Muv Luv Alternative- Questions About VN Structure

Funyarinpa

So I just started Muv Luv Alternative. I thought it had no routes and a single ending, but that apparently isn't the case.

It seems there are "arcs", and choices.

1) Is there only one ending?

2) Do I unlock new arcs as the story progresses? How do the "arcs" work?

3) If there is only one ending (I am not sure about this), what do the choices change?

4) Is there a walkthrough, do the choices affect anything?

5) If there isn't a set order, what's the recommended order of reading the arcs?

So I just started Muv Luv Alternative. I thought it had no routes and a single ending, but that apparently isn't the case.

It seems there are "arcs", and choices.

1) Is there only one ending?

2) Do I unlock new arcs as the story progresses? How do the "arcs" work?

3) If there is only one ending (I am not sure about this), what do the choices change?

4) Is there a walkthrough, do the choices affect anything?

5) If there isn't a set order, what's the recommended order of reading the arcs?

Just be nice to whoever you like. You'll get a surprise at the end. 

Was there ever a major Muv Luv thread here in the past btw? It seems like there's people here and there who cement is as the most amazing story mankind has told, but hardly a lot of people. 

A lot of people I talk to on sites besides Fuwa absolutely adored it (and so did VNDB, apparently, going by the ratings), but it never did a whole lot for me. I spent more time waiting for it to be good than actually thinking it was good.

There are probably some people out there who would fight me on that, but oh well. Anyways, the original question has already been answered- the choices are straightforward and pretty unimportant, so don't worry about them too much.

Pretty much the flowchart flutterz has shown but even though the series may have choices that do something, alternative itself have a few choices that do nothing to the story. Only one ending is obtainable and is just a linear storyline.

I always wanted to ask some things about this VN to help me decide if I should read it or not but I newer got to open a topic. Now I'l use this one to ask some questions of mine i'l be grateful if anyone can give me an answers (I am asking about a muv luv as a series and not only alternative).

#1. This VN seems to have a high ecchi content and probably a high sexual content as well so I was wondering if it is still worth reading for someone who dislikes ecchi and hates H-scenes or is it's popularity coming mostly from that?

#2. You say that a VN has only one ending but I think I heard that it has multiple heroines, does that mean that protagonist is one of those who go around cheating and having sex with any girl that shows interest? as I really hate those kind. Or is only alternative the one with a only one ending and the rest have a multiple routes?

#3. If other Muv luv VNs do have multiple routes and the Alternative is the only one with an single ending how does that work as Alternative is a direct squeal to others Muv luv VNs (Or so I think)? Is it the kinda that says "All the other routes are fake you newer had a choice of choosing a heroine"  or is it a sequel to a specific route?

I always wanted to ask some things about this VN to help me decide if I should read it or not but I newer got to open a topic. Now I'l use this one to ask some questions of mine i'l be grateful if anyone can give me an answers (I am asking about a muv luv as a series and not only alternative).

#1. This VN seems to have a high ecchi content and probably a high sexual content as well so I was wondering if it is still worth reading for someone who dislikes ecchi and hates H-scenes or is it's popularity coming mostly from that?

#2. You say that a VN has only one ending but I think I heard that it has multiple heroines, does that mean that protagonist is one of those who go around cheating and having sex with any girl that shows interest? as I really hate those kind. Or is only alternative the one with a only one ending and the rest have a multiple routes?

#3. If other Muv luv VNs do have multiple routes and the Alternative is the only one with an single ending how does that work as Alternative is a direct squeal to others Muv luv VNs (Or so I think)? Is it the kinda that says "All the other routes are fake you newer had a choice of choosing a heroine"  or is it a sequel to a specific route?

In order.

1. Muv Luv Alternative doesn't really have that much ecchi content. For about 50 hours of reading you get about 2 H-Scenes. Muv Luv Extra and Unlimited have a bit more but it averages about 1 H-Scene per route and maybe one or two fanservice moments in the overall game. If it's not your thing you can fast forward through them and miss next to nothing.

2. There is one ending and no cheating of any sort. Your choices just make slight changes to who you talk to at times. It's kinda like choosing a bestfriend more than anything else

3. Each of the Muv Luv VNs have a Main route that is taken to be the canon route. Alternative is largely based on those with some nods to the other routes thrown in.

Yea I know about that, as I said I was asking those questions about a whole series and not just alternative.

On the plus side if you utterly despise Extra and for some reason Unlimited all you need is the main routes. Heck, for Extra you don't even need both routes. Just one. The other is basically the same and utterly skippable. Unlimited is pretty much linear til the end too