In Progress Amnesia English Translation [PSP]

kyuuichii

all50more2.png

Amnesia English Translation Project

10050.jpg

• Japanese title: Amnesia; アムネシア
  • Platform: PSP® (PlayStation®Portable)
  • Release date: August 18, 2011
  • Rate: Cero C (Suitable for gamers ages 15 and up)

Translation Project site: Amnesia Translation Project

Hello, I'm ayame from Hanataba Translation. Our team currently translating Amnesia for PSP version. We still progressing on translation. Here, I will list our translation progress.

The Project Report (last updated September 05, 2014):

Prologue: 100% (256 boxes done) of 256 boxes
Shin Route: 18% (702 boxes done) of 3826 boxes
Ikki Route: 16% (735 boxes done) of 4643 boxes
Kent Route: 0% of 3826 boxes
Toma Route: 100% (2798 boxes done) of 2798 boxes
Ukyou Route: 0% of 4359 boxes

Extra Story:
Shin: 0% of 173 boxes
Ikki: 25% (36 boxes done) of 143 boxes
Kent: 0% of 156 boxes
Toma: 0% of 208 boxes
Ukyou: 0% of 120 boxes

Author note: boxes= dialogue balloons

Translation Staff:

About Us Page

Translator:

Suzuran/matsuyukixirion (Shin route),

kyuuichii/ayame (Toma route),

Blue (Ikki route),

Shuu (Kent route),

Francette (Ukyou route),

littlemochii,

kohinechan

Proofreader:

himawari/Wisp Night,

Yumiko

Script Editor:

Neko-chan

Image-editing:

shikaSS

As for now, we still progressing the translation. Our team doesn't have any hacker; ASM hacker; and script editor (translation checker). I've tried to extracted ISO files with quickbms and got the script with hkki. Other than that, I don't know other hacking stuff.

We're looking for:

• ASM Hacker
  • Programming/Game Hacker
  • Script Editor
  • Proofreader (closed)

We really need someone who can help us with font script problems and someone who can re-inserting the script into ISO files.
Thanks

--ayame--

Edited by Tiagofvarela

Someone please be the hacker for this project!

Its good to see another team attempting to work on a PSP visual novel. Having different people translate each route should save you a lot of time

On another less important note (and I may be wrong so correct me if I am) but I thought an editor was closer to a proofreader than a TLCer?

Thanks Rooke.

Our proofreader doesn't know Japanese, she only correcting the grammar in English, so we need other editor who can make the translation accurate and to ensure the script make sense ;)

And, yeah, for now we split the script in each route. We also need a hacker ;)

• 5 months later...

This project is back up and alive now. I'm the current project leader (at least until kyuuichii returns and takes over).

Posted some progress updates on the blog, more translations are posted for Toma's route and Shin's, and Ukyou and Kent's routes are on the way. Also, we've subbed a video for the fans who would like to know how the translations would look like in the game (but it's just video-editing, not the actual script-inserting).

Anddd, we're in need of more translators and a hacker or two! We managed to put the scripts in the game, but the font-width/spacing needs fixing and none of the members know how to figure that out.

amn1.jpeg

Thanks ^_^

• 1 month later...

Hey big fan.

I'm glad one of the amnesia games on the psp is getting a English patch!

OK just 3 questions!

When is the next big update? By that I mean the update which will change a few percentages on your progress grid.

Are you okay in terms of re insertion or will you have any problems there?

Also have you reinserted anything back into the game?

Finally I want to say thank you.

I am really looking forward to playing this game in English.i was going to watch the anime but I thought I'd play the game first?( which would you recommend)

And great video by the way XD

Sorry about not answering you for a while there ^^".

I'm actually not too sure yet. We can get pretty far with the translated scripts, but we'll be stuck if we can't code it all back into the game :/. I think we found someone who might be able to help us out, but I can't recall right this second.

^ This probably answers the second question as well =D. You wouldn't happen to be good at those kinds of things, would you?

Our current group manager (mochii) has actually attempted this with one of the dialogue boxes and succeeded. I don't know if we've gotten much farther than that.

And thank you. We really wouldn't be doing this if we thought nobody actually cared, so we're very thankful when we do get those little comments of support to boost our morale ^u^.

It's a personal preference, but I always prefer to go with the "more complete" version of a work beforehand. You can go either way, and I actually kinda liked the anime =).

Sorry about not answering you for a while there ^^".

I'm actually not too sure yet. We can get pretty far with the translated scripts, but we'll be stuck if we can't code it all back into the game :/. I think we found someone who might be able to help us out, but I can't recall right this second.

^ This probably answers the second question as well =D. You wouldn't happen to be good at those kinds of things, would you?

Our current group manager (mochii) has actually attempted this with one of the dialogue boxes and succeeded. I don't know if we've gotten much farther than that.

And thank you. We really wouldn't be doing this if we thought nobody actually cared, so we're very thankful when we do get those little comments of support to boost our morale ^u^.

It's a personal preference, but I always prefer to go with the "more complete" version of a work beforehand. You can go either way, and I actually kinda liked the anime =).

Well I'm praying the easter bunny will give you enough chocolate eggs.which should give you the morale you need to finish this project

God speed

• 2 weeks later...

We are officially dropping this project as Amnesia is finally getting an official localization.

Thank you so much for alllllll the support and love!! //throws flowers//

Sorry that we couldn't see this till the end but be sure to support the game once it's out! :D 

We might be picking up on a new project so do suggest/vote for our next otoge translation project here.

Thanks again~