Hello from Rya

Ryachu

Hello Everyone,

I'm Ryachu, or just Rya for short.. It's been a long time since I've been in an active forum but I'd like to try to meet some people with similar interests as myself.

A little about me: Male; College Student; Electronics Background; Japanese Future (I hope). I've had an ever-increasing interest in anime, manga, Japanese culture, and the language itself. Eventually I branched into visual novels which has led me to Fuwanovel. I'm eager to read some more visual novels in time, but as of now I've read a majority of Key's visual novels with a few exceptions. Hm.. I'm very shy, and I was debating on the registration progress, but the community here seems very friendly so I decided to join. I do hope that I'll fit in among the regular members here.. Another factor that has led me here is that I would like to have translation somewhere in my future. I think that visual novels will be a very good asset as I begin studying and having a community to share some thoughts with would be just as helpful. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

And lastly it may be wise to post what I am currently reading.. Planetarian & Ever 17.

Oh! And please, if my writing seems so straightforward and dull at times do not take it badly. It's just how I am really..

Nice to meet you, Rya. I like electronics, but I'm kind of clumsy...I'd probably shock myself or something. Have you made any interesting gadgets? I have been an anime fan for many years. I ended up accumulating a number of Japanese manga and visual novels (some PC, some PS2) based on anime--just in the course of collecting, going to cons, etc. That's how I got started on Japanese.

And I don't mind straightfoward writing at all. On the contrary, it seems to be missing from a lot of the internet these days...

Welcome! Glad to have you!

It's been a long time since I've been in an active forum but I'd like to try to meet some people with similar interests as myself.

I'm happy that you decided to give us a try : ). How's the Japanese coming?

Thanks everyone, pleasure to meet you all! It was a pleasant surprise to see such warm welcomes from everyone. I feel like it was a good choice to join the community already.

Electronics Engineer? (I hope)

Anyway welcome to Fuwa :D/>/>/>

Where's Pyachu btw?

Still haven't found a Pyachu around yet, but I'm sure they are out there somewhere... I am a repair technician, not an engineer. I haven't done enough studying to reach that point yet but it is always an option. I learn something new from repairs everyday.

Nice to meet you, Rya. I like electronics, but I'm kind of clumsy...I'd probably shock myself or something. Have you made any interesting gadgets?

I have some high school projects still with me: An AM radio, binary clock, and a robot that follows a source of light (such as a flashlight). I've also built my own computer and done other odds and ends. I can be clumsy at times too, but with some care I think many people can grasp some electronic skills. Just always learn and practice good safety.

Welcome! Glad to have you!

I'm happy that you decided to give us a try : ). How's the Japanese coming?

I've picked it up a few times and dropped it. I'm going to start fresh either today or tomorrow by starting with 25 kanji a day. I have most of the Hiragana and Katakana systems memorized. But in general I'm just a beginner.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcomes everyone. I'll chat with you more around the forums.

Hi & welcome to the fuwan forums! You've come to the right place; everyone here is friendly and helpful :)

I'm also learning Japanese so I can be a part of the translation scene, though I'm learning very passively and slowly so it'll be a while OTL Though I have considered editing before (but I only started recently.)

And lastly it may be wise to post what I am currently reading.. Planetarian & Ever 17.

+1 for reading Planetarian. You are gonna love it, no doubt.

Thanks everyone, pleasure to meet you all! It was a pleasant surprise to see such warm welcomes from everyone. I feel like it was a good choice to join the community already.

Still haven't found a Pyachu around yet, but I'm sure they are out there somewhere... I am a repair technician, not an engineer. I haven't done enough studying to reach that point yet but it is always an option. I learn something new from repairs everyday.

I thought I was able to finally find an ECE :/

Anyway, aside from VNs I wish you good luck in case you want to study engineering :D

Hi & welcome to the fuwan forums! You've come to the right place; everyone here is friendly and helpful :)/>/>/>

I'm also learning Japanese so I can be a part of the translation scene, though I'm learning very passively and slowly so it'll be a while OTL Though I have considered editing before (but I only started recently.)

+1 for reading Planetarian. You are gonna love it, no doubt.

Editing seems interesting as well. I wish you luck with both the Japanese and editing if you continue it. I've been browsing the forums and the community is very pleasant, I may also join the Learning Japanese thread I was viewing earlier. It seemed very informative and helpful.

Also, I've purchased Planetarian on my PC and iPad, I'm just about halfway through it but I'm loving it thus far. I've always heard good things about it.

I thought I was able to finally find an ECE :/

Anyway, aside from VNs I wish you good luck in case you want to study engineering :D/>/>/>

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know if I do get into some more engineering studies. I'm planning on transferring to a university soon where I may pick up some Computer Science or possibly some kind of Engineering experience. It may not be my major but perhaps a double major. Though, if you don't mind me asking, what is an ECE? (I'm assuming Electical/Computer Engineer)

Editing seems interesting as well. I wish you luck with both the Japanese and editing if you continue it. I've been browsing the forums and the community is very pleasant, I may also join the Learning Japanese thread I was viewing earlier. It seemed very informative and helpful.

Also, I've purchased Planetarian on my PC and iPad, I'm just about halfway through it but I'm loving it thus far. I've always heard good things about it.

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know if I do get into some more engineering studies. I'm planning on transferring to a university soon where I may pick up some Computer Science or possibly some kind of Engineering experience. It may not be my major but perhaps a double major. Though, if you don't mind me asking, what is an ECE? (I'm assuming Electical/Computer Engineer)

ECE stands for Electronics Engineer xD I guess different countries use different abbreviations for degrees as well.

If you need some books for reference I can probably suggest some.

BCD using LED lights and 555 timer ICs. It was a simple project to assist us in understanding the Binary code and circuit designs using timers.

The 555 generates the clock signal, is that right? And you used 7490 counters or something to control which LEDs to light? Or is there some other IC involved? Just curious (and ignorant)...

The 555 generates the clock signal, is that right? And you used 7490 counters or something to control which LEDs to light? Or is there some other IC involved? Just curious (and ignorant)...

Yes on the first question.

I'm not that familiar when it comes to IC numbers, but the ICs you'll use depends on the design. To control the LEDs, you need a decoder if you use a seven segment display~

I can't remember the exact type of IC used to control the LEDs, but it was a type of counter.. It was about 5~6 years ago that I've worked on this one. You may be exactly right though with the 7490 though.

I'm not that familiar when it comes to IC numbers, but the ICs you'll use depends on the design. To control the LEDs, you need a decoder if you use a seven segment display~

I remember working on that too. Sounds exactly right, Snowpoke.