I need translators ._. REALLY NEEDED

ok, recently i'm translating Popotan... and there is a lot of problems.

1- My english is horrible

2- My japanese isn't good at all for translation, mostly for personal use only i guess.

Then, could anyone help me? i'll need:

-Japanese to english translator (still Needed)

-Quality checker/editor at least with a good english, and able to understand what the heck i'm writting lol

There is no need to translate 123817283712908 lines per day...

The game isn't veeery long. In total there is 49867 lines to translate. Progress 0.10% lol

Well i've started the translation yesterday... and if possible could anyone see if the translation makes sense and is acceptable/right? ._.

If is something bad or wrong, please say it ç_ç

this link>

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Popotan:P1'>http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Popotan:P1

and the Project page link here:

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Popotan

Sice i've been reading about translation criticsm about bad english etc(not on this site though...),

I don't really care about quality, but to improve my translator experience, and a give just a understable translation to fans.

Then if you wanna give a try even youre bad at japanese and doesn't care about negative opinions youre welcome.

I would help but my Japanese isnt up to that level yet. I wish you luck and encouragement though!! You can do it!!

EDIT: IGNORE the jerks. Come here for help this community is like a family and im sure people here will help!!

Thanks, Even if is to finish in 2020 at least will be finished!(I'm not lazy at all;)

Yeah ^^; Usualy when you're unknown they'll only troll you if you call any help or mock with what you're doing.

I guess because that the "fan translation scene", is pretty weak even after 6 years since the fan translation popularization...

I would probably help but I'm currently busy trying to find a day job before I can do random fan__ related projects T___T

but, good luck to you~

Thanks, i will need to find a job soon too ._. Recently i'm just a NEET [*FaceKeyboard*]

I don't mind helping out with editing/QC, although I know basically no Japanese. I have a reasonable amount of time that I could use to edit for you, and if you need it you can trial my editing with a few lines or so.

Ok! would be nice the most problem is with my english though. (i have few problems with japanese but...) Since is an english translation... a good English grammar is essential...

Edit: Probably there i'll be no need for now, since there isn't many text for QC (after i PM when rly needed)... But you can try in P1 as test

Thanks, i will need to find a job soon too ._. Recently i'm just a NEET [*FaceKeyboard*]

Haha I'm not exactly a NEET but kind of

I'm still a fulltime student at my community college, but I don't really do much other than that

TT

I could try to do some QCing of the text too but not too much atm until later once I actually know my schedule

(AGH I can't really do any planning if I need to change my schedule for a job anyways so I don't know~)

I went through and edited Popotan, although there are some lines I found a bit odd which I marked. I'll have a look over those a bit later.

Also I'm not a massive fan of using all-caps for certain words, but I'll keep them in if it fits the style of the source material, and how you want it to be translated.

My god, i didn't know my english is that bad. lol

the main problem is that actually i know how to express in my native languague, but not in english.

My errors>

"遠慮する必要なんかないんだ!"

"Well, then there is no need to restrain myself here!"

hmmm i guess the correct term was to use "Reserve" or "concerned" and not "restrain"

What is better? "There is no need to be concerned" or "there is no need to reserve myself"?

"となると、こっちのミカンも!?"

"then, this tangerine!?"

lol ^Now that ive paid attention, this is way non-sense

"In this case, this tangerine also!?" hmmm, "also" or" too"?.... or another word? lol

Ugh better i not post anymore "engrish and poor translation errors" here to not spam in this thread.

Well, i do capitalization in some words because in my point of view makes easier to give feeling in the text...

But i wonder... i'll look in another translations to see if Capitalized words are really necessary. (well feedback would be great too since im going to sleep now;)

ok, recently i'm translating Popotan... and there is a lot of problems.

1- My english is horrible

2- My japanese isn't good at all for translation, mostly for personal use only i guess.

Then, could anyone help me? i'll need:

-Japanese to english translator

-Quality checker/editor at least with a good english, and able to understand what the heck i'm writting lol

There is no need to translate 123817283712908 lines per day...

The game isn't veeery long. In total there is 49867 lines to translate. Progress 0.10% lol

Well i've started the translation yesterday... and if possible could anyone see if the translation makes sense and is acceptable/right? ._.

If is something bad or wrong, please say it ç_ç

this link>

http://tlwiki.org/in...itle=Popotan:P1

and the Project page link here:

http://tlwiki.org/in...p?title=Popotan

Im an image editor/artist so if im needed im happy to help i can give the uncensoring a shot if you want

My god, i didn't know my english is that bad. lol

the main problem is that actually i know how to express in my native languague, but not in english.

My errors>

"遠慮する必要なんかないんだ!"

"Well, then there is no need to restrain myself here!"

hmmm i guess the correct term was to use "Reserve" or "concerned" and not "restrain"

What is better? "There is no need to be concerned" or "there is no need to reserve myself"?

"となると、こっちのミカンも!?"

"then, this tangerine!?"

lol ^Now that ive paid attention, this is way non-sense

"In this case, this tangerine also!?" hmmm, "also" or" too"?.... or another word? lol

Ugh better i not post anymore "engrish and poor translation errors" here to not spam in this thread.

Well, i do capitalization in some words because in my point of view makes easier to give feeling in the text...

But i wonder... i'll look in another translations to see if Capitalized words are really necessary. (well feedback would be great too since im going to sleep now;)

about the first one

"遠慮する必要なんかないんだ!"

well that looks like I need to look at the context (I hate kanji) x.x

context: 「うん、これは大地の恵み、星の導きなんだ! 「Oh~ The stars guided me to a blessed place!

[i don't know what's going on in the scene but oh well]

I would phrase it as

"I don't need to hold back!" or something similar I guess (:hmmm:)

about the second one...

"となると、こっちのミカンも!?"

context: 「くぅ~、この甘酸っぱさ。これこそトマトだよ。 Kuu~、this sweetness; This is a tomato!

further context (at least from the text) it seems like this person never had (or haven't had for awhile) food this good, so he/she is going OMG EVERYTHING TASTES SO GOOD. and then after this he's going "ahh~ (everything tastes so good~... OH CRAP NEED TO RUN)

となると = where ... is concerned; when it comes to ...; if it comes to ...; as far as ... is concerned

hmm...

"And now onto this tangerine..." or better put "And now to try the tangerine"

(I would've said orange/mandarin or something else though but that's me)

(I'm putting it based on the context and thus is not exactly... literal)

on another note...

0x0000169e

「財布の中には30円も入ってないし、

やっぱマンションとかアパートは絶望だな」

「I only have 50 yen in my pocket,

getting an apartment is hopeless, right?

how did "30円" turn into "50 yen"

hey sakurafreak, was thinking this project might be better suited to visual novel reader? http://sakimichi.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/how-to-translate-visual-novels-without-hacking/

http://annot.me

^ you can get help from people who are also reading the game. much easier than doing it on wiki, because Wiki is just work. the VNR doesn't feel much like work, you're mostly playing the game. Not to mention TLWiki is not a good place, they're not going to help you. I was IP banned just for criticizing one of the owner's blog post one time last year.

Also with the VNR method there is no need to hack the game to reinsert text, if that helps.

hey sakurafreak, was thinking this project might be better suited to visual novel reader? http://sakimichi.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/how-to-translate-visual-novels-without-hacking/

http://annot.me

^ you can get help from people who are also reading the game. much easier than doing it on wiki, because Wiki is just work. the VNR doesn't feel much like work, you're mostly playing the game. Not to mention TLWiki is not a good place, they're not going to help you. I was IP banned just for criticizing one of the owner's blog post one time last year.

Also with the VNR method there is no need to hack the game to reinsert text, if that helps.

We also have RWI, a web-based interface that makes it easy to translate while viewing original lines side-by-side. No installation required, works in any recent browser. Patch release and other services are also provided, although we're currently somewhat busy with other work.

Either way, continue translating at a steady rate, and have fun.

Im an image editor/artist so if im needed im happy to help i can give the uncensoring a shot if you want

Sorry, i didn't remember to reply, since was very sleppy;

would be nice. The main problem is still there is no extract/inserter image tool yet. if so i pm you. ^^

Zhurai,

long text ^^;

about the first one

"遠慮する必要なんかないんだ!"

well that looks like I need to look at the context (I hate kanji) x.x

context: 「うん、これは大地の恵み、星の導きなんだ! 「Oh~ The stars guided me to a blessed place!

[i don't know what's going on in the scene but oh well]

I would phrase it as

"I don't need to hold back!" or something similar I guess (:hmmm:)

about the second one...

"となると、こっちのミカンも!?"

context: 「くぅ~、この甘酸っぱさ。これこそトマトだよ。 Kuu~、this sweetness; This is a tomato!

further context (at least from the text) it seems like this person never had (or haven't had for awhile) food this good, so he/she is going OMG EVERYTHING TASTES SO GOOD. and then after this he's going "ahh~ (everything tastes so good~... OH CRAP NEED TO RUN)

となると = where ... is concerned; when it comes to ...; if it comes to ...; as far as ... is concerned

hmm...

"And now onto this tangerine..." or better put "And now to try the tangerine"

(I would've said orange/mandarin or something else though but that's me)

(I'm putting it based on the context and thus is not exactly... literal)

on another note...

0x0000169e

「財布の中には30円も入ってないし、

やっぱマンションとかアパートは絶望だな」

「I only have 50 yen in my pocket,

getting an apartment is hopeless, right?

how did "30円" turn into "50 yen"

1- He is starving, and find a tent selling vegetables... but the ownership isn't there lol and he starts to eat "free-service" mode.

2- "I don't need to hold back!" hmmm i guess this expression is wrong, since "the stars guided him to a blessed tent with free tasty food"" he doesn't need to be hold back because the stars guided him to. Then "i don't" would change completly the sense of the phrase. (i wonder if i'm right) But still "Hold Back" is way more simple and better lol

3- となると hmmm by my experience in this text "Tonaruto" is considered as Conjunction... "if so", "in this case", deppending the context...

4-"And now onto this tangerine..." Hmmm, i really need to do a research about translations, probably i'm trying to translate way too faithful;; Since has "?" in the text i've translated like that, but seems is too repetitive, right?

5- 50y Lol i did notice this but didn't fixed. have another typpo in P1 "a apartment" still didn't fixed though x_X

Aeru,

If was Moggy... lol Anyways i did see it. Was way unmotivational just trying to talk to them already.

ohhh this tool has even furigana?! Oh my, this will turn me into a lazy guy for sure;

(i had enough experiences reading furiganas in manga, even if i knew what kanji it was, my eyes automaticaly sought

after the furigana...) But jokings appart, i will give a try, thanks.

alden_0023

ok! i will PM when needed, thank you very much ><

REtransInternational

Thank you very much. And well, good luck there ><

1- He is starving, and find a tent selling vegetables... but the ownership isn't there lol and he starts to eat "free-service" mode.

2- "I don't need to hold back!" hmmm i guess this expression is wrong, since "the stars guided him to a blessed tent with free tasty food"" he doesn't need to be hold back because the stars guided him to. Then "i don't" would change completly the sense of the phrase. (i wonder if i'm right) But still "Hold Back" is way more simple and better lol

3- となると hmmm by my experience in this text "Tonaruto" is considered as Conjunction... "if so", "in this case", deppending the context...

4-"And now onto this tangerine..." Hmmm, i really need to do a research about translations, probably i'm trying to translate way too faithful;; Since has "?" in the text i've translated like that, but seems is too repetitive, right?

5- 50y Lol i did notice this but didn't fixed. have another typpo in P1 "a apartment" still didn't fixed though x_X

- Ah ok.

- my translation style is more... well. not exactly literal (because literal translation from eastern asian languages to english makes no sense whatsoever). as for the "I don't" mmm idk. Well looking into it more since I didn't spend TOO much time looking into it

note: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E3%81%AA%E3%82%93%E3%81%8B

... but, *shrug*, do whatever you want. It's your project and I'm not going to do the translation for the rest of it [not much time atm like I said . . .]

- I was posting the dictionary definition from jisho

- well I explained what I thought. what I put there was based on the context, ignore the ellipses (...) because I accidentally added that in... hmm paid less attention to the "も?!" part... woops

Ok so ignore the square brackets for the actual translation, but that's obviously what was left out via the context.

"(となると、) This tangerine as well [should be tasty]!?"

honestly the best thing that can go into the first slot (tonaruto) that _flows the best_ seems like "Then"

"Then, this tangerine as well!?" fits

but I wouldn't just leave the context out. but I'm not the translator so ~

- Rofl

Yep. cause you're having to translate the japanese to your native language and then translate that to english.

I just had some spare time back there (and was feeling helpful @_@) so I looked into those two and those would be what I would translate that as personally (without more looking into things) [and I'm a native English speaker... zzz USA]

well. good luck on this project then.