Rewrite or Little Busters ?

marian11

Key  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I start first ?

This poll is closed to new votes

Both are incredible games, so I would recommend playing them both at some point. But it really depends on what you want- Both have a funny, slice of life style common route, but Rewrite has more action, while Little Busters is pretty much a straight nakige, with a lot of drama after the common route. 

Everyone is voting Rewrite, and for a good reason too.

I finished Rewrite with sadness in my heart, as I wanted it to continue in some way, however with Little Busters! I am currently stuck in the middle of the Refrain part.

I guess I am finding Little Busters! to be boring compared to some other things I could read/play.

I enjoyed Little Busters more than rewrite but I still loved both of them. So I would say maybe read the synopsis for both and pick whichever one you find more interesting. Rewrite ends up being more philosophical while the ideals presented in Little Busters is so simple. Rewrite sends you into deep thought while Little Busters is more feels. Your pick. I hope you enjoy both when you get to them though. :)

Well I played Little Busters before Rewrite. I liked them both, but if I had to go back and do it all over again it would be hard for me to pick.  Depending on what mood I was in it could be one or the other, but if I were you I would take Life suggestion and read the synopsis for both of them and pick which one interests you the most at that time.

I'm probably biased since Tanaka's writing doesn't really sit that well with me for Rewrite, but the Refrain route in Little Busters is still the only VN content I consider a masterpiece. To me, I feel it delivers a lot more impact than anything in Rewrite. Although I would say that Rewrite has a funner common route, and the plot makes it more engaging and easier to read overall. That and you'll also get more romance in Lucia's route than you will with anything else in Little Busters.

Little Busters is great if you like suffering through a shit tier common route devoid of anything interesting, forced comedy situations, pancakes, and Kurugaya ruining everything with her stupid looking face. The routes are about as bad as it gets with the exceptions of Haruka and Rin. Haruka's is only good because she's awesome. Every other route is horrid (Kud's was fine until the ending). 

And then comes Refrain which is awesome until the ass pull piece of shit pussed out ending that negates almost everything that Refrain did right. 

Rewrite is perfect if you dont like any of what I just described. 

Little Busters is great if you like suffering through a shit tier common route devoid of anything interesting, forced comedy situations, pancakes, and Kurugaya ruining everything with her stupid looking face. The routes are about as bad as it gets with the exceptions of Haruka and Rin. Haruka's is only good because she's awesome. Every other route is horrid (Kud's was fine until the ending). 

And then comes Refrain which is awesome until the ass pull piece of shit pussed out ending that negates almost everything that Refrain did right. 

As I only played to Little Busters I can only tell you to play this one first as it is, for me, a VN which was very moving and which was never boring but I think that Rewrite must be awesome too as this is the next VN I'm gonna do starting tonight :)

But, in the end, it only depend of what type of story you want as douggle said.

I would say Rewrite because of Lucia's route and characters in general. (especially the protagonist, damn the gap is monstrous compared to Riki imo)

But it really depends on what you want,if you're used to traditional Key's works (school-life, occasionally hackneyed situations but very high quality peaks at some times) then you can read LB but if you prefer something more original, constant, a bit chuuni and "polyvalent" (the routes are so differents that anyone can be satisfied by one of them, at least) then : Rewrite.