Hai! Hows it going Fuwa :3

RainHeaven

Welcome!

50 kanji/day? You shall be named a true warrior if you indeed keep up with that pace!

I think Tay and the others are already spending like 2 hrs a day with a 25 kanji rythm... and it's just the beginning! As the reviews are growing exponentially (well not actually exponentially, I thought about doing the maths here but was too lazy to do it).

If you have that much free time, you can also read moar VNs ^^"

that makes me feel bad that you check the site daily and i don't update it often at all!

hopefully i can get back to my paces and push out 5 posts a day and translate 1000 lines a day. rawr!

and welcome~

I think I did about 30 kanji a day when I did it?

I rememeber I tried increasing my paces, there were a stretch of time where I had to spend 6 hours a day studying the Anki cards

it wasn't bad once u get used to it though, it was extremely rewarding.

but think i got hospitalized once and then I was forced to stop. After that I could never get back to it. And so my 6,000 cards just sat there and rot. they are all lost now.

Welcome to Fuwa!

Want to join that challenge myself, not sure if I am motivated enough though >3>;

Also, being the Type-Moon fanboy I am, I shall now urge you to read Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, watch or read Fate Zero, and watch Kara no Kyoukai.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO, AND YOU MUUUUUUUUUST AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaaa

...ahem.

Enjoy your time here!

Hello and welcome!! Glad you upped and joined the forums.

I'm looking forward to you joining us! It's a fun thing: learning Japanese. I am learning 50/day (used to do 100/day, but with school starting again I had to cut back on reviews). It basically boils down to this: I learn 50 new kanji each morning (takes about 40 minutes) in a notebook using the RTK book, and then throughout the day I do between 3-4 15-minute review session on Anki. That usually gets them all done. It's manageable for me, but may be too much for others (no comment on your ability, but we all have different schedules). 25-day, 15-day, 10-day or whatever are all fine options as well.

Looking forward to seeing your blog! Good luck!

Thanks! One question though: When we learn the kanji, is it just the english keyword that goes with the kanji? Not the reading?

RTK suggests you do just the keywords the first time and then focus on reading at another time. RTK 1 is keyword-based, and RTK2 teaches the readings. I haven't really built reading into the plan yet... probably since I'm not yet at that point, but also since many people here are learning Japanese in order to read/translate written Visual Novels.

So, in short: the first round of kanji is keyword-based. Learning to read kanji is a separate go around.