Rewrite Discussion Thread

starfighter9

So... As per the topic, Rewrite Discussion! I've played up to the middle of Kotori's route, and it's looking ok so far. I wouldn't call it great, but then Key isn't exactly known for making supremely awesome character routes so i can forgive anything if Moon and Terra are as good as promised. Meanwhile i'm actually quite disappointed with the common route, while i know to expect slice-of-life comedy this does go a bit over the top sometimes with the back-to-back comedy scenes and slapstick everywhere. Kotarou is an awesome protagonist with his epic trolling right off the bat though unlike say Riki who's actually kind of pathetic and just sits around at first. My intended route order from what i've seen is Kotori->Chihaya->Shizuru->Lucia->Akane.

Also, does anyone know how to access Rewrite's CG library? I spent like half an hour derping around trying to find it to no avail in order to get the title screen as my desktop minus the menu bar. In the end i had to settle for taking a quick screenshot at game start just before the buttons pop up, but it would still be nice to know.

well then, ill follow this route after i finished downloading it. :)/>

I would recommend Kotori first, her route seems set up to be kind of an introduction, and others have also said the same. I haven't played other routes yet though so i can't say for sure. But then again i guess all orders work anyway since the real destination is moon/terra.

Anyway as far as Rewrite is concerned i must say i dislike the common route. Too much random comedy, too much silliness. It's like Muv-Luv all over again except Kotarou is also doing some trolling of his own rather than being a passive idiot. I only stuck with it because i have faith Key will deliver epic at the end, it would not be a stretch to say that i would likely have dropped it if this was my first Key VN. As far as the characters go i guess i'm ok with them so far except for chihaya. This is just me but i can never associate the name 'chihaya' with 'clumsy tsundere airhead'. Kotori and Shizuru are dangerous for heart health though, with that level of cuteness.

I would recommend Kotori first, her route seems set up to be kind of an introduction, and others have also said the same. I haven't played other routes yet though so i can't say for sure. But then again i guess all orders work anyway since the real destination is moon/terra.

well, maybe ill start there.

At first i want to try it, but knowing that Jun Maeda is not the one responsible for the story disappoints me.

but here i am, downloading it because some members recommend it.

well, nothing will be lost if I dont try and see it for myself. :P

Kotori and Shizuru are dangerous for heart health though, with that level of cuteness.

I've really changed my mind.

Seem's like this route will be in my first list then. :lol:

I haven't really played Key games before(Nor watched any anime, besides Angel Beats, if that counts), is this a good one to start off with? Or should I go with something like Little Busters(Ecstasy if possible, due to new routes) or Clannad?

I have only played Little Busters!, Planetarian and Kotori route of Rewrite so far so i can't really offer much comparison. What i can say from my experience is that Rewrite's common route is basically a Muv-Luv extra with its ridiculousness and i did think of dropping it a few times, although i probably would have stuck around because Kotori is soooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute, I wanted to hug my screen so many times. LB common route is full of jokes but it's at a very manageable level, there is a proper spacing of silly and serious so it doesn't become irritating whereas Rewrite is just joke after joke after joke until it gets old. Can't compare endings because i'm still pretty far from Rewrite's end. BTW LB:EX isn't fully translated yet (i'm not sure if there even is a partial patch) so try it only if you feel confident in your japanese. Planetarian might be a good start since its a short VN (about 3-4 hours?) and its basically the Key nakige formula rolled into a small bite-sized package. You could give it a try and see if you like their style.

I have only played Little Busters!, Planetarian and Kotori route of Rewrite so far so i can't really offer much comparison. What i can say from my experience is that Rewrite's common route is basically a Muv-Luv extra with its ridiculousness and i did think of dropping it a few times, although i probably would have stuck around because Kotori is soooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute, I wanted to hug my screen so many times. LB common route is full of jokes but it's at a very manageable level, there is a proper spacing of silly and serious so it doesn't become irritating whereas Rewrite is just joke after joke after joke until it gets old. Can't compare endings because i'm still pretty far from Rewrite's end. BTW LB:EX isn't fully translated yet (i'm not sure if there even is a partial patch) so try it only if you feel confident in your japanese. Planetarian might be a good start since its a short VN (about 3-4 hours?) and its basically the Key nakige formula rolled into a small bite-sized package. You could give it a try and see if you like their style.

Both of you play Clannad :P

I just pick who I like and don't care what I should really be playing first.

Well, if they said so you should probably start with kotori (which is the one I want to play last TBH)

well, since im not yet really informative on who is who in rewrite.

I just picked whatever they recommend. :lol:

this is the first time ill be taking a recommendation in choosing routes.

don't know why. :huh:

Both of you play Clannad :P

+1 to this.

the game really is a must try.

the anime too. :lol:

well, since im not yet really informative on who is who in rewrite.

I just picked whatever they recommend. laugh.gif

this is the first time ill be taking a recommendation in choosing routes.

don't know why. huh.gif

The choices that chooses the route are at the middle part of the story so reading it until the middle (I can not say for a while) then choosing the one you like will be the best IMO. Certain routes are locked btw.

Yeah i know i need to play Clannad, but the main thing putting me off is length. I went into last year's year-end exam period with Little Busters! halfway through and it didn't do wonders for my grades. I have it queued up for midyear holidays. Btw how's the translation quality, part of the reason i've been putting it off is that i heard some parts are very unpolished and i was thinking maybe i should camp for doki to fully finish it. Then again people also said Steins;Gate was unfinished but i played through it and found no problems, in fact i have it as my 2nd highest rated right now.

Still no news on Rewrite CG library? Or is it another MLA style VN with no library and i have to go look through everything and screenshot it.

Yeah i know i need to play Clannad, but the main thing putting me off is length. I went into last year's year-end exam period with Little Busters! halfway through and it didn't do wonders for my grades. I have it queued up for midyear holidays. Btw how's the translation quality, part of the reason i've been putting it off is that i heard some parts are very unpolished and i was thinking maybe i should camp for doki to fully finish it. Then again people also said Steins;Gate was unfinished but i played through it and found no problems, in fact i have it as my 2nd highest rated right now.

Still no news on Rewrite CG library? Or is it another MLA style VN with no library and i have to go look through everything and screenshot it.

I have some screenshots. I'm near the end of Chihaya's route so I think I will be able to access the gallery.

I guess i'm a bad boy then :lol:/> because there's no way i'm dropping Rewrite halfway, not after seeing Kotori ending. The irony of this though is that i dropped Katahane for Rewrite without even thinking. Btw is it just me or do you guys also get random long lags? Sometimes i'm happily reading then the game freezes up for a minute and continues on after that like nothing happened. I didn't open a thread in support forum because i think its too minor to warrant one, the game runs fine in all other respects.

I guess i'm a bad boy then laugh.gif/> because there's no way i'm dropping Rewrite halfway, not after seeing Kotori ending. The irony of this though is that i dropped Katahane for Rewrite without even thinking. Btw is it just me or do you guys also get random long lags? Sometimes i'm happily reading then the game freezes up for a minute and continues on after that like nothing happened. I didn't open a thread in support forum because i think its too minor to warrant one, the game runs fine in all other respects.

I said he was a good boy because he will play clannad. -.-

I won't probably drop RW after seeing Akane's end but will probably stall it. And no, I do not experience lag or delays.

Well guys, I finished Rewrite last night and it was absolutely amazing. I know i have said, multiple times, that i recommend it, but I cannot say it enough.

The story like all Key is very good. Finish all the routes, you will NOT be disappointed.

Story: 9

Art: 10

Sound/Music: 10

DO IT READ IT NOW!!!!

Well guys, I finished Rewrite last night and it was absolutely amazing. I know i have said, multiple times, that i recommend it, but I cannot say it enough.

The story like all Key is very good. Finish all the routes, you will NOT be disappointed.

Story: 9

Art: 10

Sound/Music: 10

DO IT READ IT NOW!!!!

Seeing that you played it straight, it's obvious that you like it xD

• 2 weeks later...

Harry Kinomoto's totally pointless First Impressions Rewrite post

Kanbe Kotori

The Actrapid/Levemir combination was working fine for me as I cycled through a choice, wondering if I should take it. Then I thought a bit, went back, chose the other one involving her.... Then she appeared, was all, "It's lunchtime~~~<3"....and next thing I knew, I was hyperventilating rapid shallow breaths on the floor while people around me began to comment on how fruity my breath now smelled. ALSO SHE SOUNDS LIKE USAMI HARU WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ohtori Chihaya

is a house. Men become ultramen when she zaitakus at chuu. NO THAT DOES NOT MEAN WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS :(

Tennouji Lucia <<<<<<<<< Konohana Kotarou

THREE CHEERS TO HIM FOR BEING AN OPENMINDED JAPANESE MAN (I wonder why she didn't like it though...)

Ohtori Sakuya

An Otome-ge chara in a bishoujo-ge?? I APPROVE OF THIS NEW PRECEDENT.

Shizuru of the Mysterious Surname that is most probably Takanashi.

Rikka's long-lost sister. No doubt Rewrite is the Unseen horizon that she has been looking for. No doubt deliberately sealed herself inside this alternate dimension because too much moe between too few eyepatches tends to mess with the laws of physics.

Senri Akane

Adorable NEET girl that doesn't look very NEET. Able to extend her wrist at very odd angles in her sprite. also boobs

tl;dr: THIS GAME IS MOAR MOE THAN MERONPAN (see below)

everymorningTILLYOULIKEIT_zps01db9f57.jpg