Oblivious Garden~ Carmina Burana

InvertMouse

I loathe to judge on graphics alone but I am only human and must admit the art looks quite pretty:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309886448

Just randomly spotted it while browsing Greenlight :). It looks like a game that tries to have a bit of its own style rather than just pandering to some dating sim audience. At least, clothing wise, it seems a bit different, so it caught my notice :). Looks like the circle's website is here:

http://corypheesoft.net/

Seems like I say this everytime you make a topic on a game, but thanks for bringing this to my attention. The artwork looks really nice.

It isn't voiced, is it? It'd be interesting to hear Chinese voices.

Under the listed features it has:

***Character voice available.

Not entirely clear on what exactly that entails though.

The art is nice, but it doesn't look to be well translated. If this is indeed the case then I won't be able to enjoy it. It's a shame.

How can you tell? Nothing seemed too terrible from the screenshots and I didn't get that from reading the game's description either.

The title and art and the general feel of the op are actually really intriguing! I'm going to remember this one, thanks! (And even when you judge by art, invert, you still managed to make your judgements valuable xD)

Also Chinese is probably my second favorite language to hear, so while I'm not a huge fan of full voice, this would definitely be and exception (because of the rarity)!

The title and art and the general feel of the op are actually really intriguing! I'm going to remember this one, thanks! (And even when you judge by art, invert, you still managed to make your judgements valuable xD)

Also Chinese is probably my second favorite language to hear, so while I'm not a huge fan of full voice, this would definitely be and exception (because of the rarity)!

Thank you :D!

And IceD, yeah, there is no denying that on a basic level, it does have anime art with goth clothing. But like you said, that is still far more unique than the factory stock stuff.

How can you tell? Nothing seemed too terrible from the screenshots and I didn't get that from reading the game's description either.

I was going to post an example, but the offending screenshot has been removed from Steam. Either that or it's mysteriously vanished. How very interesting...

And yes, it was quite bad. 

Anyway, the remaining screenshots should be enough to raise suspicions. "The conversation continued with her topic" is awkwardly phrased, and there's something very wrong in the screenshot about rabbits (besides the mixed tenses I mean.) I can't tell what it is without context, only that something definitely isn't right.

Woah, that OP is really awesome O_O Never expect it would be mainly consist of piano, and I like piano. Definitely would play it if I have enough money, which isn't likely to happen (haven't read the whole steam page yet, but I'm assuming that it won't be free?).

Edit: It looks like it won't be free, yay.

Anyway, the remaining screenshots should be enough to raise suspicions. "The conversation continued with her topic" is awkwardly phrased, and there's something very wrong in the screenshot about rabbits (besides the mixed tenses I mean.) I can't tell what it is without context, only that something definitely isn't right.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I dunno, but it looks pretty darn cool and it's still on sale through today, I think. I can deal with some Engrish (I wonder if the term would be different for bad Chinese-to-English translations) because it looks pretty damned good. I'm gonna have to purchase it.

buy it

Already did. It's on sale at Steam for 7.50-ish (US Dollars) for another few hours. I couldn't pass on it on that price.