The Sims 4 disscusion thread

Novel21

That sounds like a good idea if you're more focused on getting content worth what you're paying for.  I'm sorry, but from what I've heard, the base Sims 4 game is a joke.  Like, really, EA and Maxis must be smoking ridiculous amounts of crack if they think they can pull this off without any serious ramifications.  This goes far above their standard level of earmarking content for future DLC.

I don't prefer or ignore some publishers / developers ... So i own The Sims 4.

But I just played a few minutes yesterday due the lack of time. The new Create a sim tool looks good and comfortable. The general handling feels like Sims 3... The new emotion/feelings part i couldn't really test so far. Maybe after the weekend I know more about that and will it report to you...

Greetz

I don't even think that Sims 4 can be called a finished game at the moment; it suffers from the exact same problems most modern games do. Creators release a massively cut-down version of the game, and save the implementation of the said elements for future DLC's. In the end, it will result in people paying few times as much to get something they should get on the game's release, whilst it will still leave a big thirst for more content afterwards.

I remember TERA being like that as well and it was an awful experience; I don't even think it changed at all, judging from the current content updates it's receiving.

I don't prefer or ignore some publishers / developers ... So i own The Sims 4.

But I just played a few minutes yesterday due the lack of time. The new Create a sim tool looks good and comfortable. The general handling feels like Sims 3... The new emotion/feelings part i couldn't really test so far. Maybe after the weekend I know more about that and will it report to you...

Greetz

So I haven't played a sims game ever since the second one.  When I saw a video for sims 4 and saw that I can put an insanity trait on my character, I was almost sold.  But I came to my senses and remembered that buying a sims game at launch is essentially doing it wrong.  That and paying $60 for Sims is on the grounds of ACTUAL insanity.

I yielded to my poor impulse control yesterday and purchased the Sims 4. I haven't played it yet, but I spent a couple of hours tinkering with CAS. The CAS is quite excellent. You've got such a nice degree over the proportions of everything that I've managed to replicate some people I know rather well. I'm sure the mod community will start getting all the obligatory mods from the older games rolled out for this one rather soon. I'll be patiently waiting for that. I could never stand the mosaic.

So after a few hours of playing time I can say I regret buying it... It isn't bad but for me as not "Hardcore-Sims 4-Gamer" it's not much different to Sims 3. The emotions stuff may be nice but thats all. Whats the most annoying is the loading screens between the parts of the city... 

In the end i've deinstalled it and suffer in silence ;) ... But like I said is not that bad but it's also no masterpiece. It's a slightly developement of Sims 3 for me.

Greetz

So after a few hours of playing time I can say I regret buying it... It isn't bad but for me as not "Hardcore-Sims 4-Gamer" it's not much different to Sims 3. The emotions stuff may be nice but thats all. Whats the most annoying is the loading screens between the parts of the city... 

In the end i've deinstalled it and suffer in silence ;) ... But like I said is not that bad but it's also no masterpiece. It's a slightly developement of Sims 3 for me.

Greetz

Did you enjoy the different waking styles?  I kid you not, they focused on different styles of walking over content that was standard in the previous base games.

Did you enjoy the different waking styles?  I kid you not, they focused on different styles of walking over content that was standard in the previous base games.

It was nice, but thats all... Like you said they focused on the wrong things. Or like they said in a review here, It doesn't fail as game but it fails as continuation of Sims 3 . I think the same ways. It isn't really bad but it is simply to bad for the people who have sims 2 or 3.

Greetz