Any way to know the length before finishing the game?

AMMSY

Hi.

Is there any source that can also tell me the length of individual routes and the common sperately? Like amount of text or something like that?

thanks

Sorry I changed the question I simply forgot that VNDB has a FAQ

Edited by AMMSY

If you can figure out the number of lines/dialogue boxes for each route you can easily compare the lengths. But its a lot easier to find that information for VNs that are still being translated... Maybe if you can find the old project pages for the VN your inquiring about

I can't find anything useful in TLWiki. Am I looking wrong? :/ Anyone have any idea how does the translators know how many lines they need to translate? or are they just doing it one-by-one without knowing the total number of lines?

It's not usually too hard to figure out a line count. Easiest way is to just load the script files into text editors that will give you information like line count. But those script files often have stuff other than the game's text, so you have to single that out first. 

Anyways, not every VN translation is ran through TLWiki. Go to the project page for the translation you're interested in, and maybe they have a route breakdown (but they don't always do).