Potential Review Show

Nimbus

Hey everyone.

During one of lectures at university the lecturer said that it is a good idea as future employees in the media industry to build up as large a repertoire of journalistic activity as possible to help us stand out and get employed.

This really got me thinking. I've always liked doing reviews so I figured I could do a review show on YouTube. It was around this time that I started getting into visual novels so I had the idea of doing a visual novel review show (there don't seem to be that many on YouTube). I have heard that people don't care much about video reviews of book so I was wondering if the same applied for VN.

So I was wondering; if I did video reviews of VNs would you guys be interested in watching? (and just to clarify, I'm not asking if you'll watch MY reviews, just if you'd watch any video review).

If you're wondering about content, I'm thinking of doing something similar to what Caddicarus does with his show "Tinker Time" (

).

To be honest, when it comes to visual novels I rarely check up on reviews. To date, I've never watched a video review of a visual novel. If it's a commercial title, I can usually find a wide number of people's thoughts on here and a few other outlets to aid in my buying decision. For games that aren't commercially available, I usually just check out the title myself.

That said, while I'm not really interested in viewing a review for a visual novel, I'd be quite interested in watching something that goes in depth and provides critical analysis of a visual novel's narrative.

Hey everyone.

During one of lectures at university the lecturer said that it is a good idea as future employees in the media industry to build up as large a repertoire of journalistic activity as possible to help us stand out and get employed.

This really got me thinking. I've always liked doing reviews so I figured I could do a review show on YouTube. It was around this time that I started getting into visual novels so I had the idea of doing a visual novel review show (there don't seem to be that many on YouTube). I have heard that people don't care much about video reviews of book so I was wondering if the same applied for VN.

So I was wondering; if I did video reviews of VNs would you guys be interested in watching? (and just to clarify, I'm not asking if you'll watch MY reviews, just if you'd watch any video review).

If you're wondering about content, I'm thinking of doing something similar to what Caddicarus does with his show "Tinker Time" (

).

To be honest, when it comes to visual novels I rarely check up on reviews. To date, I've never watched a video review of a visual novel. If it's a commercial title, I can usually find a wide number of people's thoughts on here and a few other outlets to aid in my buying decision. For games that aren't commercially available, I usually just check out the title myself.

That said, while I'm not really interested in viewing a review for a visual novel, I'd be quite interested in watching something that goes in depth and provides critical analysis of a visual novel's narrative.

I generally believe video reviews are easier than written ones, just because of the sheer simplicity.

But this is just generally related to the viewer/consumer.

But as a content creator in this case creating video reviews is alot of work.

Script, video editing and a good general understanding of design is required for it to be any good.

Equipment is also needed.

You can always do it without all these and just manhandle it, but I will tell you it will most likely suck then.

If you are prepared for all this, I'd say go for it.

I generally believe video reviews are easier than written ones, just because of the sheer simplicity.

But this is just generally related to the viewer/consumer.

But as a content creator in this case creating video reviews is alot of work.

Script, video editing and a good general understanding of design is required for it to be any good.

Equipment is also needed.

You can always do it without all these and just manhandle it, but I will tell you it will most likely suck then.

If you are prepared for all this, I'd say go for it.

I feel like my popularity must be lacking...

I'm a professional game journalist, and one of the first to do visual novel reviews. My latest one was My Girlfriend is the President because JAST wanted me to, and I've done half a dozen VN reviews for various gaming sites.

While I sob and plug myself for visual novel fans to follow me, I'll help out however I can as well. Just ask, I've been doing reviews for a few years now.

It would be nice if you guys supported me as well. I have to fight with higher ups to post reviews since the 18+ nature isn't favorable for general gaming sites, and showing that there is a loyal fanbase would help a lot. 

https://www.facebook.com/theretrogoat

Hm. That is quite sad. However, I have to say that I'm not very interested in listening to a review that is okay with 18+, unless they are actually against it instead of liking it.

In any case, I guess I'll check out the channel. One thing to really note down is that a lot of people would rather search up obscure VN reviews, not things like Rewrite or G-SNM, if they're already in the VN community.

I'm a professional game journalist, and one of the first to do visual novel reviews. My latest one was My Girlfriend is the President because JAST wanted me to, and I've done half a dozen VN reviews for various gaming sites.

While I sob and plug myself for visual novel fans to follow me, I'll help out however I can as well. Just ask, I've been doing reviews for a few years now.

It would be nice if you guys supported me as well. I have to fight with higher ups to post reviews since the 18+ nature isn't favorable for general gaming sites, and showing that there is a loyal fanbase would help a lot.

Hmm never heard of you before. I guess I'll check it out, you better be good. :)

Hm. That is quite sad. However, I have to say that I'm not very interested in listening to a review that is okay with 18+, unless they are actually against it instead of liking it.

In any case, I guess I'll check out the channel. One thing to really note down is that a lot of people would rather search up obscure VN reviews, not things like Rewrite or G-SNM, if they're already in the VN community.

Mine are currently written reviews, though I do intend to do video reviews as well. Most of the 18+ VN's I review are the ones where the plot is much more important than the sex, like Kara No Shoujo. I'm willing to do obscure ones, I just really haven't yet.

I unfortunately do not use most forms of social media, especially not facebook. Do you have any other places you can link to besides facebook so I can check them out?

I feel like this list is lacking, but here are some of my VN reviews. 

http://b-ten.com/?s=retro+goat+reviews

Did a quick read-through of the Kara no Shoujo one (One I actually plan on reviewing soon myself funny enough) and overall I thought it was a good review. Though I do think taking a bit of a closer look at the characters couldn't hurt.