French. Sounds boring?~~

I discovered Visual Novels at the end of July with the well-known Katawa Shoujo and I quickly felt in love with this kind of... book/game (don't hit me, but are VNs considered as books or games, or none? (or both? :D)). I've kept playing some other VNs before -OWL- finding Fuwanovel (which is so far my favourite VN-oriented website by the way, gratz to the webmasters :P). I'm currently going through Key's games (this is classic I guess) and I played some other great VNs such as 999, Clannad, The way we all go, etc.

Then, I thought: Okay, how about registering on this forum, that sure would be great to meet people having the same hobbies than me... ^^

And eventually, here I am. I'm currently a translator from Pure Ribbon Studios' first Visual Novel named "Yamasaki no natsu". You should check out our thread in the "Ongoing projects" category, that'd be great! :D

What about my hobbies then? Imma make a list, that would be much easier to read for you (Gosh I'm so kind):

1) Languages and words

Yup, that's a hobby! :D I pretty much love anything related to words and languages, and that could lead us to the next 2 points (but not now).

I speak French, English and Dutch fluently already and I've been learning Spanish for two years as well as German for a few months. I'm also in the process of learning Japanese to be able to read much more Visual Novels than I currently can... ^^

Words, then? Yeah, I think that reading "The way we all go" made me realize how important the usage of proper words is for the well-being of human sanity (No kidding). Languages are rich, and despite that it's really hard to express exactly how you feel using words. An emotion is some kind of a mix of other emotions and circumstances that is surely too difficult to express using -OWL- mere words. That's harsh for the lovers of words like me to admit, and that's why I strive to widen my vocabulary every day in order to be able to render my emotions as words as faithfully as possible. (much "as", very wow)

2) Reading

That's the second point I was talking about, when you hear "words" you certainly think about reading, don't you? That's it, I love words so much that I need to enlarge my vocabulary, and the best way to do so it to read, a lot... That's why I try to read a few books per month as well as playing a few hours of VNs per week. Let alone the newspaper and the articles I read on internet, of course. ^^

3) Music

That's such a common hobby that I sometimes feel bad about saying it. Have no clue why... :(

My favourite genre is EDM (which stands for Electronic Dance Music) that regroups Electro, House, Progressive, Nu Disco, Drum n' Bass, Dubstep, Drumstep, Chill, etc. Yeah, that's wide. I do know by heart a few thousands of songs from this category (listening to 5-10 new songs per day, choosing the best ones and listening to them the whole day).

Then comes Nightcore. It's a genre that basically stands for "sped up pop songs", even though in the arcanes of nightcore you can only found Euro dance music sped up. -OWL- Originally, pop songs sped up can not be considered as nightcore but I don't know where to regroup them otherwise... After all this technical shit, yeah, I love nightcore :D

Finally, a genre that I discovered a few months ago is Japanese Pop/Rock. That surely convinced me to learn Japanese as well. My favourite group is DIAURA and so far I've loved every song they wrote and composed. ~

4) Video Games

I've been playing video games for the major part of my life. Could not list them here, but I'm really into Trackmania (1&2) in which I'm playing for the Belgian National Team and for zero eSports, which stands in the 50 best teams in the world. (Yup i'm bragging :D)

I love League of Legends as well. And some other games, I'm too lazy to talk about 'em now :D

That's basically all I could say about me.

I hope you -OWL- did enjoy your reading (and I'd be glad if you read the whole topic ^^)

PS: I hid 4 "OWL"s in my topic in order to apologize to master Rooke the utterly benevolent. Sorry senpai I failed to deliver (I ain't a pizza-guy though).

Greets,

Sup'

Thanks! :P Yep, owls are awesome, no doubt about that! :D

My favourite... I'd say Katawa Shoujo because you always remember your first times (and I feel nostalgic, even though it was one and a half month ago xD)

But so far I've really loved clannad as well, looking forward to playing Rewrite when I'm done with Clannad ^^

Oh, and my favourite genre is Nakige, I guess ^^ Eroges are fun to play as well inbetween two sad games. Haven't played any utsuge yet though ("The way we all go" could be considered as such if you don't manage to get a good ending :D)

Anyway, hope I'll love the time I'll spend here :)

Were you attracted by this fantastically fantastical topic title? 

Yes. Apparently my self-restraint was no match for your malevolent and cunning mind…Owls :3

1) Languages and words

Yup, that's a hobby!  :D I pretty much love anything related to words and languages, 

2) Reading

That's it, I love words so much that I need to enlarge my vocabulary, and the best way to do so it to read, a lot... That's why I try to read a few books per month as well as playing a few hours of VNs per week. Let alone the newspaper and the articles I read on internet, of course. ^^

Hello rooke,

My god you're funny xD

I'm afraid I restrained myself too much by not putting enough owls in my wonderful and complete description and I apologize if I offended and disappointed you in any manner.

Anyway, I hid for you 4 "OWL"s in my first topic, so if you ever want to look after them you should head back right now at the top of the page. Have fun! :D

Ohhh kawaii desu! :D

Thanks everyone, i'll take note of everything you said... ^^

@Mr. Meogii: I sure do! I'll pm you my favourite picture. Thanks for the nice words, I try to be as enjoyable as possible as a person ^^

@Emi: I could make an album with my favourite owl pictures if you want? :D Just gotta find the time ^^

@madvanced: As said above, I try to be as optimistic and fun as possible :D Feel free to add me on skype, it's mentioned in my profile :P

@Flutterz: Thanks for the pic, I'll make the list as you said, that sounds great and easy ;)

Welcome to fuwa, you seem to be pretty fun and a good person (I admit I came on this topic at first because of the title which made me laugh but don't get me wrong I think owl are cute too ;) )

I think we can become good lads as our hobby are pretty similar (that is to say languages, reading and video games).

But again welcome to the forum and I hope to see you again in some topics :)

Hi monmon,

Thanks for the pic, I kinda like it ^^ (Don't mind the "kinda", it's just that I can't put my finger on whether I like it or not :D)

I'll write down you favourite VN, i'll read it if I have time ^^

I didn't know there was an owl café in Japan, sounds great :o

I'll have to visit that if I ever go in this country, thanks for sharing :P

Greets,

Sup'

Hi monmon,

Thanks for the pic, I kinda like it ^^ (Don't mind the "kinda", it's just that I can't put my finger on whether I like it or not :D)

I'll write down you favourite VN, i'll read it if I have time ^^

I didn't know there was an owl café in Japan, sounds great :o

I'll have to visit that if I ever go in this country, thanks for sharing :P

Greets,

Sup'

Hello fellow owl lover!

I love Noctowl, its actually a helpful member of my team on PWO :P

(And I was quite fond of building owl jars when I was into ceramics)

You're fitting in well with the community, it seems like you have a lot in common with many of us

And you are already contributing to the cause. Good luck on the Pure Ribbon project!